iPhone Slitherine's Commander the Great War - Grand Strategy!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Slitherine Iain, Feb 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slitherine Iain

Slitherine Iain Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Hi guys,

after much work we are pleased to announce that we are looking for beta testers for our upcoming massive grand strategy game, Commander the Great War on iPad. This is the first real grand strategy game on the platform and really blows away anything that has come before, but then I could say that. If you don't believe us sign up for the beta and let us know what you think!

The game covers the whole of World War I, from 1914 to 1918 and all fronts include France, Italy, Britain, USA, Germany, Austro-Hungarian Empire, Russia and even Turkey, plus a host of minor nations.

You control everything, it is a massive game. And it comes with cross platform multiplayer built in on our PBEM++ server system!

For more information visit the games page here:
    http://bit.ly/1fw9fMl

Or to sign up for the beta go here:
    http://bit.ly/177Qeio

Here are a few Retina screenshots to let you see what you'll be getting!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. volcanopele

volcanopele Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    Woot! Looks like a fun addition to the growing collection of wargames I have on my iPad

3. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Commander, the Great War sounds interesting. I will have to check out those links on my iPad.

4. volcanopele

Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    According to Lordz Games Studio's Facebook page, they've re-submitted the game with bug fixes and hope to have this out "asap". So maybe tonight (but I doubt it) or next Thursday (unless of course they decide to just release when ever it's approved).

5. Defard

Defard Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    UK
    Does this use the panzer Korps engine.

6. Slitherine Iain

Apr 10, 2011
    We've been approved by Apple and release date is set for 25th July!

7. volcanopele

Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    Yes, the game uses the Panzer Korps engine, but it adds a number of features such as tech research. You can check out Riot House's playthrough of the PC version of the Entente and Central Power campaigns to get a good feel of the game:

Entente Power Campaign:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqK2qpln2So&list=PLc0gtsuQdYHue6McTi3cmzvqP7tcAYxGK&index=1

Central Power Campaign:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7O3i5dcVuQ&index=1&list=PLc0gtsuQdYHtjsYQUFS72iZKrJ1P1hR5l

Note that I haven't played the PC version myself. I've been really enjoying playing these types of games on my iPad so I've been trying to be patient and pick this up on the 25th.

8. Lord Zimoa

Lord Zimoa Member

May 6, 2012
    #8 Lord Zimoa, Jul 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
    Yes, the game uses the Panzer Korps engine.

Not that it matters much, but for the record The Commander engine or code uses exactly 0.0 % of The Panzer Corps engine or code and vice versa.

It is are totally separate engines, different source codes, different programming and development teams.

Both are great games nevertheless IMHO, but correct info is correct info. ;-)

Kind regards,

Tim aka LZ

CEO The Lordz Games Studio

9. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    What is the origin of the name? I'm sure it's just my ignorance, but it seems to me like a grammatically incorrect phrase.

Commander of the Great War
    Commander: The Great War
    Commandeer The Great War

Not trying to be douchy, it's just that these kinds of things rattle around in my head a lot more than they should.

10. volcanopele

Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    My mistake. The graphics are certainly very similar and from watching the gameplay videos, the combat mechanics are also very similar. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Panzer Corps was my favorite strategy game from last year, but I would love to play a game that also focuses more on the grand strategy level.

11. Slitherine Iain

Apr 10, 2011
    The game releases at midnight tonight!

The name is Commander : The Great War.

there are a series of Commander Games and this is the latest and only one currently available on tablet.

Previous games include
    Commander : Europe at War (WW2)
    Commander : Napoleon at War (err.. Napoleonic!)

12. Dittsche

Dittsche Member

Dec 11, 2013