Problems with Knights Onrush and OS 3.0?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by pluto6, Jun 28, 2009.

1. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    So, on level 3, zillions (well it seems that way) of enemies storming the castle, and the touch screen stops working for a few seconds... Can't pick up guys, can't activate weapons, nothing... Then it will start working again.. In this game a few seconds generally means death... Anyone else having these problems?

2. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Mine is working just fine on OS 3.0.

3. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    I'm having an issue with the bad guys getting stuck in the air... they just hang there. If I pick up another one, and in the process of flicking them up I swipe the hanging one, then the hanging knight will drop.

It's terribly aggravating

I'm on 3.0 and a 1st gen iphone

4. Grumps

Grumps Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Feb 2, 2009
    iOS Game Developer
    I got a problem on the Shop list in campaign mode. Sometimes, the scroll listing will get stuck on half way across Sacrifices and I can't buy new Doors throughout the mission. Btw, this is firmware 2.2.1

5. Dell

Dell Active Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Only picked this up today but havent seen any touch problems so far on iPhone 3G, OS3.0. I have seen one or two enemies stuck in the air but only after ive finished the level while the screen is dimming.

Ah, I had that on one level and asumed you just couldnt upgrade your door on that level lol :p

6. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2009
    1) The thing with guys hanging in the air is an old bug, pre iphone 3.0. The developers claim it's the fault of the hardware, not their software, but they really ought to be able to fix it...

2) On some levels you can't buy door upgrades. Yeah, it could be made more clear...

7. different

different Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    So I started the game tonight and now the campaign shields don't appear. (iPod touch 1st gen, OS3.0) The other two modes seem to work. This problem is not fixed by restarting, and I don't want to delete it in case I lose my progress.

8. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    I had the same problem, and sadly the only way to fix it (that I found, at least) is to delete the game and then reinstall it.

9. different

Aug 8, 2008
    That's abysmal. :confused:

10. shawn_10

shawn_10 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    same thing for me:D

11. ZZMitch

ZZMitch Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Ya, I had to reinstall as well :(

12. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Havn't had any problems, but I am on 2G iTouch with 3.0. I don't even really recall the enemies being stuck in the air issue. So far everything has been fairly decent running, but that sucks about the issues you guys are having. That can't be fun at all..

13. different

Aug 8, 2008
    Is there any explanation for this problem? It's clearly not an isolated case.

It's daft. It's like.. Oh hey, download this game, it's really fun. But it MIGHT wipe your progress if you're not careful. It's 59p though so even though you bought a time bomb you at least know it's cheap.

14. jaguard

jaguard Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2009
    If anyone would help us by telling exactly what they did before they lost their progress in campaign, or has a route to reproduce this bug, we'll fix it right away!

15. different

Aug 8, 2008
    #15 different, Jun 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
    I got to around level 5, playing on easy - then did two endless siege games before exiting the app. Didn't work next morning.

edit: I've got no idea of how it happened or why. The game was absolutely fine yesterday.

16. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I will keep track of which campaign. Obviously when you are being swarmed, it is hard to remember at what point it happens. As for what is going on, you are swiping your finger upwards a million times a second, and tapping all the extras that you have purchased, pretty much as close to all at the same time as you can....:D

Sorry, I know that doesn't help. It just sort of seems to happen. My son had massive slow down, and people just hanging in the air... Really weird. Seems to be OK now though, and he did not remember what stage. I am not so fast so I tend to die a lot during campaign 2 and 3.. He is past me.