Official Dead Trigger 2 Off-Topic Discussion

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ocehcap, Oct 23, 2013.

1. ocehcap

ocehcap New Member

May 8, 2012
  2. Dead Trigger is back!

3. Be careful, backup everything before you do so, I would not recommend upgrading to ios 7 without some thought.

4. Ok, I might try it now

5. iOSPeace

iOSPeace Well-Known Member

MadFinger you suck. Only iOS 7. This is why you and other developers are loosing money because of you putting it on a new OS only.

6. Money doesn't just grow on trees.

7. QuakeAZ

QuakeAZ Member

Oct 23, 2013
    Mechanic / Line Cook
    Arizona, USA
    #7 QuakeAZ, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
    My thoughts exactly.

Oh well, looks like we're screwed. Uninstalling.

8. JetLinerSaw

JetLinerSaw Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2013
  9. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Sure it does, there's a place in Jersey, that has a park where tree's grow money, I'm not lying !

10. shoi

shoi Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    I was wondering if it is a PvZ2 case of "we were paid a truckload of money to...". not release early on the android platform in pvz2 case; force iOS7 onto users for DT2.
    But DT2 certainly reaches a too small fragment of the iOS population to be of that interest to Apple...

11. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    You're making assumptions. It's certainly possible, but at PAX, the only playable demo of DT2 was on the NVidia Shield. It's coming.

12. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    So it seems most are having issues that the game requires iOS 7. Naturally the OS will evolve which is inevitable. If your device can't support iOS 7, than that stinks, just move on. No need to hate on a game your device can't play. It would be like getting upset that I can't play the latest PC release because my system isn't able to play it. I would naturally either move on, or I'd buy a new graphics card or whatever.

I noticed someone called the game a flop...

Really? Is it because you don't have a device that supports it or because you don't enjoy the game play? :confused:

13. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    It's a good point. A game that has these kind of graphics on iOS can't be expected to run on older devices like my 4G.

I have two options, buy a new device or just play it on my wife's iphone 4S. Hopefully she won't be annoyed when I'm using her iphone sometimes.

14. shoi

shoi Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    #14 shoi, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
    My wording was not really good but I meant that in the DT2 case, they were paid to bump their min. iOS requirement to 7 so that people upgrades.

It seems, even if the adoption rate is rather high,for a sole month of existence, that iOS7 adoption rate is under iOS6 adoption rate for the same interval of time.

15. QuakeAZ

QuakeAZ Member

Oct 23, 2013
    Mechanic / Line Cook
    Arizona, USA
    I don't see why not? What little I can play runs smooth as can be on my 4G.

16. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    It goes deeper than that! Illuminati! No, that is a two part story.

As for Android ver, it's coming.

[​IMG]

Logic. Love it.

17. Maybe he doesn't want iOS 7 on his 4S. I know I'd don't want iOS 7.

18. shoi

shoi Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    well, read again and you'll see that it's not what am saying...
    I said that PvsZ2 truckload of money was to postpone android release.
    I said that DT2 truckload of money was to force iOS7 onto the users.

but it's far stretch haha.
    I guess, they just don't want jailbreak people to dl it.

19. shoi

shoi Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Because this cannot be the reason. you can support the new iOS7 controller SDK and still make it available to older versions.

iOS7 hasn't be jailbroken yet so the only reasons to force iOS7 are:

- avoid piracy
    - avoid older devices to dl it

iOS7 is wrong in so many places that I'm waiting for iOS8 (flat design why not, but a good flat design's better).

20. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    I was referring to this with two-part story.

I was on iOS 5 from the day it was released until iOS 7 officially came out, missed a lot of great games & apps that required higher iOS ver. It left me wondering many times why some developers decided to support only current iOS ver, it turns out that in many cases API's used in procces of developing the game are exclusive only to that iOS ver (SDK,engine used)

It makes sense what you said about JB, anyway I love your comment in Forgotten Memories :D