Warpack: Grunts 1.0.1 update

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Zwilnik, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Zwilnik

Zwilnik Well-Known Member

Hippieman's just submitting this as I type. Essentially this update is an immediate fixes and minor tweaks update to solve some glitches that shouldn't have been in the 1.0 and to add some features requested by players.

Bigger updates to follow of course.

New Features:

•New IN A TANK! game mode, only available to players of Grunts 1.0 that have updated to 1.0.1 as a thank you for buying early (will be enabled for other players on next update).

•Option to switch from Right Handed to Left Handed play added.

•Option to lock screen rotation to Portrait or Landscape for players in situations where auto-rotate isn't desirable (handy for ISS astronauts for instance!)

•Option to disable online functionality such as high score posting/reading for iPhone users who don't have a data plan.

Game Adjustments:

•Double tap on a pillbox or tank when equipped with grenades or bazooka to automatically throw/fire (so you don't have to tap the secondary weapon button first).

•"Hurry Up" artillery bombardment is no longer deadly unless you're in Nnnaarrgh mode (it will decrease your score dramatically though)

•Easy and Normal modes now have 3 continue points at key parts of the campaign mode (so you can restart from them with zero score).

•Tutorial level now has a shortcut so you can run through it quickly and still score points after you've used it to learn to play the game.

•Tap/Move time has been adjusted so that you can tap and release for the squad to go to that location without having to hold your finger down.

•Mission Select mode has a new mission selection menu.

•Details of top secret hidden musical instrument leaked on the web.

Bug Fixes:

•High score posting, all levels unlocking before being completed, sound volume issues, minor scoring glitches.

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Thank you for this. As an astronaut aboard the ISS, I can't even tell you how irritating it is to play games that don't have the ability to lock the display orientation.

3. worldcup1100

worldcup1100 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Great update and thanks for improving the controls, I will gladly go back and give this another try now. :D

4. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    I hate you. Now I gotta go buy Warpack. Thanks a lot........:mad:

5. vicente.ramirezch

vicente.ramirezch Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 8, 2009
    Santiago, Chile.
    Thanks fot the update, looks promising!

6. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Sounds like it improved a lot, for an already awesome game. Can't wait for the update.

What musical instrument? Is that new in the upcoming update because I don't remember finding one :confused:

7. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    This may be a "smaller" update, but alot of these things improving the UI, seem to be just the things to upgrade the fun factor of WG. A big thanks for the bonus content for us who already have the game:)

right now on the store I think WG's avg rating is 2 1/2 or 3 stars, that's absolute rubbish. This game must just be my "target" type of game cause it was a 4 1/2 star game to me, but seeing some of those unfair reviews IMO, I rated it 5. Thanks again guys.

8. Zwilnik

#8 Zwilnik, Jul 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
    A big chunk of those reviews are the "it just crashes" ones, which are people who haven't got their jailbreaks properly installed (a bug with their jailbreak installation not with Grunts). According to one user it's a simple case of re-doing the jailbreak.

It's in the 1.0 version too. We always have a hidden musical instrument in our games ;) There's a mole somewhere in our web team though, so clues tend to pop up when you visit the site from the game ;)

9. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Thanks, I think I got it. It's pretty cool- makes the game even better.

10. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    glad to see the new features and fixes, thanks zwilnik!

11. Rad

Rad Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Washington
    Thanks for the update, you guys are Great ! Just added my review in I-tunes.

Thanks again,

Rad

12. sniper

sniper Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    So.. no lawsuits from codemasters yet?

13. mattyduk

mattyduk Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Can you build a V2.2.1 version as the devs of Rolando2 are ?

14. Zwilnik

We've been looking into it as a possibility. It's not a huge priority as it involves quite a bit of messing about and 3.0 is the future but it is something I'm playing with the code for. of course, time I spend working on 2.2.1 compatibility is time I could be spending on new stuff for the game itself.

15. Killquake

Killquake Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2008
    I just went and gave this game another try after passing it many times on my pages becasue of the controls. After about 15 levels i realized... the controls are almost perfect and this is the best game on my iPhone haha too bad i didnt realize that earlier

16. Zwilnik

Just a quick note. The new IN A TANK! mode that's in the 1.0.1 update will only unlock if you've played Grunts 1.0 before updating. If you buy Grunts 1.0.1 after the update gets approved (hopefully in the next day or so) you'll have to wait for the next update to be able to play that mode as it's a special thank you for the early adopters of the game.

Also, if you're getting a crash on a jailbroken phone. Please check through the other Warpack: Grunts thread and re-install your jailbreak properly. The bug is in the jailbreak installation, not in Grunts. If one game is crashing because your jailbreak has gone wrong, others will too at some point (or worse).

17. MetroGnome217

MetroGnome217 Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    I dont understand the musical instrument thing

18. Zwilnik

It's a Strange Flavour signature thing. We always hide a musical instrument in our games. It's an easter egg.

Did you find the one in Grunts?

19. Bucks

Bucks Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Student
    TouchArcade Supply Closet
    I found a clue to where it is but i dont know what it is do you see it or just hear it or is it a type of weapon?

20. Zwilnik

It's hidden away in the menus (once it's unlocked). You play it, like a musical instrument (albeit a very out of tune and evil one ;) )