★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *Get more updates and content by rating and reviewing our app!*

This is what some of the people who have played this had to say:

"Really enjoyed it!"
"love that grahics and theme"
"beautiful, amazing app!"
"Pretty wild"
"looks great!"
"Certainly pretty"

You've played brick breaker games before, but never like this! Experience a whole new way to play with the genre-bending rules of Project: Breaking Point's gameplay!

- Play through over 55 beautifully rendered neon lighted levels in 4 gorgeous worlds, with a boss guarding each world!

- Choose from a wide variety of classic and unique powerups, such as the ghost ball or the rainbow-shooting rabbit! Or unlock even more with in-game money you earn simply by playing the game!

- Buy and use powerful pets whose passive abilities will grant you upgrades as you smash through cleverly designed levels!
- Two engrossing game modes, including Arcade Mode and Time Attack Modes!

- Use the energy bar to move bricks, shoot the ball, or slow the ball's movement. Best part: the energy bar constantly regenerates!

- In-depth scoring system for every individual level, including bosses! Score higher points for combos, taking as little time as possible, and completing boss levels without taking hits!

TheMenOfHonor's comments:
Hello! I am proud to introduce: "Project: Breaking Point".

*Earn in-game money and buy new powerups!
*Buy and unlock crazy and unique pets and powerups!
*Fight Bosses!
*Four different worlds!
*Electrifying neon and techno visuals!
*Use the energy bar to manipulate the level design to your liking!
*More updates coming in the future!

Please support us by rating and reviewing! Thank you!

-TheMenOfHonor.
07-26-2011, 09:13 PM
Wow, looks great!

07-26-2011, 09:19 PM
Interesting. Certainly pretty. The seemingly random movement of the "ball" is a concern for me though, going on the video. As is the seemingly jerky paddle movement. Am I missing something going on the video alone?
07-26-2011, 09:22 PM
Hi dev, this looks pretty good. Are you planning to make an iPad version too?
07-26-2011, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the compliments! And Gabrien, thats a feature in the game using the energy bar. If you tap the screen while you still have energy, the ball will shoot in an upwards direction. While moving bricks, the ball slows down until your finger lifts so that you're not worrying too much about the ball's speed while conforming the level to your design. Normally, the ball will fly as normal, or if the energy bar runs out.

Energy is limited though, so you can't continue doing that for more then a couple seconds at a time As for the paddle, this is during testing on the computer. The paddle follows the mouse as if it were your finger; during gameplay, the paddle will move according to the placement of your finger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker View Post
Hi dev, this looks pretty good. Are you planning to make an iPad version too?
Depends on the level of demand. As of now we're busy with another project, but we certainly won't rule it out!

Last edited by TheMenOfHonor; 07-26-2011 at 09:26 PM.
07-26-2011, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the explanation, it now makes a lot more sense. If this were universal I'd have picked it up already, but as is there's better than an even chance I still will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMenOfHonor View Post
Thanks for the compliments! And Gabrien, thats a feature in the game using the energy bar. If you tap the screen while you still have energy, the ball will shoot in an upwards direction. While moving bricks, the ball slows down until your finger lifts so that you're not worrying too much about the ball's speed while conforming the level to your design. Normally, the ball will fly as normal, or if the energy bar runs out.

Energy is limited though, so you can't continue doing that for more then a couple seconds at a time As for the paddle, this is during testing on the computer. The paddle follows the mouse as if it were your finger; during gameplay, the paddle will move according to the placement of your finger.

Depends on the level of demand. As of now we're busy with another project, but we certainly won't rule it out!
07-26-2011, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Thanks for the explanation, it now makes a lot more sense. If this were universal I'd have picked it up already, but as is there's better than an even chance I still will.
It is made via Game Salad if I am not mistaken and a Universal build is not yet possible when making a game with it.
07-26-2011, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
It is made via Game Salad if I am not mistaken and a Universal build is not yet possible when making a game with it.
You are correct. We made this with GameSalad, and it is also true that it is not 100% possible to do universal app builds with it yet. However, the engine does a few nice things like adjusting touch data relative to the camera zoom.

Also, this Fall, it is scheduled to get an update for universal app builds, so maybe we can do some editing and update it then ^_^

We plan on improving this game for a while, we already have 1.0.2 in our hands which will improve on the powerup store navigation. Then later we plan on adding more content.

Last edited by TheMenOfHonor; 07-26-2011 at 09:59 PM.
07-26-2011, 11:25 PM
Game looks great but I'm always disappointed with GameSalad games.
07-27-2011, 07:42 AM
Well thank you for the nice compliment But why are you normally disappointed with GameSalad games? Performance? Or are they normally not very fun?

Of all GameSalad games, I've really only played this one so I don't know how others play. Would be great to get some feed back so we'll know where to give some extra effort.

EDIT: Lite version is coming soon, so you can try it before you buy it

Last edited by TheMenOfHonor; 07-27-2011 at 08:06 AM.