Universal The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 18, 2014.

1. ioscody

ioscody Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Game is freezing a lot now ??? Please fix!! (Iphone 5 7.1.2

2. Gameloft_Kyle

Gameloft_Kyle Active Member

Hi Cody,

Is this occurring after the latest update (v1.1.0)? Have you submitted a support ticket yet?

This will allow the team to collect device & profile details and investigated any associated crash logs, which can help them as they further optimize the game.

3. ioscody

Jan 9, 2014
    Thanks for the reply. Yes I am running latest update. How do I submit a support ticket?

4. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    When you launch the game, there is a little black boxed Gameloft icon I the bottom left corner.
    Tap on that and on the pop up that appears select Customer Care.
    A list of known problems will come up.
    Scroll to the end and you will see a tab with "my issue was not listed".
    Select that and fill in the form that comes up next.
    You'll get an email confirming you're ticket after a while.
    Be sure and fill in every field and be as detailed as possible in the details/comment section at the bottom of that form.

5. ioscody

Jan 9, 2014
    Thanks so much rip and Kyle !!

6. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    No prob. Good luck with it.
    Bear in mind they get a lot of emails in support so give me some time to check things out.
    All support related stuff does make its way to the dev team responsible for the game.

7. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Are there more mission types that pop up after chapter 2? I keep grinding the same 5 mission types over and over to get coins.

8. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Please make iphone 4 support

9. Ajooba

Ajooba New Member

Sep 17, 2014
    Kraven impossible fight

I have the same problem. After dying, I only restart with 25% health. I cannot beat kraven and hammhead with 25%. I refuse to spend IAPs on a premium priced game.

10. ioscody

Jan 9, 2014
    This game plays much better on iPhone 6 plus then it did on the 5s also I don't mind the sub native res.

11. ivalerio90

ivalerio90 Active Member

May 27, 2014
    Have You planned new update with new costumes?

12. pkMinhas

pkMinhas Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Software development
    India
    The game stutters whenever an event is completed. I guess it is communicating with the GL servers at that time.

13. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    I bought this today for a buck, and after facing electro, i can DEFINITELY say that gameloft did a DISGUSTING job on spiderman 2.

If you lose on the boss ( i lost to see what happens) you can either
    1) use a Revive for which you pay real money.
    2) Or you can start the boss fight again, but get this, with 20% OF YOUR HEALTH!!!
    3) OR, you can wait an hour for your health to replenish before trying the boss, without being able to play any other missions in the meantime
    4) or, you can use a 20% potion, seriously 20% that you buy for 300 gold ( i had 3000 gold at that point, so it would take half my money to get back to full health.

Gameloft Kyle, or Ryan, or whoever reads this, pass on my impressions if you want. 1 dollar is nothing, but i feel like i paid 1 dollar for a complete FREE TO PLAY MECHANICS game!

14. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    This seems to be Gameloft's approach to making money through their games now. This monetization mechanic sucks, but that's their tactic. I agree with you. I hope it changes in the future, but until then it just means I play their games less and less. Can't even get more than 15 mins of play in the newest Spidey game before the energy runs out and I have to close it. All these apps I'd happily pay $10-20 for a premium version of them, but unfortunately most gamers wouldn't I guess.

15. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Can't comment on this but as for the Spider-Man unlimited, you can play for as long as you like - just add friends and do the daily energy request from them. You can get 5 a day and it won't take long to get enough so you don't ever need to worry about energy refills.

16. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    What Mess says is true, after i discovered it i had no energy problems. unlimited was a reason i threw a buck at tasm2, since Unlimited is well implemented. Sadly i was dissapointed. I dontcare much if the iaps are cosmetic, sometimes i even buy them. But iaps nessecary to play and finish a premium game, are not acceptable.

17. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #377 Rip73, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
    Iaps are not necessary to play or finish the game in any way.

Upgrading your characters abilities are though. And that would be part of just about any game with a character upgrade system.
    And all the cash necessary to upgrade is earned through missions and side missions, just about what one would expect in a sandbox game.

Let's not start to misperceive the type of mechanics that have been around in games forever with an iap push.
    Bosses are hard, that's why they are bosses. They are not meant to be easy.
    A character upgrade system is a system that is there to be used, to upgrade you're character.
    Grinding to earn cash or upgraded has been a part of games for decades.

Just because there is iap there doesn't mean it has to be used. And this is certainly one of those games where iap does not have to be used.
    Unless one wants a different skin with higher base stats.
    An upgraded base skin can still easily complete the game.
    All the necessary stuff to upgrade you're character is earned by playing the open world.
    Which is what I'd assume someone playing an open world game would want.

18. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    #378 ramzarules, Dec 22, 2014
    I will not say anything else to the above, except:
    1) expected Rip73 reply defending Gameloft/10, as he has done all along this thread.
    2) and its such a shame because the game looks and plays as beautiful as perhaps the playstation open world spiderman...

19. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #379 Rip73, Dec 22, 2014
    And you're post is exactly what I'd expect from someone who can't see beyond a game with iap and chooses the usual reaction.

As I've been perfectly able to finish the game completely with the standard skin and earned enough in game currency just by playing the game to upgrade that character to max, I stand by my point.

The difference is I see iap and ignore it, you see iap and assume it's necessary because you can't pass a level.
    There's a difference between difficulty, skill and upgrade level to actually pushing iap.

If you ignored the iap and focused on upgrading you're character by simply playing the game, you might find it easier to be less reactionary.

Not every game is meant to be easy or finished quickly.
    Take it. Leave it. I don't really care.
    I do care about people posting false stuff though just because they can't do it and if I could do it without iap well then, just about anybody can.

Note. Be very careful on you're attempts at personal attacks as well. Not everybody here is looking for an Internet argument or a troll fest. And some of us are entitled to actually express positive impressions rather than the default hate iap troll fest that has taken over.

20. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    If it wasn't the same 3 missions over and over grinding wouldn't be so bad.