Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Wow, according to DV Wiki this dragon has been out for a couple of days. Not sure how I missed it.

2. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yeah, they are relatively easy to breed. I have two of them. Used Magnetic/Metal in both cases.
    Best thing about copper is its earnig capacity compared to other metals..

3. AndyPandy26

AndyPandy26 Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Courier
    Wigan, UK
    It is definitely Crystal / Lichen for this Emerald isn't it? I sped up about 20 fails again today and still nothing! Two more 14's in the caves now. I had almost 400 gems before this, now only 118 left. Getting quite close to the deadline too!

4. LBryanDLC

LBryanDLC Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Still no Emerald luck here. Constant Emerald fails, and I don't have any friends so I can't speed many of them up as I don't have the gems to do it.

5. eugekava

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yes, it is the right combo. Keep trying. Good luck, mate.

6. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Ohh...:( what's your GC ID, Im sure some of us forum members can befriend you and even send you a gem now and then ;)

7. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hmm....really feel for you Andy :(
    Let's hope BS let the deadline run over to allow a full month on this one.....worst part is not knowing what they will do until it happens....
    You are no doubt sick of us saying to keep trying (like this is already what you are doing).....so best I can do is to let you know you are due for a gem from me as soon as my tree releases them....sorry I can't do more to help you Andy

8. apple-byte

apple-byte Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Germany
    some advices:
    - be patient
    - don't spend gems on dragons who are not limited
    - spend only gems before you go to bed to start a new try, if the rest time will end during the night
    - so you can save your gems over days / weeks and have them when you really need them (if a limited one will leave soon)

check out the dragonvale wikia once a week for new dragons

9. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Keep trying Andy It took 5 days for me to get one in the EBC cave Of speed ups and I just got my second in the EBC cave this morning after using both caves and many trys.I would gladly give you one of my two we can not breed them. They need to let us send dragons.Fingers crossed For everyone who does not have even one Emerald dragon.

10. LBryanDLC

LBryanDLC Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    My GC ID is LBcat05.

Sigh, I have a Crystal egg incubating, going to hatch it and try with a new Crystal. I do wish they'd give us more time on the emerald. If they are going to give us a full month on the other gem dragons, it would only be fair as we haven't had a full month with this one.

11. Yasha65

Yasha65 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Sent you a request. :) Got a gem slot for you. Good emerald (and other gem dragon) luck!

12. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Me too. Hanging it up on the Emerald now that I have 1 hatched-- was trying for two but the fails are too painful. Got another 48. (sorry to whine) Hope they give us a full 31 days to get the Emerald.. to be fair to you poor guys still trying.
    Trying for Copper now - Magnetic/Metal but no luck yet. Not sure what combo to try next?

13. Flip1329

Flip1329 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Hey all! It has been a busy weekend! Wanted to share the comboi used for copper, lightning/ magnetic both level 11 in the EBI. Also got a second emerald with the same pair as first but reversed the order. I am sending out emerald vibes for all still trying!

14. eugekava

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I got my coppers with magnetic/metal. Funny thing is, I put magnetic/water few minutes ago in my breeding cave and got 20 hr wait. Weird.
    Magnetic/ metal should give better result, I think.

15. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    I got my Copper with Lightning/Metal combo. Tried Metal/Ligtning first and got a Magnetic.

Took a week off after getting my first Emerald and then decided to go for a second one. Got a 48hr but am hoping it is a Rainbow:) Good luck to everyone still trying for their first, hopefully we will know soon if it will be around for 31 days. Seems only fair since it is so hard to get and the failures can have such long wait times.

16. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Sending you a friends request......next round of gem gifting (one has your name on it) ahh, I just used both new crystal and lichen, fed them to lvls 10, another 48 hrs...

17. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Just got Enerald #5!!! I turned Emerald #4 into an egg display. So with 5 I'll have one in each section of Gem Island.

Sorry to hear about you guys having so much trouble. It took me awhile to get the first but once I did the others came pretty easily.

18. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    #4498 Jazbodooley, May 29, 2012
    Last edited: May 29, 2012
    48hrs..... YUCK!!! Or words to that effect....:p

one of mine was a moon so I'll display that egg, don't know what the other one is yet. Really want to see that 31 hr timer again but just got another 14 hr fail:( sped that one up, 24 hour fail - I give up!!
    Tick tock tick tock......

19. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    damn you emerald dragon

20. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Yay! Copper on the way with Metal/Lightning. Thanks for the ideas, guys! Tried Magnetic and Sonic, each with Metal.. plus a few others I've forgotten.. and the simplest combo ended up winning, er, this time.. wish it wasn't a 20 hr wait :( I've become impatient lately. Could it be all the 48 & 24 hr Emerald burns?!?

Sorry to hear you're still waiting too, allanon. :(