About Love, Hate and the other ones - (by Black Pants Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009

About Love and Hate

Black Pants Studio GmbH
    * no.1 puzzler in 45 countries * * winner of the german computergames award 2012! * “a surprisingly sophisticated, cha…
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    * no.1 puzzler in 45 countries * * winner of the german computergames award 2012! * “a surprisingly sophisticated, charming game.” Jury German Computergames Award “In conclusion, About Love, Hate and the Other Ones is one of the best puzzle games in the market for portable devices of Apple.” GameOver.gr "...it provides a clever and fairly unique series of special-relation riddles that make time melt away." 148Apps “Lovingly crafted pencil crayon-like visuals. Surprisingly expressive characterizations for a game about blobs.” Gamezebo Slip into the role of Love and Hate in this fun and challenging puzzle game. Help the cute main characters to get back to their beloved hill. Master all of the 70 levels, encounter diverse other ones and find out how they respond to Love and Hate. The game features easy to learn touch controls, specifically designed for the iPhone and iPad. Lovely music and sounds, all tailor-made for the game. Features: • unique graphics • outstanding music and sounds • 80 handcrafted levels • 6 “other ones” with unique abilities • 4 different worlds to explore
    Information
    Seller:Black Pants Studio GmbH
    Genre:Adventure, Arcade, Puzzle
    Release:Oct 23, 2012
    Updated:May 06, 2023
    Version:2.0.2
    Size:55.7 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (3)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#2 Sanuku, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
    About Love, Hate and the other ones - (by Black Pants Studio)

About Love and Hate

Black Pants Studio GmbH
    * no.1 puzzler in 45 countries * * winner of the german computergames award 2012! * “a surprisingly sophisticated, cha…
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    * no.1 puzzler in 45 countries * * winner of the german computergames award 2012! * “a surprisingly sophisticated, charming game.” Jury German Computergames Award “In conclusion, About Love, Hate and the Other Ones is one of the best puzzle games in the market for portable devices of Apple.” GameOver.gr "...it provides a clever and fairly unique series of special-relation riddles that make time melt away." 148Apps “Lovingly crafted pencil crayon-like visuals. Surprisingly expressive characterizations for a game about blobs.” Gamezebo Slip into the role of Love and Hate in this fun and challenging puzzle game. Help the cute main characters to get back to their beloved hill. Master all of the 70 levels, encounter diverse other ones and find out how they respond to Love and Hate. The game features easy to learn touch controls, specifically designed for the iPhone and iPad. Lovely music and sounds, all tailor-made for the game. Features: • unique graphics • outstanding music and sounds • 80 handcrafted levels • 6 “other ones” with unique abilities • 4 different worlds to explore
    Information
    Seller:Black Pants Studio GmbH
    Genre:Adventure, Arcade, Puzzle
    Release:Oct 23, 2012
    Updated:May 06, 2023
    Version:2.0.2
    Size:55.7 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (3)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

3. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Instant Buy

4. digitalhoax

digitalhoax Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2012
    #4 digitalhoax, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
    Wow, thanks for that great gameplay video! We really appreciate it!

In addition to the teaser there is now also a trailer:

YouTube: video

@TheFrost: Thanks for getting the game, we hope you really enjoy it!

5. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Switched the Trailers so now your Launch Trailer should show up. Anything else I should add?

6. digitalhoax

Oct 21, 2012
    Thanks, that's all we have for now :)

And thanks again for your gameplay video, greatly appreciated!

7. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Damn..there's no hd version..picked up the iPhone version anyway. Nice find sanaku!

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I believe there's already a thread for this a couple of pages back. TouchArcade's been slow as **** these last few days, so I can't go back and check. :/

9. digitalhoax

Oct 21, 2012
    The HD (iPad) version is yet to come. The iPhone version is a full blown retina version with all graphics in high definition.

As we are a team of only three, it will be a couple of weeks until the iPad version, but it might just come as an update to the one available right now.

Thanks @Snozberry for downloading and playing the game, we hope you like it!

10. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Will there be a lite version?

11. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Just bought it, installing it... impressions later :)

12. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Picked this up this morning. Only a couple of early/tutorial levels in but very nice. Stuck it on my iPad by mistake so will sticknon my phone now. Universal would be great. Liked very much what I played through.

13. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Opposite of this, the trailer was funny and cute but these levels and puzzle are not as fun as I hope, still I guess it's better than buying a fake mine craft app.

14. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Game Impressions

First, the art is amazing, everything seems hand-drawn, character have a lot of animations, they seem live to me... Very good indeed. Has a lot of personality.
    Controls are as easy as tap anywhere to interact or move to the desired location and there is a button to switch characters. Easy and simple. Made for touchscreens
    Gameplay, you have to use Love and Hate to interact and move the Others around to make a path and reach the red button. Puzzle Platformer would ne the closest tag I think. So far so good although the lack of GameCenter is a minus in my book

15. digitalhoax

Oct 21, 2012
    @bramblett05 Sorry, no lite version planned as of now. It would also take at least another week to get one approved, so we will stick with our sale first as it is only .99$ / .79€ right now.

@TheFrost Looking forward to hearing your impressions!

@slamraman Thanks for playing the game, we are glad you liked it so far!

@Hambo12 Sorry you didn't like it, maybe you will find it more challenging a little later as the early stages are made so beginners get ahold of the controls and mechanics in the game. There will be more other ones with different abilities that make for more challenging and fun puzzles.

16. digitalhoax

Oct 21, 2012
    Thanks for sharing your honest oppinion! We might add Game Center later on, we had it in the game but wanted to add more than just plain "Finished level 1" - "Finished level 60" achievements so we want to spent some time to create some interesting and challenging achievements.

All of the graphics are indeed handmade as well as the sound and music.

17. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Great to hear that, looking forward to see how those achievements are... And for the music, I played it on mute :eek:

Also sent you a PM

18. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    No iPhone 5 support. :(

19. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    I always prefer platformers on the iPhone instead of iPad, but this one doesn't have virtual buttons, so I suppose that would make it better on iPad (I prefer all other games on iPad, generally). Would love to hear from the dev whether they plan to make this version universal or come out with a separate HD version.

20. digitalhoax

Oct 21, 2012
    #20 digitalhoax, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
    @saiyukialex We put great effort into supporting old devices and older iOS versions. Those will be dropped when we add iPhone 5 support. It will be added in an update later on but for the initial release we decided to support all devices and iOS versions over having the 4" support.

@lena Even though not finally decided we plan on updating the current iPhone version to support the iPad. There is quite a few things to consider, e.g. the huge size of retina iPad graphics, which will unnecessarily blow up the app size for users with older, non-retina devices. This is basically the main reason speaking for seperate versions. imho the main reason against it is that users who bought the iPhone app should not have to buy a universal app to play on their iPads, as they are the ones who supported the app from the beginning. You will however enjoy this game on the smaller iPhone/iTouch screen as the controls have been made for that screen, give it a try!