The new game from Pro Zombie Soccer and Supermagical creators: BATTLE PAIRS!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Kikekun, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Kikekun

Kikekun Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    #1 Kikekun, Feb 14, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
    [​IMG]

Hello there!

We are proud to present Battle Pairs, the new game for iOS and Android platfroms from Super Awesome Hyper Dimensional Mega Team.

Battle Pairs is an asynchronous multiplayer game (although there will be single player modes too) that takes place on a present-day fantasy land and combines the simple use of magic cards with pairs matching, resulting on an addicting and enjoyable game that you won't be able to put off easily.

Play with your friends, family or people from all over the world in pursue of the World’s Top Wizard Award, or hopefully Your Home Top Wizard Award, at the very least :)

We'll show you a gameplay video and more details very soon, but for now here are some screenshots and card examples for you to see.

Battle Pairs is coming soon on iOS and Android devices!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    No feedback? Well...We'll post a gameplay video in some weeks and also we'll look for some people in the forums who want to try out the multiplayer beta.

3. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    The graphics look really neat :)

So its a memory game? What single player modes will be included?

4. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Yeah, I was wondering the same things:
    is it like Memory, where the cards flip back if you don't make a match.
    Is this multiplayer only, or single player as well?

5. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    #5 Kikekun, Feb 16, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
    The game main mechanic is the pairs matching/memory game, but with much more awesomeness included (combos, instant bonuses, challenges, minigames...) and the pairs' jewels charge the cards. The cards then are there to be used as power-ups or attacks to the other player at any moment during the turn (there is a time limit), but you'll need to think very well which card you want to use and when.
    There will be other decision-making moments during your turn such as using your cards right away or save them for a moment and use them together with another card than can be their couple, amplifying the effect.
    When you are checking out your cards, the time stops, you can think properly which card you want to use and why.

The cards are divided on 4 classes:
    -Plain attack: They give you +X in attack.
    -Defense: They add +X to your shields.
    -Intant advantages in your turn: To reveal all the pair chips for 2 seconds, Time freezing, ...
    -Mess with the other player cards: Cards that send annoying little attacks to the other player's turn, so he looses precious seconds.

The gameplay is A LOT OF FUN in asynchronous multiplayer mode. The "Mess with the other player" cards are specially hilarious, when you send the other player little ghosts, meteor showers or other cool little attacks.

About the Single Player Modes, there will be at least two:
    - Practice Mode: As the name says, just a mode to hone your skills for the multiplayer side before entering the arena. The game will be the same as the multiplayer mode, except there won't be any rival.
    - Pairs Mode: This mode won't have any cards and it will be there for the people who just enjoys the pairs matching game. Of course this mode will have Local and Online Leaderboards.

6. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    You lost me at "hectic" unfortunately. Good luck with it, though, anything you guys make is bound to be really cool, with a level of polish few devs match on iOS.

7. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    When you are checking out your cards the time countdown stops completely, you can think properly which card you want to use and why.
    But no, this is not your usual cards game, that's true.

Thanks a lot for your words. Really appreciated!

8. cretpetpet

cretpetpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2011
    Ostia
    Nice graphic and art style, i like it.
    So how u guys planning on pricing it?

9. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    Probably there are going to be two versions of the game: One version costing 0.99$ with no ads and another one free to play with some unobtrusive ads between turns, kind of what Draw Something did.

But nothing written in stone just yet.

10. bardbarian

bardbarian Member

Jan 24, 2013
    This looks amazing, man your artist makes me feel happy inside.

11. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    Haha...I'll be happy to pass that message to her!:D It's been me until now who has been in charge of character art, but for this game we thought it was time to change a little bit and have Mar (our other artist) doing that instead of backgrounds as she did on Supermagical and Pro Zombie Soccer.

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    An RPG-ish memory pairs game? Color me intrigued and interested.

13. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    I saw pro zombie soccer in the title and almost crapped myself thinking it was part two. This looks good and will Deffienetly pick this up but I am wondering will we see a pro zombie soccer two? Part 1 is one of my top ten games I've played on this platform.

I've been waiting to ask the dev that question for years now. Lol. Absolutely loved the first.

14. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    Haha, thanks for the support, man. I'm glad you enjoyed PZS!
    I'd say right now it is not on our plans to make PZS 2 (although it was before starting Supermagical and there is a design doc with plenty of ideas), but never say never!

15. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Looks amazing!! I want to test this or something. Cant wait!

16. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    Introducing a new card: Pirate Girl!

[​IMG]

Power: She turns your enemy's perfectly good pair chips into nasty skulls that will lower his health and time counter!

17. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Hi there, will there be Supermagical 2? Anyway, it's an instant buy as I am sure u guys will ensure the game to be awesome!

18. Asstasticguy

Asstasticguy Active Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Really looking forward to this, Supermagical was amazing and I'm eagerly awaiting to see how this stacks upp to it (although I gotta say I'm not super fond of the multiplayer focus, but I'm sure you guys will still rock it!)

And its been said alot but you guys own it up in the art department! =)

19. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    Thanks a lot, guys!
    As usual, you know we'll do our best on the game's quality side. Even more now that we are publishing it ourselves for the first time in our team's history.

Supermagical, even with all the awards, Apple's selection as Best of the Year and Editor's Choice, sadly it has not been a success story for us. So making Supermagical 2 right now is not a possibility unless something changes miraculously, sorry! :(

20. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    Here's a new card for you.

This guy's lightnings can reveal at least half of the on-screen chips, giving you all the pairs he finds.

Convenient, uh?

[​IMG]