Is Rolando 2 worth the 10 bucks or wait?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by wonderva, Aug 24, 2009.

?

Is Rolando 2, in its current state, worth 9.99$?

1. yes

31 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. no

31 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. wonderva

wonderva Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Was wondering if currently it is worth the 9.99 which is alot for an iphone game.

When will the game have a price drop, I thought rolando 1 once had a price drop...

2. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Rolando 1 is currently $5.99. The final patch for R1 was submitted a few days ago that unlocks the remaining secret levels. It is at this time I am guessing a price drop on both titles with occur. R1 had a price drop a month into it's release, but I don't see R2 having a drop until R1 does again.

3. samoreg

samoreg Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    I think it's worth $10, yes. It's high quality, very fun and interactive.

4. qwerty12

qwerty12 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2009
    I think it is worth the 10 dollars but if you are like me and barely ever have money to spend on apps, I would wait until the price drops or there is a sale

5. Firestar

Firestar Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2009
    Student/Programer
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Definitely worth it. One of if not the favourite app on my iPod Touch. Amazingly polished. Just buy it. It is far beyond the quality of many PSP and console games I've seen.

6. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

Firstly $9.99 is not "a lot for an iPhone game" of this quality. The gameplay is excellent, graphics top notch and most of all its so much fun. The game will last you about 5 hours on a single play through, but to get the most of it you need to sign up for plus+ and get all the achievements and try to get some highscores. That's where there is a ton of replay value. I'm serious when I say if this was released on PSP it would be more than $20 as is.

Secondly, just because Rolando 1 got a price drop, doesn't necessarily mean this will. Rolando 1 sold really well in that 1st month, this barely touched the charts. It depends what strategy ngmoco wants to take, but you can't always rely on there being a sale or price drop.

7. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    What sales strategy does ngmoco have though? They thought removing topple and rolando was a good idea, and making dropship free to boot =P

8. o.o

o.o Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    It's warding against people like me :p When R2 came out, I bought R1 instead.

9. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    It is worth 20

10. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    The game is definitely worth $10. But, I'm pretty sure a price drop will come. It depends on how desperately you want to play the game I guess.

11. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    I wanted to hold off until I beat Rolando 1 to buy it, but I did anyway =P

12. wonderva

Feb 6, 2009
    when do you think a price drop will occur?

13. aluren

aluren Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    All ngmoco games drop in prices sooner or later. Star Defense, the much hyped TD game dropped 5 bucks already...

14. josh.hofer

josh.hofer Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    I loved Rolando 1 and was happy that I paid $10 for it. But this time around, I am more in a 'Save money' mode - so I'll wait till it goes on sale.

I am guessing that will happen in a few weeks.

15. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Save it for something else.

16. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I personally think it is worth the 10 dollars. But my value of a dollar is a lot different than alot of other folks on here. I say go for it, theres no i dea when and if there will be a sale. You can expect one, but I don't think anytime soon. I really don't know though. I am happy with my purchase though. Getting all the achievements to rack up your Plus+ network points is addictive.

17. Pug4Death

Pug4Death Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    It is definitely worth more than $10. Even scrolling through the credits is a blast. This is really fun stuff.

18. iStephen

iStephen Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Ohio
    I got both at premium price, but i think they were so worth it. Rolando 2 is sooo much better than the 1st one. The improved graphics add a lot to the game. even tho gameplay is pretty much the same, it seems as if the levels are a lot more fun.

19. qwerty12

qwerty12 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2009
    I'm probably gonna wait for a price drop on this to get it, but that is just because I'm short in money but I think it is worth it at $10

20. wonderva

Feb 6, 2009
    Which one do you guys think is more worth the money?

Doom Resurrection or Rolando 2?