Strike Force Heroes: Extraction (by Not Doppler)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by notdoppler, Oct 24, 2013.

1. notdoppler

notdoppler Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2012
    20 characters each with their own flaws and perks

Hi everyone, as promised I wanted to give an update on some of the characters available in Strike Force Heroes: Extraction.

How it works
    As the game progresses you can unlock new characters which all start with a unique flaw that will be a disadvantage. However as you play on, you'll complete challenges which will help you unlock their perks which can be a huge advantage depending on your style.

Below is a sample of some of the characters and their flaws and perks. Which one is your favorite?

[​IMG]

Dutchess
    The world's most dangerous secret agent. No one can tarnish his sterling reputation but him
    FLAW: Fragile - 10% less health
    PERKS: Grappling Hook - falling off buildings causes less/no damage

Ninja
    A master of the ancient art of ninjitsu. She's faster than the road runner and twice as deadly
    FLAW: Running speed slowly increases
    PERKS: Enemy projectiles travel slower and can even be dodged

Calamity
    Can shoot the crumbs off the whiskers of a mouse from 400 yards out... Needs reading glasses though.
    FLAW: Easy target - enemies more likely to land a critical hit
    PERKS: Ability to sometimes hit enemies... even when you miss

Nathan
    A master of all things mechanical. Once built a nuclear reactor out of a toaster and a twinkie
    FLAW: Takes more damage while running
    PERKS: Can heal over time while running and has a proto-shield to block enemy attacks (6 second cooldown)

Maicoo
    Sous-chef of the best restaurant in the world until he lost hiss eye. Something changed in him after that day
    FLAW: He does everything backwards (running right to left)
    PERKS: Can sometimes eat enemy projectiles which actually heal you

Tower
    A mysterious mountain of a man in the most advanced armor on earth. The name says it all
    FLAW: Heavy weight - falling off buildings causes more damage
    PERKS: Hardened - Running through enemies won't slow you down

Jyn
    An avid gamer and deadly sniper -- not that the two are related.
    FLAW: Will not see warnings of incoming firefights or helicopter chases
    PERKS: Increased odds of landing a headshot

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #22 JCho133, Nov 19, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
    I remember seeing this game on notdoppler a few months ago and giving it a spin. I thought it was really neat and rather enjoyed it, but quickly forgot about it as I'm not much of a Flash gamer.

I literally just tried the second one an hour ago when I was skimming Armor Games for the sake of boredom since ive never been to the website but am a fan of their iOS ports. Well I saw the add for Extaction so I decided to try out the 2nd and was thoroughly impressed, but was left wondering how on earth they could port these controls.

So I started to look into this and I think what you guys have is very intriguing, as I am always one for that tactical flavor. I like that you unlock weapons through challenges rather than a currency which I think is unique and adds some much needed spicing up in the genre. Definitely on my radar for Thursday.

Do you guys have plans for updates? Be it missions, characters, weapons, etc.?

And is there an upgrade system for characters or weapons? I noticed all the coins you picked up so the currency must be used for something. And an upgrade system adds good longevity. But I'm sure you already know that since you're game devs haha.

Edit: I also noticed an "Up" arrow in the UI on one of the menu screens so I assume that's an upgrade screen?

3. notdoppler

Sep 2, 2012
    Really happy to hear that you enjoyed the Flash predecessors :)

The game-play of Strike Force Heroes: Extraction is different from the Flash instalments in the sense that the Flash versions were arena-based shooters, whereas Strike Force Heroes: Extraction is more of a runner/shooter; so the player will continuously be running towards the right end of the screen unless you swipe down to duck/take cover.

At the moment we are hoping we might be able to provide update(s) to the game in the future - however nothing is 100% certain as of yet.

In terms of upgrades - the game contains lots of upgrades :).

Characters:
    There are 30 characters in the game which you can unlock as you progress through Campaign Mode. Each character starts with a flaw (ie: a specific weakness that could hinder you during game-play), but as you play through the game you can complete certain tasks to unlock two unique perks for each character.

New characters can be bought using the coins that you collect during game-play.

Weapons:
    The game contains 33 weapons, which also can be bought using the coins collected during game-play. Individual weapons can't be upgraded, however some weapons may be stronger when using a specific character depending on the character's unlocked perks.

General Upgrades:
    The Upgrades screen marked up the Up arrow that you saw on the screenshot is for general upgrades which apply to all characters and weapons. These upgrades include Health, Critical Chance, Reload Speed & Perk Bonus (ie: increasing the effectiveness of the characters perks).

These can be upgraded using the coins collected during game-play; and all of these upgrades apply to all characters/weapons in the game.

4. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    #24 JCho133, Nov 19, 2013
    All this sounds awesome! I can't wait :)

In regards to the controls- do you just tap the enemies on the right side of the screen to shoot?

5. notdoppler

Sep 2, 2012
    #25 notdoppler, Nov 19, 2013
    Quick gameplay preview

The controls are pretty easy I think - you tap the right side of the screen to shoot, and you jump with the left side of the screen. Swiping down will make you take cover. :)

We've had a few questions on the gameplay mechanic so I thought I might as well pull the camcorder out and do a quick demo for this forum - you can see the menu items, characters, weapons, upgrades and a quick run through one of the levels.

You'll also notice Gulag's perk in action if you watch closely - he regains health as he smashes through glass panes - very handy!

Let me know if there is anything else you want to know about or even see :)

6. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    #26 JCho133, Nov 19, 2013
    Nice! It all looks very fun and easy to control!

I love the animations and art style, and the little perks the characters have (like crashing through windows gives you health) is a really nice touch and playing with all the different characters is gonna be really cool

7. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    So with snipers is it an instant shot but you just need to be very accurate? (except with Calamity sometimes haha) Or is it more like you don't need to be as accurate but there's kinda a delay for your character to aim like in Zombieville USA 2?

8. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    I am also a huge fan of Earn to Die as it hasn't left my device since launch. So I'm really looking forward to this one.

What iPad models are supported with HD version? Is my iPad mini 1st gen going to be good enough to run this?

9. Noah0708

Noah0708 Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Probably paid being that the other 2 Not Doppler games are paid.

10. ojtitus

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    If you would bother reading the rest of the thread you would see the question was already answered by the developer.

11. notdoppler

Sep 2, 2012
    For shooting you mainly need to tap the right side of the screen (ie: you won't need to tap individual characters to shoot them). Each gun has its own range however which can impact your ability to hit the enemy depending how far you are from them.

Sniper Rifles in the game do generally have the highest range, however they also have a lower fire-rate compared to other weapons.

That is correct that it will be paid. The iPhone/iPod touch version will be $1.99, and the HD version will be $2.99.

Thanks, happy to hear that you are looking forward to it :)

The HD build supports iPad 2 and newer, and iPad mini (1st Gen) and newer :)

12. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    #32 JCho133, Nov 19, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
    Ahhh I understand now.

This is my most anticipated release this Week! Boy, the wait till Wednesday night in the US is gonna be a long one as usual!

13. ojtitus

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    I think you are confused, this will be available tomorrow night at 11pm est in the US, not Thursday night.

14. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012

Oh whoops haha, that's embarrassing figuring how many times I've been up waiting Wednesday night.

15. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    The TA plays looked AWESOME

16. notdoppler

Sep 2, 2012
    Thanks! Unfortunately the game wasn't rendering correctly on the iPad Air :(. We are looking into this to provide a fix ASAP. It should render correctly on all other devices however.

17. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    At least it wasn't anything game breaking (that woulda stunk) and you're also not the only ones having Air problems so it's all good. As long as it works on my 5S that's all that matters!

But argh, still 16 and 1/2 hours to go!

18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Will you be releasing the original Strike Force Heroes at some point ?

Did a search for your game and found another game where you start off as a scientist and have to escape. You can go left/right etc.

Will this one be coming to iOS ? Plays really well

19. iSupah

iSupah Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2012
    You know I only got 2 dollars left in my iTunes after going on a App spree yesterday? I'm gonna gladly spend my last 2 dollars on this app because Strike Force Heroes never dissapoint me.It was the best flash game ever!! can't wait to try this auto-runner!!

20. notdoppler

Sep 2, 2012
    Unfortunately porting the Flash games directly wasn't possible due to their control schemes, however if mobile game controllers take off it may become feasible to have an arena-based shooter similar to the online versions in the future :)

Thanks so much for the kind words - we really hope you enjoy the game :)