2D Asset Artist/Animator Looking For Work

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by RenaissanceBoy, Mar 16, 2011.

1. RenaissanceBoy

Mar 16, 2011
    #1 RenaissanceBoy, Mar 16, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
    If you're looking for an artist to work on revenue share, pro bono, % of profits, or whatever else you wish to call it, I must kindly ask that you look elsewhere, at this time.

Hi everyone. It's been a while since I've bumped my posts. Things have changed a bit, and some new services added, so I figured I'd make an overhauled post.

Let me go ahead and introduce myself for those who haven't seen my post before:

My name is Brian McDonaugh, and I am a freelance asset artist and animator, who, as of recent, tends to specialize more in the mobile app development market. I'm a recent graduate of Savannah College of Art and Design where I majored in game development. I LOVE what I do, and I'm always looking for new opportunities to establish good business relationships.

My temporary website is here at http://www.brianmcdonaugh.com
    My email is [email protected]
    (I'm often very busy, and thus, do not usually respond to messages or PMs in any manner that is considered quick, so please email me if you wish to converse with me)

I specialize in 2D concept work, asset art, and animation. I pride myself on being extremely versatile in my art styles, as well as quite proficient in style mimic-ry (if you already have conceptual work and assets done by another artist. Do not take this as a go ahead to ask me to copy said game thats already released pixel for pixel.) Utilizing my creativity, I seek to provide those who choose to work with me with art and assets that have that little bit of flare and humor that makes them stand out from the competition in a positive manner.

*NEW* Another service I now offer is game development consulting. My time at SCAD has provided me with experiences in all aspects of game development, from coding, to art, and even production and management. While I don't offer coding services, I've been art director on multiple projects, as well as leading teams of up to 25 people during my college career. I'm also quite often an aesthetics consultant on most of the projects that I've worked on for clients even post-employment. If you are looking to add some spice to your game using your current artists, are looking to find ways to reduce costs in your production pipeline, need assistance in pushing your game's design, or are just looking to figure out ways to make that deadline, I'm also here for you. (Rates for consultation are not the same as my rates for art and assets.)

Software I'm very proficient in: Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash,
    Software I'm relatively proficient in: Maya
    Software I'm familiar with: After Effects, ZBrush, Unreal Development Kit, 3D Studio Max, Dreamweaver, Multimedia Fusion 2

Coding Languages I'm familiar with: ActionScript 3, C++, Python. (Yes, programmers, you don't have to worry about me being completely ignorant to your pain )

Hope this wasn't too TL;DR. I consider myself a fun guy with a very wild imagination, so if you're looking to spice your game up in ways that you didn't think possible, feel free to contact me

Regards,
    Brian McDonaugh (Renaissance Boy)

2. Devster3

Devster3 Active Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Send me an email Brian, [email protected]
    Private iphone game design company
    Doodware llc

3. RenaissanceBoy

Mar 16, 2011
  4. thisissudoku

thisissudoku Active Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Hey Brian, I just wanted to pass by to thank you for your fantastic work. I really appreciate your effort.
    Also, I'd like to share with everyone who is reading this thread that I had the pleasure to work with him for the next release of my game and I can assure you that all he says in this thread is truth... and more.
    You just need to tell him how would you like your game looks like and he simply takes care of the rest in an absolute transparent process for you, the customer.
    He's got customer management, responsability, a competitive fee, great feedback management and the best of all I think is the artwork he is able to create. Simply awesome!

I'm looking forward to the next project together Brian!
    Thank you very much.

5. RenaissanceBoy

Mar 16, 2011
    Bump. Ready for next round of clients. :)

6. RenaissanceBoy

Mar 16, 2011
    Still have about another 20 hours to fill. Let's make some dreams happen! Bump!

7. RenaissanceBoy

Mar 16, 2011
    Bump for the week of 5/8/11.

8. jlach

jlach Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Sr. Applications Engineer.
    Middletown, CT
    I tried to find a list of good cliché things I could say about Brian but my googlefu failed me :( I guess I'll have to do this on my own.

Brian's been awesome to work with on Patchwork Battle. I wanted to go with a "unique style" for Patchwork. Brian was able to take "unique" and turn it into where we are today. He's never short on new ideas to make the style even more unique, but is always very open and receptive to my vision.

His pricing is very competitive and the amount of time he's spent me so far is pretty amazing. He's been working with me a daily basis to make sure all the sprites work perfectly in the game. If changes need to be made, he's there to make them.. no questions asked.

Oh yeah! His art... What he did for Patchwork Battle is pretty beautiful. I don't think I could be happier with how the sprites turned out. I'm pretty stoked to see what he comes up with for backgrounds and GUI work. You can see what he's done for me so far over at the Patchwork Battle thread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=90900

9. RenaissanceBoy

Mar 16, 2011
    It appears that edits do not bump, so... bump :)

10. Vetasoft

Vetasoft Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2010
    I bump for you this time :)

Really nice work !

11. RenaissanceBoy

Mar 16, 2011
    Just finished my largest pixel art project to date. Hopefully I'll be able to post the best of that soon. Anyways. BUMP!

12. RenaissanceBoy

Mar 16, 2011
  13. RenaissanceBoy

Mar 16, 2011
    bump to fill up the rest of this week.

14. RenaissanceBoy

Mar 16, 2011
  15. RenaissanceBoy

Mar 16, 2011
  16. RenaissanceBoy

Mar 16, 2011
  17. RenaissanceBoy

Mar 16, 2011
  18. RenaissanceBoy

Mar 16, 2011
    I now have a new portfolio website! (It's a real website, not a blog! Hooray!)

Now taking clients, so please feel free to check it out. :)

19. RenaissanceBoy

Mar 16, 2011
    My bad on posting on this one. Forum mods, please feel free to remove this thread. I'll be using the other, more up to date one.