iPhone/iPad Headphone suggestions

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by hokiefan85, Mar 4, 2014.

1. hokiefan85

hokiefan85 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2010
    I'm a casual iOS gamer who would like a decent pair of headphones for gaming and casual music listening. I'm thinking of spending around $50. Good bass and sound quality is a must. Wireless/Bluetooth functionality would be a bonus.

Ey can be over-ear or in-ear. Doesn't matter. Just looking for solid quality for around $50.

Any suggestions?

2. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    I know vsonic gr06 is around 60 and it's a good earphone

3. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    No lie..... ( and I am a DJ by trade )...... I bought a pair of earbuds for UNDER $7 from monoprice that sound as good as my $100 Sony pair I use to DJ with.... of course they are not wireless, but for under $7 you would be absolutely amazed.

If you ask me, I think they sound as good as those ridiculously priced beatz headphones. For under $7. I bought 20 pairs of them after buying my first pair........ I plan to give them away as presents. :D (NOBODY will think they only cost $7!!! :D:eek::D )

4. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    #4 henryfakesmile, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
    B&O H6 .... u have never seen anything like this ...its the best looking headphone , and i think of buying an extra pair of limited dark green edition

B&O stuffs ARE DESIGNED TO LOOK AS GOOD AS THEY SOUND

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

5. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I'm an advocate of ATH M-50s, definitely one of the best headphones I've owned. Though they're not tuned for bass, but rather attempt to deliver sound as the recording has it. They might be on the pricy side, I don't know which country you're from but I can vouch for their quality.

I'm in a similar boat as Papa deuce though - I once bought some cheap Panasonic over-the-ear earbuds when I needed a pair... and found they sounded amazing. Honestly, they're still my favorite pair for when I don't feel like rocking out the M50-s.

6. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I am currently using a pair of Sonys, it sounds ok to me but untangling the cables is really irritating. Anyone using any lightweight Bluetooth earbuds?

7. hokiefan85

hokiefan85 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2010
  8. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Panasonic RP-HTX7s are pretty decent pair but no mic support. Listening to music on these are excellent (Bass is subjective but I found it the right amount of "oomph") and it doesn't break the bank. Around $30 to $40.