Rise of Lost Empires or Wolf RPG?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Trogador, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Trogador

Trogador Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    Been interested in them both for a while now and seeing how they are both on sale at 2.99 I figured I'd buy one of them. Only problem is, I can't seem to find an in-depth review of either so I don't know which is better for money.

2. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Wolf RPG. One of EA's best games ever.

3. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
  4. yournothere

yournothere Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    I totally regret buying rise of lost empires. I love wolf rpg. so get that! XD

5. The_Running_Man

The_Running_Man Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    You NEED Wolf RPG

6. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    wolf rpg

but you can try the lite for RoLE to satisfy your curiosity

7. ripofra

ripofra Well-Known Member

I haven't tried Wolf RPG but ROLE is awesome. 20 levels, good story, you can play as orcs or empire. One of the most underrated games.

8. kingkong120

kingkong120 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Hm I have both but it depends on what you like. For the witty humor and turn-based system, then you should go for Wolf RPG, but if you like a more RTS feel, go for ROLE. I personally enjoyed Wolf RPG more, but ROLE was good as well.

9. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Yeah, I agree with this. The main problems with RoLE are that it's too short and easy, doesn't have free play (other than replaying the same once you've unlocked them), and doesn't have multiplayer. You can finish the game in probably 3-4 hours (I haven't finished yet, but I've only played for maybe an hour and am already 25% done). Wolfenstein RPG is slightly repetitive and also suffers from some of the same issues (short (I think - can't really tell actually) and no multiplayer), but somehow it feels like there's more to it - maybe because the areas/chapters take longer to finish. It also has multiple difficulty levels, so you could play it again once you finish it. And of course there are the two mini games, one of which you get to kick chickens... :)

10. Trogador

May 17, 2009
    Never mind guys, ROLE just went down to .99! Now I can get both!

...But looking at the app store, I have another question :(

Wolf RPG, or Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor?

Sorry, but after seeing a review of it, it seems pretty interesting but repetitive. What did you guys think of it?

Thanks again :)

11. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Spider!!!!
    One of the perfect games in the App Store

12. Trogador

May 17, 2009
    How? To be perfectly honest I don't see why it's so hyped. Just seems like getting bugs, moving on to the next level, repeat. :confused: