Support our Sponsors:

Old 08-29-2014, 02:55 AM

I really like this game. Sure, there's IAP, but so far I manage very well without it. The rarity of gems make enhancements you need them for - such as new ability slots or slots for companions - a rare achievement when you get them. And I don't mind the timers on improving an ability - I start one or two throughout the day and in the evening, when I have time to play, I have an improved character to try out :-).

There is rather much grinding, as you replay the levels several times, but I see it as a way to improve my strategy. For me it's a well made game with slow paced progression and I like it. Touch Arcade should really cover this game, I am astonished that it doesn't get much attention.

One thing I don't get: Why can you - potentially - have 5 character slots, when there are only 2 different classes? The costs for a third slot don't really outweigh the gain in gems (as you can gather gems with each character for each level played). Or did I do my math wrong?

Greetings,
Angua

Last edited by angua2105; 08-29-2014 at 06:52 AM..
Old 09-03-2014, 05:59 AM

I don't know if anyone can help me here with this but i have finished the 1st area The shores of hope on normal twice now and it won't let me up the lvl to Heroic. It still says finish on normal is this a bug or is it something else I'm missing. Apart from this I'm liking the game so far and almost compelled to get a iap to support the dev.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jForsythe View Post
I don't know if anyone can help me here with this but i have finished the 1st area The shores of hope on normal twice now and it won't let me up the lvl to Heroic. It still says finish on normal is this a bug or is it something else I'm missing. Apart from this I'm liking the game so far and almost compelled to get a iap to support the dev.
You have to finish the whole game first before you can change the difficultly to Heroic err just answered my own question didn't i.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilo View Post
I felt the same way and regretted opening a chest with gems. However, since then I have avoided that and haven't had any problems finding plenty of loot in chests or being able to craft my own. Loot tends to drop frequently as well.

As far as gems go, the only thing I would save them for is to unlock your secondary skill slots, companion slots, expand inventory, and later to buy more companions (this means don't waste them on buying gear/chests, speeding up crafting/upgrades, refreshing store, or anything else beyond the mechanics of the game you need). As of right now at level 21 I have all but one skill slot unlocked, and I need to unlock one more companion slot so I am saving all my gems and I haven't spent a penny on the game.

It's sad the forum has avoided this game so far due to it being F2P, but I can understand why. A few of the design choices almost made me hit the delete button - crafting/upgrade timers, nagging IAP specials - but I am glad I didn't as this has been the most fun I've had hacking n slashing on iOS in awhile.

Sounds like your really enjoying the game have you thought about supporting the dev he/they can't make this and a sequel hopefully for free.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:25 AM

Playing for about a week and I love this game. Very well done!
Old 10-08-2014, 07:36 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Default Mage & Minions

I have been playing the game for a few weeks now, im on the max level 50 as the mage character, i'm currently half way thru legendary level, stuck on Margoth. (anyone got any tips to beat him?)

A few comments on previous posts,
IAP - you can spend money on gems but you don't need to, as you can get gems a few ways
a) completing levels.
b) completing the daily quest
c) sometimes get gems during the daily drops when log in.
d) doing the cup challenges. eg destroying 5000 skeletons, etc.

I have only opened 1 chest and it is not really worth it at lower levels, as you can soon find better loot from drops as you increase in level.
At higher levels you can get legendary gear from chests and the shop so might be worth it then.

I have found the most important things to spend gems on are increasing your 1) spell slots, 2) increasing the the number of companions and 3) increasing the spaces in your inventory, then 4) opening chests or buying legendary gear from shop.

Spells: Frost Nova, Blizzard and Frost Bolt stack nicely together due to the double damage against frozen targets benefit.
I also use the lightning bolt, good against multiple enemies sometimes.

Against some fast moving targets, Time Warp spell is useful especially on level 10 as your minions get the benefits also. So i swap Blizzard out for Time Warp.

of the passive abilities I am currently using Tough as Nails, still don't have a second slot yet but will prob get Celerity or Endurance.

Online: You don't need to connect to the internet to play the game,
the only things you need to connect to the internet for are
a) receiving the daily drop
b) receiving the daily 20 gem challenge
c) starting or finishing crafting
d) starting or finishing spell research.

so if you dont have internet on your tablet can easily connect on wifi somewhere at home/work/coffee shop, get daily drop/challenge, start or finish crafting/researching etc.
then connect again a few hours later if you need to.
Good for the commute to work/college.

crafting - most of the time you don't get much from it, but sometimes you get a higher level item. On a few occasions i managed to get rare from 3 uncommon, epic from 3 rare and on two occasions legendary from 3 epic items.
The item crafting takes into the account the bonuses of the items used to craft, eg if 3 items used give extra gold then the gear created will have extra gold as at least 1 ability, if 2 items give extra gold the item created will probably give extra gold, (but not definitely)

The different bonuses on the items can lead to many different strategies, such as maximizing attack speed, critical change or maximizing armor for a tank strategy so the game does have some variety in that respect.

complaints:
game occasionly locks up downloading profile, a work around i have found is turning off wifi, then starting game,then turning wifi back on, seems to work fine then.
crafting and researching spell times can be too long, especially at higher levels.
game can get a bit repetitious.
level 50 cap is a bit low

Last edited by Gamer999; 10-08-2014 at 07:47 PM..
Old 10-21-2014, 11:06 PM

Add me!
XAVO WEXA KODO 1810
Old 10-26-2014, 06:21 AM

Great game!

They overdo it a bit in the "sales department" with the discounts and everything.... But its ok.

Btw.... I am a really bad player and so i am stuck in the Fiery Pit....

What is the way out? I get killed a lot....

Thanks for not laughing at me.

R7