Pazaak - from kotor

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by blue0ps, Apr 15, 2009.

1. blue0ps

blue0ps Member

Feb 7, 2009
    I was playing star wars kotor today and thought to myself pazaak would be fun game to play if it was real. Thinking on that I wonder is someone could make an app of pazaak made a spiced up verison. I would atleast pay $3 maybe for such a game. Give me your thought and dev's pm ok?

2. Carlsb3rg

Carlsb3rg Member

Apr 15, 2009
    The gambling games in Fable 2 (xbox360) would also make good games on the iphone. Even would pay 10$ (if all 3 were in one package).

3. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    Still no Pazaak game? :(

4. jerry_lkh

jerry_lkh Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Pazaak for iPhone

We're actually working on a Pazaak game for the iPhone ;).

Here's a screenshot

[​IMG]

The game is
    -OpenFeint enabled
    -can be played in single mode or multiplayer mode

OFX might be used to allow players to earn and wager virtual currency but thats not a 100% yet. We expect the game to be ready by mid July insh'Allah.

Any suggestions are welcome.

5. blueknight1st

blueknight1st Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2010
    #5 blueknight1st, May 26, 2011
    Last edited: May 26, 2011
    Are we going to be able to build our own deck? What's the price point? It's not going to be freemium, is it? If it is going to be freemium is playing it at least not going to require the purchase of in game currency?

In the mean time till this Pazaak game comes out there is this link to an online Pazaak game that actually works on the iDevices. It works best on the iPad but is still playable on the iPhone/iPod Touch.

http://pazaak.vndv.com/

6. Creepshow

Creepshow Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Since this isn't an iphone or ipod touch game, why is this posted here?

7. robotsvswizards.com

robotsvswizards.com Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Game Development, Music
    CA, USA
    Wow, cool!
    Is this an official game?

8. Geta-Ve

Geta-Ve Well-Known Member

Cool! I am curious though, from what I recall George Lucas has a pretty firm hold on everything regarding Star Wars. If you are selling the game it was my understanding that you need a license from Lucas.

Have you guys obtained this?

Cheers! :)

9. jerry_lkh

jerry_lkh Member

Mar 18, 2011
    We're still only working on getting the basic single and multiplayer gameplay up and running but we hope to offer both a free and paid version of the game. We'll let you guys know the exact features of each version as we decide upon them.

As for the question of getting a license from George Lucas, we haven't thought about that. Our (rather cursory) search on google hasn't indicated that the game is copyrighted. Besides there are some versions on other platforms that are being sold so I think we should be in the clear insh'Allah :).

10. robotsvswizards.com

robotsvswizards.com Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Game Development, Music
    CA, USA
    #10 robotsvswizards.com, May 26, 2011
    Last edited: May 26, 2011
    Ouch yeah, I'm not one to tell someone how to buisiness but just a friendly and respectful warning / advice regarding intellectual property.

First, the pazaak ip likely belong to Lucas.
    Doesn't have to be filed to belong. They would just have to prove in court they made it first. This day and age that is easy to do with so many digital receipts.

If lucas arts was to file a complaint with apple the the game could be pulled.
    That is not the bad part. When a company brIngs an ip issue to apple they can also request the revenue made. Without a legal contraction from the filer apple may comply. I can't speak for apple but the chances of them spending money to defend you against a lawsuit is unlikely as the legal action is typically against the seller ( which is not the developer)

So, no you will not likely be sued or anything like that but without permission to use the pazaak ip you may suffer a descent loss.

11. Geta-Ve

Geta-Ve Well-Known Member

Better to be safe than sorry. :)

12. jerry_lkh

jerry_lkh Member

Mar 18, 2011
    @robotsvswizards.com

Thanks a lot for that advice. Seems like we'll need to consider this issue a lot more thoroughly.

13. jerry_lkh

jerry_lkh Member

Mar 18, 2011