WordHue - presskit done, looking for feedback

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by beardysoftware, Aug 5, 2015.

1. beardysoftware

beardysoftware Active Member

Jun 18, 2015
    Hello, I'm about to launch my first game, and was wondering if any experts out there could give some feedback on my presskit, website, and promo video?

http://beardysoftware.com

I've never done this promotion stuff before, so any feedback is welcome. Thanks!

2. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 9, 2011
    Games Developer
    Brisbane, Australia
    I feel like your game lends well to an animated image showing gameplay for the main page. I find showing is always better than a wall of text (I am aware you have a video but I have to look for it then play it). Other than that it is ok. I think it just needs more visual stuff as it is pretty text overwhelming. The game reminds me of Pulp Diction which was a game a few years back from the talented Muzboz (Gameplay Trailer here if you want to see how that looked)

Anyway, I think more visual stuff would really help. Try some animated images perhaps :)

3. beardysoftware

beardysoftware Active Member

Jun 18, 2015
    Thanks, that's a great idea. ... I changed the main landing page to have a nice long animated GIF showing gameplay. You are right, it's much more engaging that way!