Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-09-2014, 07:00 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quadropus Rampage has made the final 10 for the Original/Indie iOS GoTY poll!

Please vote if you feel this game deserves to win!

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=212954
Old 01-14-2014, 10:55 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

I'm interested in this game but I don't want to get invested until I have a firm understanding of the IAPs, and also some sort of reassurance that with future updates, they won't be disabled or not working (as I've seen posted a few times).

I get that the premium currency is Doubloons, which drop rarely from monsters and can be purchased (with the non-premium currency from shops), however:

- What's the Pet Sack?

- People mention the orb doubler - is this something that once purchased simply doubles the amount of non-premium currency you get?

- There are some of the lower listed IAPs that mention "ressurect and unlock masteries!" along with the doubloons you get. WHat does this mean?

Thanks! I normally won't touch IAP based games, but I really don't mind supporting the developer if I enjoy the game and as long as it doesnt' feel like cheating.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:31 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorlen View Post
I'm interested in this game but I don't want to get invested until I have a firm understanding of the IAPs, and also some sort of reassurance that with future updates, they won't be disabled or not working (as I've seen posted a few times).

I get that the premium currency is Doubloons, which drop rarely from monsters and can be purchased (with the non-premium currency from shops), however:

- What's the Pet Sack?

- People mention the orb doubler - is this something that once purchased simply doubles the amount of non-premium currency you get?

- There are some of the lower listed IAPs that mention "ressurect and unlock masteries!" along with the doubloons you get. WHat does this mean?

Thanks! I normally won't touch IAP based games, but I really don't mind supporting the developer if I enjoy the game and as long as it doesnt' feel like cheating.
1) Pet Sack: Get all of the pets right off. While they're purchasable with the standard in-game currency, it would require some serious grinding to get them all and, at least I hope, that $5.99 is cheaper than what it would take for you to just purchase enough premium currency to do it all.

2) Orb Doubler: Standard fare, doubles the earned standard currency. I think it just means every little coin you collect in game is now worth 2.

3) Ressurection: When you die, for a few doubloons, you can pop right up again to continue your current run. I can't recall exactly how this works but think it is some cute doubling situation where the first revive in a run is 1, then it's 2, then 4, and so on. All reset back to 1 once you start a new run.

4) Masteries: These are the game's achievement system which grant cool perks. Whenever you satisfy the mastery's conditions (say dive 1,000 meters in combined runs) then you'll unlock a nifty 2 sided perk. Whichever cool possible perk you choose of the 2, you aren't locked into. If I recall correctly you might even be able to change which mastery perk of the 2 you're "equipping" mid run (besides the more obvious pre-run time). That IAP for masteries just means you bypass all of that achievement stuff and have all of those perks available instantly.

I personally don't bother resurrecting much as it feels too cheaty, but, especially with the currency doubler, you'll soon find yourself overflowing in cash (well enough to buy many of the artifacts offered in-game, but not so easily the more expensive pets).
Old 01-14-2014, 01:54 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Thanks LordGek! I played it for a while during my lunch break and the game is definitely fun.

I noticed Towelfight 2 is also made by the same company - have you played it as well? If so, would you recommend it?
Old 10-14-2014, 01:29 PM

Is this game working for anyone else on ios 8? It won't boot up on my iphone 5s anymore
Old 10-14-2014, 02:29 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by basil View Post
Is this game working for anyone else on ios 8? It won't boot up on my iphone 5s anymore
I just checked for you (iPhone 5s, iOS 8) and it will not boot for me either.
Old 10-14-2014, 04:29 PM

Yeah the game crashes on iOS 8
Old 10-14-2014, 06:47 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I emailed Butterscotch and they said they were targeting update at eow--last week. At any rate, it's on their radar and being worked on.