Gang$tar Preview Thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by hazmat95, Jul 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hazmat95

hazmat95 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    #1 hazmat95, Jul 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2009
  2. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    I was going to wait until Christmas to get this, but I figure I should just get it right away. It's going to win.

3. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Shweeeeeeeeeeet. Hope it comes out in August

4. CaseyLay

Jul 13, 2009
    #5 CaseyLay, Jul 22, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
    The radio station idea is just too good. And the controls sound perfect, like that of the past Gameloft games I have played. Now that we know it's stable and lives up to above the acceptable standard, I wonder what other goodies this game will contain.

5. astrosaurus

astrosaurus Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Designer/Blogger
    Portland, OR
    I'm still a little worried that they're going to try and do "too much" for an iPhone game. I'd rather have a super simple game that works than a huge bloated game that might handle kinda poorly and looks a little funky. Looking forwar to seeing some preview video of it though.

6. YungAssassin_BHB

YungAssassin_BHB Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    this game is going 2 be fun

7. yournothere

yournothere Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    the game looks really good. i just hope it doesnt have too little content.

8. ipodrocks123

ipodrocks123 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    i want this game so bad i hope it's not a huge file and i hope that it wont be more than $10

9. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

It's probably worth more than $10/£5.99

10. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    your only willing to pay 10 dollars max for a game that is near the quality of the real GTA on the PSP(based on IGN). I can't understand why some people who wants this type of quality of apps but don't want to pay more than ten dollars. If Gameloft port this to other consoles they could easy get 20 dollars or even 30 dollars. This is the kind of mentality that will stop the iDevice from reaching a full fledge gaming device. No offense intended in the writing of this post

11. Crimsonpaw

Crimsonpaw Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    I'll wait for reviews and impressions first. I've lost some good money betting on hype and I'd rather wait and see if it's the "read deal". It looks good, and I hope like hell that it will be the GTA clone that we all want it to be, but I'm still not sold that the GTA experience can be had on this device. I'm more that willing to be proven wrong on that though!

12. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
  13. adbjmb

adbjmb Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Video gameplay looks great. I think cjs is in big trouble.

14. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

yep! and payback, too!

15. ipodrocks123

Jul 19, 2009
    i know i could see it maybe be $20-$30 crazey..

16. ipodrocks123

Jul 19, 2009
    i say $10 becaus thats all i have the moment i would buy it in a heartbeat for $20 ...$30 maybe.

17. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

That's been out months and has already made the majority of the money its ever going to, especially as they had it at $0.99 for ages. Thats unless they make it free!

As for Gangstar, it looks good so far. Not too sure about the shooting mechanics - bit too simplistic maybe? The story sounds pretty lame, and the focus on killing seems a bit odd, but overall seems like a top quality game from gameloft.

18. CaseyLay

Jul 13, 2009
    #19 CaseyLay, Jul 22, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
    It's most likely going to be like Brothers In Arms. That was a Gameloft third person shooter with auto-aim. It's an awesome game though. I'd still recommend it today.

O rly? I think it's perfect for the game. Poor people always dream of being rich. It's a common psychology. Man always wants what he doesn't have. The exact psychology behind hard work or crime. Not always, but mostly always, committing crime comes from the desire to obtain wealth and riches. If one can't get a job, and is too proud to beg, he will sooner or later live the life of crime. Don't believe me? Go to Flint Michigan, and you'll see what I mean. The character you play and his friend P. Thug share a dream that people in their class can all relate to.

Have you ever played a sandbox crime game before? If you have, you'd know how fun and addictive it is to kill on those. Or maybe you have and it just isn't your thing.

AMEN TO DAT BRUDDA!
    My only complaint so far is that it probably won't have motorcycles/bicycles.

19. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

1. Controls. Watch the vid and read both previews. The shooting is tap to lock-on to a target, then tap a buton to fire. It'll work, but it will be boring and repetive.
    2. Story. Come off it, the story ain't exactly the next Godfather. Its ok, but not good - more of a sub-par gangster movie. Most GTA's are not that much better, but they have the humour to carry it. This looks like it doesn't.
    3. Killing. Normally there is less of a focus on killing outside of main story missions. Sure in most you can kill anyone (Scarface being an exception), but you can also do lots of other stuff too to earn money such as drugs, property and prostituion.

BTW, calm down. I'm just saying there are some things I'm not sure about - there's still plenty I do like!