Anybody else feel this way?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Desertking24, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Desertking24

Desertking24 Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Do you feel certain games just play a lot better on the iPhone than the iPad? If so what games? For me it's the rhythm games.

2. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

It's probably that the shape and weight of an iPhone makes rhythm games smoother and easier to play. Your hands don't cover as much space and you don't have to move your fingers as much.

3. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I can tell some games were completely made on an iPhone and made iPad support just as an afterthought.

4. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Anything that tilt. And platformers, like Goblin Sword.

5. ShelvsHotPencil

ShelvsHotPencil Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Lost socks

6. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    I agree with this! Exactly!
    +1!

7. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    This one I feel more comfortable at iPad. I misclick sometimes on iPhone.

8. Desertking24

Desertking24 Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    It's worse when say the game goes in the middle of the screen and your thumb just can't reach it in time.

9. ackmondual

ackmondual Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    U.S.A., earth
    A couple of the Final Fantasy games I've played thus far... IV and IV: The After Years. For the latter, I tried playing them side-by-side, and while the IpT version has some area around the Ipad's screen cropped out, you can still see most of it. The pro with the IpT is that you can easily reach the whole screen with your fingers. No need to wave your hand around the larger Ipad screen. That said, my IpT5's battery is dying after 3 years of use, so I've gone ahead with the Ipad Air anyways. It does have better hardware too.

Ditto with Ascension: Deck Building Game. It's easier to reach across the screen there, esp. since dragging and dropping is typically quicker then double tapping and then tapping on another button.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ascension-chronicle-godslayer/id441838733?mt=8

10. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Pretty much anything in portrait mode is better on the iPhone, like all the DragonQuest ports. And Michael Brough games, like 868-HACK, feel oversized on iPads.