Universal Swords of Anima, tactical RPG

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Cebollo, Jun 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    :) :)

2. Temjin

Temjin Member

Jun 27, 2014
    YoloMcSwaggin, hard to say... On beta testing speedruns, skipping dialogs, not retrying, etc, we can finish the game under 8 hours. An average player, on his first playthrough, and not skipping sequences will take something above 20 hours to complete.

Also all the stages got a Challenge, that grants you a boost in Forge Points to upgrade units. So if you are going for them it will take even more time, since many of them are a bit tought and may require retrying (and some people say that if you meet certain requirements, you may fight a different final boss and unlock a secret ending, but who knows :rolleyes:)

Btw, here is the main theme of the game:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0kJExycRcE

And thanks all of you for your kind comments!;)

3. YoloMcSwaggin

YoloMcSwaggin Active Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Sounds great, and more importantly will it require an internet connection?

4. Temjin

Temjin Member

Jun 27, 2014
    Not at all.

5. Imperil

Imperil New Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Producer & Engineer
    Toronto, Canada
    This game looks really interesting, I can hardly wait to get my hands on it!

6. nkarafo

Mar 2, 2011
    Seriously, this game will dominate !

- No IAPs !
    - No Internet required !
    - 20+ hour gameplay
    - Nice Music
    - Depth in gameplay (skills, magic, upgrade weapons, etc)
    - Nice artwork & characters
    - Realistic environment & graphics
    - Normal playable control I assume (since it's turn based I don't think it will be a problem)

This is one of these games that Appstore needs. :)

7. footnote

footnote Active Member

May 12, 2012
    Awesome, something to look forward to now!

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Whoa this looks really good! Following!

9. unlimitedfury

unlimitedfury Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2014
    What will happen when one of your characters dies? Fire Emblem was too tough sometimes but I wouldn't want it to be too easy either. Keep up the great work, this game looks awesome! Right when I get a new phone that doesn't have 8gb of storage!

10. scape211

scape211 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Graphic Designer
    totally agree. Do we know when the release is?

11. Cebollo

Cebollo Member

Nov 18, 2012
    Death is not permanent, all characters will be available in the next mission. However this doesn't mean that is easy. We have adjusted the difficult of maps with this in mind, so it's part of the gameplay that characters fall in battle. Apart of that there are some missions that has as optional challenge to complete the mission with all characters alive. You can unlock secrets and get more points to evolve your characters if you complete these challenges.

We are planning to release it in September.

12. Cebollo

Cebollo Member

Nov 18, 2012
    Main characters

Today I want to show you the first characters you will meet in the game:

Dolian Altis

[​IMG]

The youngest member of the squad, Dolian is as brave as inexperienced as a soldier. He is a Kensei class warrior, swordmaster of speed and cunning, wielding their traditional twin swords. A bit hot headed kind of person will forge his character during the journey.

Laocorn Gaudemos

[​IMG]

The seasoned Captain of the XII Squad, Saviour Rex, has served the Empire and their Ideal for countless campaigns and battles. Foster father of Dolian, he treats him as the rest of the soldiers of the Squad. As a restless Paladin, he is the last defense of the Savior Rex, protecting the weak with his migthy shield and strong armor.

Rahal Cross

[​IMG]

Dolian’s older stepbrother, he is prideful and stubborn, he only listens and follow orders from Laocorn as Captain of the Squad. As an encarnation of the Vanquisher path of war. Ruthless, merciless, one terrifying avatar of battle. He uses his Vanquisher Gauntlet to freeze their enemies in fear.

Heinkel Strauss

[​IMG]

Worldwide infamous mercenary and scout. Beautiful, charming and chatty. Heinkel only serves one master: Money. Or gold. Maybe some diamonds and rubies… As a Scout, she is expert in all kinds of tracking abilities, setting traps and overall, an amazing long range shooter.

13. Cebollo

Cebollo Member

Nov 18, 2012
    Plot

[​IMG]

Shall I introduce myself as I am the Herald of the Ages:

History has taught us something, we can't live in harmony, drowning into pain and blood of battle. In our darkest hours, the Maelstrom breached. Its wild and voracious magic grew unstoppable, engulfing this world into an era of eternal war. Humankind, at the edge of chaos, was able to break the cycle. By the Sanctorum's Treaty, a new era was born, founding Khoda and Adastrea.

As time marches on, they were followed by the Duchies Union, the Frozen Domains and the Islands of Fog. That idyllic situation couldn't last… Past mistakes are forgotten once again. The Duchies took arms, blinded for their ambition of lands and glory. Breaking every bond of loyalty or lineage, everyone claimed themselves as the chosen ones, with the divine right to reign over others.

I remember the Judgement of Saint Dumas, a wave of fervour and massacre that almost burnt into ashes our most powerful nation.

Thanks to an overseas leader, conflicts came to an end. Kingdoms were united and this way the Sacred Empire was created. A land free of prejudices where our main character has learnt to live as a true warrior, learning from his adoptive father. His sad memories seems far away from today, but the flames of conflict will come back to claim him...

They will soon discover that nightmares exists, wrapped in the blackest darkness.

14. nbehre11

nbehre11 Active Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Sounds great. I want it all!

15. Cebollo

Cebollo Member

Nov 18, 2012
  16. nkarafo

Mar 2, 2011
    Nice. It seems from the trailer that it's the "Fire Emblem" of iOS.

17. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Looks really great! When is the release date?

18. nkarafo

Mar 2, 2011
  19. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Do you plan to show any indication that the weapon strikes have hit ,other than
    numbers? Right now, the characters do not react at all.

If you are going to take the time to rotate the camera and zoom in on the
    action, don't you think the reaction animation would add to the believability
    of the fight?

Thanks

20. Cebollo

Cebollo Member

Nov 18, 2012
    In less than one month should be in the Store :)

Currently there are sprite animations when you hit/critical hit, but we are not planning to add animations on the characters when they are being hit, at least not for the initial release.