iPhone The Ember Conflict – Online RTT for tablets only

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by PinW, Jan 13, 2014.

1. PinW

PinW Member

Apr 5, 2013
    #1 PinW, Jan 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
    I have been waiting to announce my own project on TouchArcade for YEARS! Hope you guys like this one :)

I’m incredibly excited to announce our upcoming title The Ember Conflict, a real-time competitive strategy game. Coming to iPad this fall.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
    Beta is live! Soft-launched in select countries!!

Currently Available In:
    • New Zealand
    • South-East Asia: Hong Kong, Philippines, Singapore
    • Northern Europe: Finland, Norway, Sweden and the Netherlands
    • Canada

Outside of these countries? Email us directly at [email protected] for testflight beta access!
    –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

[​IMG]

With The Ember Conflict, we’ve designed everything from the ground-up for tablets. Featuring:

⁃ Real-time battles against live opponents
    ⁃ Fast tactical decision-making
    ⁃ Deep army customization (inspired by Warhammer)
    ⁃ Line-drawing controls (shoutout to Autumn Dynasty for paving the way)
    ⁃ Short, 2-minute matches for the gamer w/ a life
    ⁃ 1v1 and 2v2 auto-matching
    ⁃ Pugs, in full 3D (other stuff is 3D too)
    ⁃ Original game universe (see art on website)

The game is a streamlined multiplayer take on the Real-Time Tactics genre, in the tradition of games like Total War and Myth.

[​IMG]

Twitter: @emberconflict
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/emberconflict

I'll be checking this thread too, so feel free to ask questions!!

Cheers,
    Pin

2. Robio

Robio Member

Jun 27, 2013
    2 questions;
    Can you upload a short video showing the gameplay flow, as that's crucial for a game like this imo?
    You mention it being competitive, does that mean in the sense of a MOBA?

Your graphics are really cool!

3. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    The screenshots look great and the description sounds equally intriguing. I look forward to hearing more about this. :D

4. PinW

PinW Member

Apr 5, 2013
    1) Video will be out in the coming months :)

2) If you consider Total War: Arena to be a MOBA, then we are a MOBA too. It is online-only and PvP-only!!

5. PinW

PinW Member

Apr 5, 2013
    #5 PinW, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
    Hey guys, here's our first alpha footage as promised!

FYI, we have started a new dev blog here: http://emberconflict.tumblr.com

In the first post, we show a video with alpha footage of our game for the first time. Hope you enjoy :)

We'll have an early access version ready soon, so if you are interested in playing the game early and giving some feedback be sure to sign-up for our newsletter at http://emberconflict.com

Cheers,
    Pin

6. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Woah, this looks really good guys! I love tactical games

7. PinW

PinW Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Thanks! We can't wait to let you guys play it :)

8. Substantial_Xav

Substantial_Xav New Member

May 29, 2014
    Marketing dude @ Substantial Games
    Beijing
    #8 Substantial_Xav, Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
    Hey guys,

It's been a while since we posted anything here, and I'd like to apologize for this.
    We're very excited to announce that we've submitted our game to Apple, and it will hit the Canadian App Store soon.

If you're not in Canada, or don't own a Canadian App Store account, worry not!
    We have a few slots available for a semi-open Alpha, and we'd be thrilled to have the opportunity to have a few battles against you.
    You can register here, and you'll receive a nice and shiny email with the installation procedure once it's ready.

In the meantime, we're here to answer all the questions you might have.
    I'll be checking this thread regularly so ask away. If you have specific questions or would like to hang out with us a little bit more, don't hesitate to join us on our Official Forums too. These days we might even be online at all sorts of hours; our pugs are getting pretty riled up with all this FIFA World Cup starting soon.
    [​IMG]

Cheers,

Xav
    [​IMG]

9. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Signed up looks great

10. Meridian99

Meridian99 Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Very excited about his game. What's your long term vision of the game?

11. PinW

PinW Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Thanks for asking. Our vision is to have the best fun for time return in all of multiplayer tablet gaming.

The core of the game will stay the same, in that real-time multiplayer battles and the army customization behind them will remain the focus. We definitely plan on adding variety here with more units, abilities, deeper customization, etc. for our hardcore players.

At the same time, we work very hard to keep things intuitive. Our terrain system, for example, adds a lot to gameplay while staying intuitive. You don't need 10 years of gaming experience to get that when a unit walks into a forrest and disappears, its hiding. Or when your units are splashing through water, they are slower. We try to do stuff like this that is easy to understand but adds depth to the game.

Some of the more exciting things come from how we'll expand our base in the future. For instance, we've thought about:

- More "spell-like" abilities beyond controlling units. Stuff like dragons (or spaceships) flying over the field and laying down a wall of fire, force fields, and teleportation devices–we're actually testing some of this out right now

- More hardcore game modes that last longer than the current 1-3 minute battles with some sort of resource system (think Hearthstone in real-time).

- The holy grail for me personally is Guild/"House" based warfare, in a Total War meets Eve Online deal (without spreadsheets)

- Expanding on the above, more players on bigger maps, such as castle sieges and the like

- Creatively, there is a lot of stuff with our original IP that we'd love to do as well, including more involved single player and multiplayer storytelling

- We'd also love to take the game closer to an esport, and implement in-game tournaments on top of our ladder system

There's more too, as mentioned there are many options. Ultimately we'll see what the players want and go from there.

Cheers,
    Pin

12. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Looks great, can't wait for this one

13. PinW

PinW Member

Apr 5, 2013
  14. Meridian99

Nov 20, 2012

It all sounds great, i'm on board 100% ! Does the game have a chat system or any kind of player interaction?

15. PinW

PinW Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Yes, you'll have a friend system so you can arrange team and play 2v2 together with a buddy. If time permits we'll add voice chat for these arranged teams as well.

We'll have a basic messaging system, so you can chat and trash talk if you want :)

Cheers,
    Pin

16. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Wait a second, is it on the Canadian Appstore yet? in that case, let me make a Canadian account :D
    BTW: Is Ember Conflicts free-to-play or a paid game?

17. PinW

PinW Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Will be soon, in the Apple approval process right now :)

It's a free-to-play game, though we make a big effort to make it fair modeled after League of Legends.

18. Meridian99

Nov 20, 2012
    I am hoping for a good way to communicate and plan with my fellow player in the 2v2. Hoping you'll be able to implement that in due time :)

19. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Thanks for the response, I'll be making a Canadian account right away, I've been waiting to play this for a while now :)

20. GroZaV

GroZaV New Member

Jul 2, 2014
    I'm the marketing dude at Substantial Games. We ma
    Beijing, city of drunkards
    Hey guys,

Great news! If you've signed up for our Early Access, you can start playing now, just check out your emails!

If you haven't, just head to www.emberconflict.com to grab your download code :)

We have devs playing 24/7 all week, so it's the perfect opportunity to see if your tactical skills are good enough :p

Also, don't forget to check out our brand new trailer: http://youtube.com/watch?v=lbxzIOUxFwg

See you on the servers!

Xav