Chillingos Vampire origins

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by anonymous, Mar 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anonymous

anonymous Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    skater
    US
    #1 anonymous, Mar 28, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
    see attachement for a pic but there is no aditionnal detail on this game its just some on said that it might be idracula 2
    Now the official link when you click on the image of chillingos vampire origins!!

Attached Files:

2. nuggetsman28

nuggetsman28 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    charlotte
    cool but i noticed you live in canada and yet you ask for a snowboard promo code? why?

3. iPodTouchApplication

iPodTouchApplication Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Do they make promo codes for people outside of the u.s. or are there only u.s. promo codes??????????

4. anonymous

Mar 28, 2009
    skater
    US
    because i was living in the us and i came to canada a few weeks ago and i didnt want to change my itunes account

5. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Ok whatever back on the subject. I heard that it's going to be a trilogy. Some people think that it's going to be kind of like iDracula with a storyline. No one's really sure about how this game's going to turn out, but it looks interesting enough.

6. 8bitgeorge

8bitgeorge Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Student
    Mexico
    I hope it's a sequel, just for the fact that they ditch the horrible horrible name of iDracula. Like seriously? iSeriously? (See what I did there, har har)

7. inferi22

inferi22 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Anyone no if it's the same dev

8. anonymous

Mar 28, 2009
    skater
    US
    well there arent many details but if it is by the same dev its probably a good one

9. inferi22

inferi22 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    I no maybe someone could check dev site

10. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Would it kill you to type in an extra "k" and "w"? You're saving yourself 2 milliseconds by typing "no". ARGH! You make me wanna crumple my keyboard into a little wad. ... if I could do that I'd be much more respected... sorry, anyways, mild OCD.

So so far we have an icon and speculation. How do you speculate on an icon? "Yes, well, this icon obviously means that a franchise will rise from the dust of the AppStore and take over the gaming industry as we know it." How do you derive info from a picture like this?!

11. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

iDracula was developed by Moregames and published by Chillingo.

I can't find any reference to Vampire Origins on the Moregames iPhone site (link).

The only other info I found was this snippet in the PocketGamer article about Chillingo's new games:
    I think this might be a different series of games altogether. :confused:

12. Chillingo

Chillingo Well-Known Member

Vampire Origins

Just spotted this thread -- we can confirm that this game trilogy is not connected to iDracula.

Vampire Origins is a definitive vampire slayer game – a horror trilogy – 3 unique tense point-and-click adventure games comprising beautiful pre-rendered environments and characters. The first game entitled ‘Vampire Origins’ to be followed up by ‘Curse of the Vampire’ and ‘Return of the Nosferatu’ (working titles).

13. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Chillingo has spoken. Nothing to do with iDracula...wonder if that's good news or bad news.

14. ajd90

ajd90 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Yorkshire, UK
    Admittedly, I know very little about point and click games; will the game contain action such as the slaying of vampires? Sorry for the vague question but I have no idea about how action in a point and click game would work! Definitely looking forward to it though!

Btw, what is the final game that has yet to be announced on your 'coming soon' on the webpage? ;)

15. co0087

co0087 Active Member

Mar 5, 2009
    ur mom
    on the couch
    what do you think it will be?:
    action
    role playing fps
    cards
    or plain stupid

16. Kris Jones

Kris Jones Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Producer/Publisher/Designer of Mobile Games
    America
    Ummm... Chillingo already commented on this.

It would be a point-and-click adventure. An example of this is Gabriel Knight

I think Chillingo is making a smart move by doing this.

17. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    #17 CDubby94, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
    iDracula with a story line? Sounds like an interesting idea. And a chance for them to get rid of that God awful name of iDracula. Start fresh and create a new iDracula with same great gameplay, better name, and a story line? I'm sold.

Edit: Never mind everything above. I just read it has nothing to do with iDracula. Sorry about that. Either way, I'm intrigued by it I'll give it a shot when it comes out.

18. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    mild my ass

lets see if you can survive my lack of capitalizashun spellin and punxuashun

19. pennydreadful

pennydreadful Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    "Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers" was the first computer game I ever played and got me hooked on the point and click genre. If Dracula Origins is going to be an adventure game, then I'm eager, willing, ready to put my hard-earned cash to Chillingo's pocket. While I appreciate the lovely graphics of IDracula, it really isn't my sort of game. I agree with you, the there is an vast untapped market for adventure games within the app store.

20. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009