Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Squallid

Squallid Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Austria
    Yeah, it seems there was an update.
    It was not a manual one trough the Playstore so I guess it happened when starting PP.
    I usually don't pay attention to the startup screens, small updates can happen that way thou.
    KringleKruiser is listet in the Airpedia too now, but I don't know if there will be a way to obtain it prior to next christmas, I doubt it since all events + prizes are the same on Android+iOs (except for last christmas ofc when we didn't have the KK aviable - that event was bugged for us)
    C-130 and P-40 are there now too thou I'm not sure if they are new, to be honest I didn't pay much attention to the Airpedia...but I think at least C130 is new?

I've attached one.
    Prices are 6 Bux per Part (+6 to build) or 31 Bux for a whole one.
    Bought 5 already for future events :D

Attached Files:

2. coastcat

coastcat Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2012
    To add to the excellent advice already posted...

Here's one option for you:
    1. Keep Barcelona and Berlin open.
    2. Also open St. Petersburg, a class 2 city.
    3. Close all the other cities (you will get back half of the coins you spent to open them)

This gives you a fairly straight route between Barcelona and St. Petersburg, using Berlin as a re-fueling point. In St. Petersburg, always try to fill your planes with Barcelona jobs (and vice versa). A fully loaded Airvan with the 25% bonus will earn you 967 net profit per 21-minute flight between Barcelona and St. Petersburg.

Scrap any planes that cannot carry at least 3 jobs. That means keeping your Airvan and Anan planes, and scrapping the rest (sell the parts to get more coins). I strongly agree with the advice to buy Kangaroos! They're slow but carry 4 jobs and cost little to operate (a loaded Kangaroo will make 1406 coins profit for the Barcelona->St. Petersburg run). I'm level 51 but still use Kangaroos regularly.

Okay folks, I'm done with Puntas Arenas unless I drop out of the top 20 and feel the need to claw my way back up. :p

3. TomekSzymek

TomekSzymek Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Is anyone having poblem with the game? I'm playing on the newest iPad. I've just updated everything.
    The problem is that I'm playing and the game just freezes. I have to quit, close it and open it again. It happens to me all the time... Anyone? I've tried restarting the device, reinstalling game...

4. pdahlke940

pdahlke940 New Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Pocket Planes Guide and Tip

Hey everyone. I'm really addicted to Pocket Planes, but it seems to be getting slow. I wanted to know if anyone had a guide or any tips to help me out. I need a lot of help and I don't think I'm alone.

P.S. Im level 16.

5. Macs96qaz

Macs96qaz Active Member

Nov 14, 2012
    Canada
    #13025 Macs96qaz, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
    It has happened to me, but only within the first 1-5 seconds... It has been going on ever since I got the game. So my case is definitely an ipod issue.

Maybe you should inform Nimblebit?

6. zappy312

zappy312 New Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Pocket Planes Newbie

Hi,
    I just started Pocket Planes and I need some advice. I currently have Seattle, Calgary, Winnipeg, Detroit and Quebec City. I am currently flying in a line between these cities. I have 5 Navigators and 1 Airvan. I am a level 7 and saving up parts for a Kangaroo. Does anyone have any comments for my setup? Thanks.

P.S. If anyone has any Kangaroo parts they can spare my GameCenter ID is zappy312.:)

7. goffy3

goffy3 Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Anyone want to trade 3 cyclones for 1 Cloudliner? (As in you trade me the cyclones and I'll give you the Cloudliner)

8. Texas

Texas Active Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Looking for Sequioa-M's!
    Have 3 Cloudliners to trade!
    In regards to the $2 bills, they aren't really rare in my opinion, I have quite a few, 20+ and know people who have stockpiles incredibly larger than mine...
    Here's some $2 art for you!
    I <3 Pocket Planes!

Attached Files:

9. Merlion

Merlion Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2012
    MORONS Campaign

By the looks of it, the MORONS campaign works to the extent that TA1 is in a safe #2 position, a comfortable advantage of nearly 5,000 of #3. So much for the good news.

But the numbers are still on the low side, if y'ask me. C'mon people, there's nothing less than a Concorde on offer! Granted, we're beating the numbers from when the prize was a Supergopher (argh). But I'm sure we can do better.

As for who's going to win, it looks like I could just as well send Gus his Concorde right now (don't worry, I won't) but places 4-10 are still pretty much up in the air. Pun intended.

A mystery Concorde part, folks! Come and get it, it's up for grabs for those who go where few have gone before: Punta Arenas! As it stands at this moment, clearing more than 731 jobs gets you a part of aviation history and a place in the TA1 Hall of Fame.

Who could wish for more?

Cheers,
    M.

10. coastcat

coastcat Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2012
    What cities do you have open and what planes do you already own?

Friend request sent - I can send a Roo or two. The short range of the Navigator is working against you so it will be hard to improve on your current route until you can upgrade your fleet. I suggest shifting your operations to a north-south alignment eventually so you can put together longer routes and earn more coins (and higher bux rewards).

11. TomekSzymek

TomekSzymek Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Let me just tell you what I've done since yesterday...
    Planes: Airvan-P(2 of them), Anan-C (2 of them), Birchcraft-P, Kangaroo-P, Kangaroo-M, Kangaroo-C
    Cities: Barcelona, Berlin, St. Petersburg (blue) and London, Moscow (red)

So what now? I was thinking of buying Istanbul, but the Kangaroos won't fly there even from Barcelona. They even can't fly from Berling to Moscow. The range is small...
    What do you guys say? I should just collect coins, lvl up and wait for other planes?

12. boomerkidd

boomerkidd Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    at your level, you should focus on collecting coins and bux. make use of the 25% bonus to gain more coins. bux will come in very handy at higher levels, when coin-collecting alone will not buy you the next plane slot worth 50m coins.

imo, you should use more kangaroos, and when you have access to pearjets, buy a few to use for the transatlantic flight (don't buy too many pearjets though!) from LA to Tokyo to earn some big bux and coins, and wait for aeroeagles at level 16. invest in aeroeagles! they're the best class 2 planes! before long you'll reach mid 20s when the sequoias are available in the market, which are the most cost-efficient class 3 planes.

13. aelesia

aelesia Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2013
    To those of you with over 40 planes, what is your fleet composition like?

I currently have 23 (M) planes, all Class 3 (17 Sequioas, 6 Cyclones), and I've recently saved up 30,000 bux which I'm planning to exchange for coins to buy plane slots. I've calculated that I should have enough to unlock a total of 43 slots.

However I really don't know what kind of fleet composition I should have. I was thinking of maybe 20 Sequioa-Ms, 8 Cyclone-Ms, 2 Cloudliners for a total of 30 Class 3 planes? Followed by another 8 Class 1 planes (Sea Knights) and 4 Class 2 planes (AeroEagles), and the last slot would be for a Starship in case I need to collect a Bux job.

14. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Hi,
    I got 54 plane slots.
    With 40+ planes, Bux collecting is fast and easy.
    So don't be afraid to swap planes back and forth from the hangar to enjoy different gameplay now and then. The same with airports.

My advice would be to have a basis fleet, and leave slots for fun and events.
    If you don't plan on participating heavily to the local or global events, your planned setup looks good and cover evthg, but it also depends on your airports layout. I guess you have mainly class 3.

I only play for global events now, so my setup is based on being able to cover any scenario easily and fast.
    On my 54 slots and 10 permanent airports:
    10 permanent Bux sitters (cyclone M, green, one per airport)
    22 Cyclone M for the basis fleet
    8 planes for carrying global event jobs to the nearest class 3 airport (3 Cloud P, 3 Cloud C, 1 Cyclone P, 1 Cyclone C)
    These 40 planes are the backbone of my fleet.
    It leaves 14 open spots:
    2 Concordes and 1 C130 for fun right now.
    11 slots depending on the need for the global event. I have Mapples, Roos P and C, KK, SK, Blimps... in the hangar for class 1 events. And Aeros M,P,C for class 2

There you go ;)

15. zappy312

zappy312 New Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Thanks for that Coastcat. I might have accidentally deleted your friend request so if you could send it again that would be great. When you say North-South alignment do you mean fly from Phoenix to Seattle as an example.

16. aelesia

aelesia Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Whoa, thanks Vic for the quick response! :)

Well my current set-up is having every single Class 3 airport open. I have 6 Bux sitters (LA/Mexico, Lima/Burno, Tokyo/Seoul) while the rest of my 17 planes alternate between Bux runs and coin jobs (Between NA/SA and EA).

At the moment my main focus is on Global Events and Bux collection, and less on "fun planes". I'm planning of having a core fleet of about 30 Class 3 planes and 12 slots for Class 1/2 planes.

I'm also planning on opening up even more Class 1/2 airports in East Russia, Alaska/Canada and Australia/NZ to hopefully raise the chances of getting high paying Bux jobs, and also increasing the number of Bux Sitters from 6 to 10 - 12 (+Chicago/NY, SP/RDJ, Manila/Jakarta).

At the same time I'm also wondering if I should stop coin jobs entirely. With all my NA and SA cities being used for Bux collection, there isn't really much layover room left for Bux + Coin jobs. Which probably means that a good portion of my Class 3 fleet will be idling, not that it really matters that much since a single Bux plane probably earns more than what my remaining 17 planes earn in an hour.

17. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    yep, with a 30k bux exchange, you can forget coin jobs layovers.
    Just use bux and events layovers. It makes it easier and faster to scroll down the airport list, and you don't need coins no more.
    Be sure to fully upgrade all your airports, to expand the job list.

18. Gus172

Gus172 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Is it obsessive that I just renamed all my Roos 1-43 in order and upgraded them all the way so they fly in order?

:D

19. Gus172

Gus172 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    On another note. I went back to check my nicely ordered planes and hey we're all mixed up! Damn you nimblebit!

20. Texas

Texas Active Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Some please tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'm level 26, I have 17 planes, 12 Sequioa-Ms, 1 Cyclone-M, 1 Cloudliner-P, and 3 Aeroeagles-M/M/P, I run a route from LA-NY or Chicago-Paris or Madrid(for the aeros)-Istanbul-Delhi-Shanghai-Tokyo.
    I rarely find bux jobs even with 5 Sequioas on bux watch. What's up with this?