Pls help me remember a series of books from 30 years ago.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Papa Deuce, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    Might even be be more.... and my mind is addled, as I can't really describe the series, but here goes, as I recall it:

It was a series of several books. None were all that big. I can remember that one of the books dealt with the Grim Reaper. I think the others dealt with various things like pestilence and greed.... but then again, I could be off my rocker.

I remember enjoying them, and think my teens might, but for the life of me, I can not remember more than what I just typed.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Doesn't ring any real bells the only books I can think off I read featuring the grim reaper were the discworld books (mort etc) and I do recall a more recent one with banshees etc called soul screamers although I probably shouldn't admit to reading that one.

Best I can do is give you this link and hopefully you spot it in one of the lists.

3. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Do you remember if it was Sci Fi or not? I seem to remember the Ringworld books had some of those themes - can't remember if those were similar or the same as the Discworld books...

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Maybe Piers Anthony's Incarnations of Immortality http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarnations_of_Immortality series? On a Pale Horse, the first book, is about a man who accidentally kills Death and has to replace him. The second one was about the personification of Time. They came out around 1984, which fits your timeline.

5. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Yes, it definitely sounds like the Piers Anthony series, includes death, fate, time, god, the devil. I think there were seven books altogether.

6. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    That is it. TYVM!