Looking For Opinion On This Character

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by adhicl, Sep 10, 2014.

1. adhicl

adhicl Member

Apr 11, 2014
    Hi all, I need some outside opinion.
    This is one of the characters for our work in progress,
    [​IMG]
    The game is a tower defense game for mobile device. We are trying to target Europe and United States with this game. What do you think? Do you think this can fit with their preference?
    Any feedback is welcome and don't be shy to criticize it. :eek:

2. bhavukjain1

bhavukjain1 Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Make its hands with the machine guns or some flame thrower. Will look cool.

3. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Looks cool kinda reminds me of the crash series for ps1 and ps2

4. davilca

davilca Active Member

Aug 17, 2014
    It's difficult to say anything if we don't see the rest of the characters, or if you don't tell us anything about the game, the story, etc. Obviously, not everyone will like this kind of graphics. You should make the graphics you want/can for your game, and don't depend on external opinions. I think that nowadays people value gameplay and content over visuals (in the mobile ecosystem).

5. adhicl

adhicl Member

Apr 11, 2014
    may be for the other monsters :)

is it? :confused:

These are currrent characters with the trial background we are planning.
    [​IMG]

The setting is at the underworld type of environment. So we try to create strange beings from current mythology creatures. The characters are actually for cyclops, imp, and goblin.
    The gameplay is similar to Samurai vs Zombie, player will collect resources and then summon the monsters to beat down enemy's totem.

I am not really sure. People tend to look at the visual first before trying to play. So we are trying to make people attracted from the visual first then hopefully hooked up to the gameplay. That is why we are searching for inputs.

6. davilca

davilca Active Member

Aug 17, 2014
    To me, the image with the 3 characters looks good and homogeneous.

What I mean in my previous message is that, when there are a lot of games with similar graphics, people usually look at gameplay and content in order to decide. When there a lot of games with similar gameplay and content, people look for graphics. So, maybe the best decision for your any dev team is to make unique and original gameplay and graphics.

But, again, I think it has been demonstrated that you don't need good visuals to get featured or go viral in the App Store.

7. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    He reminds me a lot of igniter from the Skylanders. That's just what jumped into my head at first glance. He looks fun and like he would kick arse.

8. adhicl

adhicl Member

Apr 11, 2014
    Oh I see. That is true. Going viral is always a mystery to me. Have a good idea how? :p

Now that you mention it. Thank you for the info.

9. IanParks

IanParks Member

Sep 19, 2014
    They look brilliant animating all together!

I'm personally not a fan of one-eye character because it looks frightening rather than charming, but it's just my personal taste.

10. Badim

Badim Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    http://theelitegames.net
    Russia
    Second that. More over - it's scary how they have holes in their mouths.