iPhone iQuarterback 2 coming May 19th!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Drjest, May 16, 2011.

1. Drjest

Drjest Active Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Game Maker at Fuzzycube
    McKinney, TX
    iQuarterback 2 is finally being released in the Appstore on Thursday, May 19th.

[​IMG]

iQuarterback 2 lets you take your football career to a whole new level. Whether you’re throwing footballs in the snow at moving targets or trying to power-up to achieve the highest score. With the all new Fame, you will have more control over the outcome and look of the game than ever before. Unlock interesting items like mascot heads, snow balls and different environments, such as an air hockey table. Level up your quarterback in two different game play modes, Shoot Out or Accuracy, and see how you stack up against the best of the best. Battle between your friends through the Game Center achievements and high scores.

[​IMG]

Day 1 this is iPad only but will become Universal in a future update.

[​IMG]

Thanks for reading this far, here is a promo code:

MNAXRLPJN9TA

2. MarkusN

MarkusN Active Member

Jul 26, 2009
    This looks amazing! Like the idea of leveling up the character.

3. Acceleroto

Acceleroto Well-Known Member

Looks awesome. I love the snow covered field. That triple-throw powerup should help my bad aim. Can't wait!

4. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Code has been used.:(

Looks fantastic, what is the throwing mechanic? flick?

5. Drjest

Drjest Active Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Game Maker at Fuzzycube
    McKinney, TX
    Thanks for the feedback!

The throwing mechanic is direct touch. Lots of iterations of flick, swipe, and slingshot were tried with direct touch being the simplest and most fun way to play. That being said, we might have to change that control for the iPhone version. Direct touch might cover too much of the screen.

6. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Yep, I got the code, been trying it out, lots of fun so far, I'm level 18 already :)

7. Drjest

Drjest Active Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Game Maker at Fuzzycube
    McKinney, TX
    Woah, slow down there Mister. :) Max Level is 85 and your score scales with your level. The one achievement, Mayor of Kaboom Town, probably requires 30+ in level.

Mayor of Kaboom Town: Score 1million points with one throw.

8. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Received a code...thank you.

Played a few games and it is absolutely fantastic. The touch controls are perfect and it is really different from all of my other sports games.

Graphics are nice and crisp and I love being able to level up. I think you have a hit here.

9. Harpgliss

Harpgliss Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Here No More
    Hi,

Very nice looking game there, like the idea of the hats and different balls you can throw.

The screenshot of the player with the bear hat posing to throw the soccer ball is great and the differing weather conditions look to put a nice spin on things.

Looks very polished and nice to see you have plans to make it universal.

Good luck with the game as it looks, by the posts above, like you may have a very successful game here.

David

10. Drjest

Drjest Active Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Game Maker at Fuzzycube
    McKinney, TX
    Thanks, in the first version you can throw footballs, soccer balls (the other football), basketballs, and snowballs.

The head gear ranges from helmet, Bear mascot head, Roman helmet, BigBoy type blowup head, and Cowboy hat.

The stadiums are Summertime, Nighttime, Wintertime, and.... Air Hockey Table.

Each item will buff your ability to score higher. Which combo you find to be the best is up to you and your play style.

[​IMG]

11. Rocketball

Rocketball Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Looks like a lot of fun, definitely looking forward to getting this and trying it out!

12. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Any video?

13. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I got a sneak peek as well and the game is a blast!

The game offers two modes of play, Shoot Out and Accuracy.

Shoot Out is all about having your QB tossing the ball down the field to knock over moving targets. Mixed in with the standard targets will be targets that, once hit, will activate special modes (big ball, tri-shot, extra time, etc.). Knock down as many targets as you can before time runs out. Receive bonus points based on quickly hitting targets and targets you hit in succession without a miss.

Accuracy takes the gameplay of Shoot Out but turns it a bit more into a Wack-A-Mole experience with stationary targets popping up briefly before coming back down. Just as above some targets activate special power-ups and bonuses are granted for streaks of hits without a miss. Again, it is all about how many targets you can hit before time runs out.

In both game modes you start with a minute on the clock with bonus time granted by hitting stop watch targets in the game as well as your own supply of 10 stop watches right there by the bottom of the screen (a pretty tricky deal since, while adding time is always a great thing, it requires you to take your attention off the field of targets for a fraction of a second to get the extra time).

Also, every time you play your QB is earning experience and fame. This experience translates into experience levels that, while not really having a direct effect on your player, it dictates which hats, balls, and fields you have access to. Fame is this game's form of currency which you can earn on your own from play or pay real cash for IAPs that will boost it for you.

So, you must be asking, what about all of the silly hats, balls, and various fields? More than just making your QB look like an idiot (chucking soccer balls in an ice rink with a bear's head on), they actually serve a purpose in the game! While always completely optional, donning a silly hat, using an odd ball, or playing in a weird field will influence the odds of certain power-up targets spawning in the game. The hats, balls, and fields you have access to is based on your character level (the higher your character level, the more options you'll have to choose from). So far all of the options I've seen cost 100 fame each and, at least at this point, without power-ups I can earn about 60-100 fame per game.

Do you spend 300 fame with your favorite combination of hat, ball, and field to really boost the chance of your favorite power-ups appearing or do you just play naked and cheaply? It's all your call.

14. meat

meat Member

Thanks for the write up LordGek! You also get higher scores per target as you level up your quarterback.

15. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Ohhh! Okay, thanks for the clarification.

Okay, a few questions to those who know, what is the significance of the green targets and the red stop sign like ones?

16. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Green targets give you a huge boost to your bonus meter in the upper right. The "Steak Bonus".

I've avoided the red stop sign ones, I assume they give you nothing and are just suppose to be an obstacle.

17. Drjest

Drjest Active Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Game Maker at Fuzzycube
    McKinney, TX
    Here is a brief rundown on the targets.

The Fast Target gives you a leg up on refilling the Streak Meter.

The Stop Sign blocks you from hitting other targets and resets your Streak.

The Bomb target blows up everything and then some. It will also give you bullseye points for every target.

The 3 Ball target activates the 3 Ball Buff. Hitting with one of the three balls keeps your Streak alive.

The Big Ball target gives you... well, big balls. Makes it very easy to hit the bullseyes.

The Clock target gives you +3 seconds to the clock.

Hitting a buff target gives you 10secs of the buff, and hitting the same buff target will add 10 seconds to the buff.

Bullseyes give you 2x score. Refilling the Streak Meter grows a bonus that can make your score take off.

[​IMG]

18. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Wait, so the streak isn't so much for making successful hits in a row as just rapidly hitting targets as you avoid blockers?

Is the streak draining over time or by how many times I miss?

19. Drjest

Drjest Active Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Game Maker at Fuzzycube
    McKinney, TX
    The streak is all about how many you can hit in a row. Once you fill up the meter, you reach another bonus level (2x,3x,4x,etc). Staying in the streak means you fill the meter faster and faster.

Missing will reset the Meter to 0, but keep you at the bonus level.

The Fast green target fills the meter up many times faster than any other target, getting you to the next bonus faster.

As you level in xp and get good at maintaining a streak, you will eventually be able to earn the achievement Mayor of Kaboom Town (1mil points in one throw).

20. Drjest

Drjest Active Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Game Maker at Fuzzycube
    McKinney, TX
    Promo code Bonanza!!

RRKJX67LFJEE
    9HRJYJ63TA34
    MKXLE39F3JA3
    FK3PMY9YFREL
    ETRRFAPN99LR
    HE4NY7XJPYTK