Real Racing 2 HD

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by GaZ-OiD, May 8, 2012.

1. GaZ-OiD

GaZ-OiD Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    London, UK
    On my new iPad (3) the game starts up jerky as the first car comes on just before the option screens and the game is slightly jerky during racing with the occasional frame completely stopping for part of a second. Is this a common problem or is it just me?

2. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Real racing 2 and crappy framerate is common yes. Especially if you play it via AirPlay (plus it looks like shit via AirPlay, unlike the doctored pics the devs puts up).

3. GaZ-OiD

GaZ-OiD Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    London, UK
    Thanks for the reply to my first post :)

I have to say I love the game but would love it more if it was less choppy at times and as smooth as a babies bum lol surly with the A5x chip an update must make this possible........ I will keep playing and keep my fingers crossed but NOT at the same time lol

4. Firemonkeys Sam

Firemonkeys Sam Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2010
    Community Manager
    Melbourne, Australia
    Tried turning your iPad off then on again? This often helps! Also make sure you're on the latest iOS (5.1.1)
    Please visit our support site for further assistance: http://www.firemint.com/support

AirPlay performance is entirely dependent on your personal wireless setup. If you're using older game versions, older OSes, or if there is quite a bit of interference on your network you will see frame rate hitches and artifacts on screen during gameplay. Distance between your WiFi point and Apple TV can be a factor, as can other devices using the network, as well as thick walls.

Most players have no trouble getting the game running well when following our guide and making sure there is no interference on the network.

5. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    Nice to see you guys comment. The issues with performance on Apple TV seems indeed to be dependant on the internet connection. Love the game. :)

6. Firemonkeys Sam

Firemonkeys Sam Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2010
    Community Manager
    Melbourne, Australia
    Always happy to help!