Block Fortress - Hints and Tips Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Dreathor, Mar 8, 2013.

1. DANNER

DANNER New Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Minerals Depleted?

I'm on level 26 on one of my maps. This thread has been really helpful in getting me there. Problem is, I've mined all the minerals on the map. Do the minerals ever regrow?

On another map, I thought I'd mined almost all the minerals but then I found some large deposits underneath some wall blocks. Did they just grow there? Otherwise, I think that might have been some sort of bug though or maybe I just missed them before building somehow.

I've got a ton of cash because I've got the salvage mod for the mining drill, but no minerals to mine. Do I need to start modding the .50 cal and building with them if I want to continue building on this map?

2. Mrdoller

Mrdoller Active Member

Mar 17, 2013
    You can find the answers in the main thread, but thats a lot of digging.
    Motion sensors, look at page 122/123 for different implementations of motion sensors.
    Minerals can be mined from bare bedrock at a reduced rate.

3. #63 dariusjr98, Apr 20, 2013
    Last edited: May 24, 2013
    I just started the game yesterday, and honestly it's not as fun as people make it seem. It's probably because the game is too damn hard and kicking my ass. I guess this tips and stuff are kinda helpful and all, but I need a way to pass through day 3, because I can't make it that far. And also the map designs aren't all that great. Can someone give me tips on how to make it through the first few days, and the best maps, because the ones I've tried to play on are bad.

Edit: Disregard everything I said. Just took some getting used to. 5-star game right here!

4. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

- What's the use of Tech Metal? You can upgrade it, but why, if other blocks are cheaper and I could save my rare materials for equipment and turret upgrades?

- Which is the best bot to get? I can only get one (saving $$$ for upcoming games). I'm leaning toward the minigun-rocket bot.

- Another poster on the main BF thread said the early waves goal should be to accumulate 1000+ minerals. But how? In my current game, I have six mines running but with buying and upgrading stuff, I'm never even close to having that much mineral

- Can I place mines anywhere to gather regular M? Or just on the mineral cubes?

5. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    - I don't know
    - My current favorite is the Future Bot, since it is very good at collecting coins quickly
    - Try the mine drill, stacked three times
    - I believe so, but you won't get nearly as much M