What's the average file size of your games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by smegly, Sep 8, 2012.

1. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    #1 smegly, Sep 8, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
    I was wondering what the average is for most people. I have 30 games on my phone at the moment and the total size of the library is 4.9622 gigabytes. Therefore, the average game size is 165.4 megabytes. Also, the midpoint between the 15th and 16th biggest games is almost exactly 50 megabytes.

I'm sure I'd have gotten a much different number in the past, considering I've cleaned out a lot of stuff I got tired of in the past and I currently only have three games over 500 megabytes on my device.

2. 724 apps on my new ipad 64 gb

Of course, 64 gb means 57 gb in reality, so that's what,

57 gb / 724 = 78 mb

But this is not really fair cause most of my big apps I don't have on my ipad saving space. These include games that have icloud. Also, have a lot of small apps like video apps, apptrackers, photo, and entertainment files that are very small.

I consider any app over 250 mb to be big. Have lots of games close to 2 gb, but most are waiting their turn for me to get to right now.

3. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Nearly 10,000 on my PC. Throw in older .ipa's, and I think I'm at around half a terrabyte. Mind ya, I have a lot of photography, music, and productivity apps as well.

On my phone, after my most recent bi-weekly deletapalooza, I'm down to an average installed size of (guessing here) 40 megs+data.

4. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    ...and some games start off small, until they get bloated with updates. My second largest installed game at the moment is Invader Hunters, and I think it's grown 200 megs since I installed it. Actually, it might be the largest...that or the Cthulu board game. I just reinstalled Mos Speedeun to bring that average down :)

5. DempseyRoll

DempseyRoll Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2012
    my average game size was 800mb i think.. i have 10 games that has over 1gb and some other below 400mb