Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #451  
Old Yesterday, 03:48 PM
Glorkbot Glorkbot is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustwogames View Post
The expansion will be available as an in game purchase for the preexisting version of Monument Valley, as opposed to a separate download.
I wish it was the opposite, personally. If the update is similar in size to the original game, I would really prefer that it was a stand alone app. I imagine that the sales would be higher for it as a sequel than it would be for an in-app purchase as well.
Reply With Quote
  #452  
Old Yesterday, 04:34 PM
ustwogames ustwogames is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorkbot View Post
I wish it was the opposite, personally. If the update is similar in size to the original game, I would really prefer that it was a stand alone app. I imagine that the sales would be higher for it as a sequel than it would be for an in-app purchase as well.
Our thoughts always were that people would criticism us for not releasing the preexisting levels we promised. Also we believed that we wouldn't want to release a sequel unless it was a true evolution of the concept as opposed to more content in a similar vein. It's surprising you mention you'd like it that way as we'd assumed everyone would think otherwise.
Reply With Quote
  #453  
Old Yesterday, 05:17 PM
paulkane paulkane is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Denver
Posts: 330
Default

Sequel=$$$=Hackycat Update

Reply With Quote
  #454  
Old Yesterday, 05:32 PM
ste86uk ste86uk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,898
Default

I was just opposed to it as a seperate app as the file size would be much larger than simply being a DLC die to needing all the game files and engine to all be installed again rather than running off what you already have installed. Not sure how big that is but still.
Reply With Quote
  #455  
Old Today, 03:18 AM
bhavukjain1 bhavukjain1 is online now
Senior Member
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 430
Default

I also wish it to be a separate app. The file size sometimes makes a nuisance for my iPod.
Reply With Quote
  #456  
Old Today, 03:24 AM
coolpepper43 coolpepper43 is online now
Senior Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,465
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustwogames View Post
The expansion will be available as an in game purchase for the preexisting version of Monument Valley, as opposed to a separate download.
Wait... I thought originally something was going to be free for early adapters?
Reply With Quote
  #457  
Old Today, 03:30 AM
metalcasket's Avatar
metalcasket metalcasket is offline
Moderator
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Deepest Circle, Hell
Posts: 5,833
Default

Digging the fact that the new levels will both be paid and DLC.
Reply With Quote
  #458  
Old Today, 05:31 AM
ustwogames ustwogames is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
Wait... I thought originally something was going to be free for early adapters?
Apologies if there was some confusion, but we never intended any content be be specific to early adopters. We were playing with the idea of having the first chapter of the expansion to be made free and the rest paid, but as mentioned further up the fragmentation proved to be problematic from a design and narrative stand point.
Reply With Quote
  #459  
Old Today, 05:35 AM
coolpepper43 coolpepper43 is online now
Senior Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,465
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustwogames View Post
Apologies if there was some confusion, but we never intended any content be be specific to early adopters. We were playing with the idea of having the first chapter of the expansion to be made free and the rest paid, but as mentioned further up the fragmentation proved to be problematic from a design and narrative stand point.
Oh ok, just confused. I will still support you guys!
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent