★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Would you be more likely to buy a game that has more updates?

View Poll Results: Would you be more likely to buy a game that has more updates?
YES 15 53.57%
NO 2 7.14%
MAYBE, DEPENDS ON THE GAME 11 39.29%
WHAT'S AN UPDATE? 0 0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll
03-26-2009, 01:53 PM
Would you be more likely to buy a game that has more updates?

Hey Guys,

Just a quick question here.

Do you find yourself checking to see if a game has been updated before buying it? Would you be more likely to buy a game that has more updates?

I recently found my self checking how many times a game has been updated before I buy it. It seems now I am more likely to buy a game if:

1) it interests me
2) the price is right
3) it got good reviews
4) it has been updated a few times since it was released

BTW. i check to see when and if a game has been updated using AppSniper's graph feature.

I am General Zod. Your ruler. Yes, today begins a new order. Your lands, your possessions, your very lives, will gladly be given in tribute to me, General Zod! In return for your obedience you will enjoy my generous protection and you will be allowed to live.
03-26-2009, 01:54 PM
That's why I got pocket god.

Twitter: @Zincous

03-26-2009, 01:57 PM
In general, yes, but this is on a case-by-case basis. Everything you mentioned especially reviews makes a difference. Take the case of Asphalt 4 where the update arguably ruined the controls. You take all that into consideration before you buy.
03-26-2009, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Albie View Post
In general, yes, but this is on a case-by-case basis. Everything you mentioned especially reviews makes a difference. Take the case of Asphalt 4 where the update arguably ruined the controls. You take all that into consideration before you buy.
Then why didn't you vote for "depends on the game"? lol that goes with exactly with your statement

Twitter: @Zincous
03-26-2009, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincous View Post
That's why I got pocket god.
me too. the only reason i got Pocket God because they update it frequently which makes it interesting. its the App that keeps on giving. i buy apps if the interest me and get updates. I bought lightriders becuase they said they would update it to have 3D view and stuff. It was like an investment that didn't pay off yet
03-26-2009, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincous View Post
Then why didn't you vote for "depends on the game"? lol that goes with exactly with your statement
Sorry, I thought I did...did my click register with the wrong choice? All this hard living must be getting to me
03-26-2009, 02:15 PM
For me, sometimes if (not in the case of Pocket God) it really needs to keep getting updates, that means that it was not a quality game at release, and I don't necessarily want to get it.
03-26-2009, 02:44 PM
I buy first and ask questions never

If at first you don't succeed... you have 2 more lives to get it right!
03-26-2009, 03:25 PM
YES YES YES AND YES!!! I practically only buy games that update frequently, and that is why i hate EA and Gameloft. Updates are key...
03-26-2009, 03:33 PM
I don't like how this question is asked. I mean, I love the fact that updates bring more features and bug fixes.

But I do like complete games too. Actually complete games are probably more fun to me than an unfinished game.