Better than Apple TV remote

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by willzeng, Jan 6, 2013.

1. The link first:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDkzMTk2Njcy.html

The video above is about my pending patent, which is in the final phase now, so I cut a new video to advertise it. (The website is no English, but the video has English subtitles.)

It's about a new type TV remote. I think it's better than Apple TV or any other TV's user experience. There is NO button. You can dial a channel number directly, quick and smooth. Your eyes never need to watch your hand or the remote. Indeed you'll feel even better when you use the remote yourself.

I should put the video on YouTube, but for the why-google-left-China problem, it's very inconvenient to access sites like that. If you think the remote is good, you may help me to spread it. Thanks!

btw: I only applied a patent in China. Other regions are free to use it. Probably that kind of TV will quickly get into market if you help spread it:)

2. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Nice idea. If it was a sensor that was installed in something like an armrest of a chair, that would be pretty awesome.

Only problem I see is the hassle of going to the channel dialing function, as it is used often by people that have many channels on their TV.

3. The hassle is not a problem. It's just a demo and I want to do it cool:)

I think volume up/down and channel up/down functions are more frequently used, so they have top level access. Dialing a channel is just one level below. Anyway, it's easier to access than what done by other remotes, with which you have to look at your hand or take more steps.