Trenches SECRET unlockable mode revealed!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ThunderGameWorks, Dec 30, 2009.

1. ThunderGameWorks

ThunderGameWorks Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2009
    [​IMG]

Many of our players have discovered the silent unlockable game mode, Zombie Attack.

You are pitted against the ruthless undead hordes of all those Jerries you killed during the campaign.

How To Unlock:

To unlock this mode, beat one of the campaigns. Then go to "skirmish" and change the game type to Zombie Mode.

Enjoy your last few minutes on earth...

TRENCHES NOW AVAILABLE ON THE APPSTORE FOR ONLY $2.99! [Click Here]

2. ThunderGameWorks

Nov 14, 2009
    We didn't expect so many people to find Zombie Mode so quickly. It seemed that within the first hour of launch, people were raving about it in the forums.

For those of who that have unlocked it, would you say it is your favorite feature?

3. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

Wow!
    Zombies rule!!!

I can't wait to unlock that!

4. Eng

Eng Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Right, you just convinced me to buy it...:D

5. UndeadZed

UndeadZed Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2009
    it is almost un-winable past a certain score but puting those zombies through the brain-grinder is so much fun

6. ThunderGameWorks

Nov 14, 2009
    Come on, if you have ever played Left4Dead, then you know that survivors always get pwned. ;)

7. Blackucard

Blackucard Active Member

Dec 28, 2009
    that is true

8. Sixxes

Sixxes Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Yeah, but were the survivors a highly trained team of military operatives with the ability to call down more freinds with destructive power at almost any instant? I think not.

9. Vingdoloras

Vingdoloras Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Nope. If you set up a good defense (You will need loads of machineguns and mortars. Place all units [machineguns and normal squads, dont use snipers because zombies die too fast] in the same trench, but place the mortars a bit in front of the trench. If you have enough machineguns and normal gunners, the zombies wont touch the mortars. Placing the mortars at the front line makes sure that they will always shoot => maximized damage) then you will be able to reach score 4000. If you reach 4000, plug in your iDevice, place it somewhere and do something for your reallife (dont quit the app!!!).
    The laggs (you will notice them after 2000 points, zombies split up into 2 groups, one group walks for a second, then it stops and the other group walks...) will cause a crash somewhere between 7000 and 8000 points (no, after 4000 points your defense is good enough so you dont need more units... Trust me, just put your device to the side and come back 15 minutes later)

I hope at least the laggs will be fixed...

10. ThunderGameWorks

Nov 14, 2009
    Yes, you will see that the lags have been addressed in the update and the zombie mode greatly enhanced.

11. Vingdoloras

Vingdoloras Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Nice :D

Maybe my way of talking about your game sounds a bit hard... But thats the way I talk about games :D

Your game indeed is a great one, but it has some starting problems (mainly laggs) that need to be foxed AND it needs some more features / depth...

12. Mr. Crazy

Mr. Crazy Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    Cool! You should add a secret achievement and you get it for finding zombie mode.

13. ThunderGameWorks

Nov 14, 2009
    Actually, if you look in OpenFeint under 'Achievements', you may find something there. ;)

14. xdanleex

xdanleex Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Procrastinating
    LA,CA
    POWNED! anyway... should i buy this game??? ill play after i get my itouch from my friends house.... tempting... anyone know the pros and cons?

15. ThunderGameWorks

Nov 14, 2009
    Here is the iTunes Link: http://bit.ly/6kuiwM

You should read the reviews. There are both positives and negatives listed and they should greatly help you make a decision.

But personally, I say 'just buy it.'

16. mek

mek Well-Known Member

yeah i noticed after 4000 points the zombies couldn't advance with the amount of men i had...so i took on the task of advancing forward to win the round...the only way possible was by airstrike followed by small advancements until you reach the other side...

still good fun

17. ThunderGameWorks

Nov 14, 2009
    Zombie Mode has been updated today to fix the lag issues.

Also we added how to unlock the mode in the description. Not so secret anymore. :)

18. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

do the zombies have in-game voices?

19. ThunderGameWorks

Nov 14, 2009
    Well, yes, kinda... mostly consists of gargles and moans. ;)

20. Jordanrracer

Jordanrracer Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2009
    Currently -Nothing-
    New York
    LOL was I suppose to reach the end killing all zombies??? Because I was killing em for an hour and didn't know how to win because they kept coming so I just exited out of the game and played reg skirmish again lol.