I can't find games that hook me much

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by spader623, Jun 14, 2014.

1. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I disagree, i've got into long meatier games. RPG's like Aralon/Ravensword, Shadowsun have taken a lot of my time in the past. 9th Dawn is a classic old skool Ultima RPG, i've put in many hours into those.

People have also mentioned Oceanhorn. I also found a lot of content in platformers like Storm in a Teacup, Rico and Paper Monsters.

I have a lot of 'quick gameplay' apps to play but also i like to go back to some of the more meatier RPG's

Warhammer Quest has tons of gameplay as does the Walking Dead game. Lego Star Wars has a lotttt of levels also. I even like playing retro games like Sonic (Or gameboy games via GBA4iOS) and use the save function to finally beat these games after all this time. I'm surprised how large some Gameboy games are and how they expected us to complete them in just a few lives back then !

I also like Fighting Fantasy books and Sorcery apps. Theres a lot of 'larger' games on iOS, love the platform

2. Topherunhinged

Topherunhinged Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2014
    ^I'd have to agree. I almost exclusively play 'meatier' experiences. Right now I'm wrapping up Avernum, easily 40+ hours, playing Warhammer Quest, another 20+, and playing my usual mix of board game ports (Lords of Waterdeep, Agrigola and Eclipse).

The gamebooks from Tinman are all solid, as are Sorcery! and Lone Wolf. There are all the standout Boardgame ports; Pandemic, Carssacone, Space Hulk and a pile of adventure game ports like Broken Sword and The Last Express.

Throw in the Shenandoah strategy titles plus the great mix of games that Slitherine puts out and you've got 'meat'.

3. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    I've gotta agree with you. Yes iOS has a crap ton of stupid games and freemium stuff... But ask around and you can find some freaking gems. Like lone wolf like you said.

4. dongtian123

dongtian123 New Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Japan
    Hey

Good topic.:)

5. spader623

Jan 18, 2014
    Thanks. Also, just to let EVERYONE know... This exists and is coming to iOS:

http://kotaku.com/kim-kardashians-video-game-is-the-stuff-of-nightmares-1592324887

Yessiree folks. Kim Kardashian has an iOS game coming... And people will buy this. And spend real money on this... Sorry, I know this dosnt relate to my topic but I just had to show people.

6. precip1ce

precip1ce Member

May 21, 2014
    The World of Blood RPG series take hours to complete... should be very addictive. Try it out, you might like it. http://avalancia.com/

7. spader623

Jan 18, 2014
    I'm kind of confused on what it is... Also, it's free but has 'blessings'?

8. Apricosomoso

Apricosomoso Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Wayward souls: dungeon, content and fun

9. goodboyback

goodboyback Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2014
    #29 goodboyback, Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
    KOTOR my friend is the game for you,You mentioned you liked shadow sun then you can be assured that kotor is a 100 times better game than that in every category,I was pretty bored with it intially as well but man it does pick up space,It's the only game I remember which had soo many choices in everything from who you want to save to which side you serve,Your choices literally change the fate of the whole universe.I was hooked on to the game for mainly this reason not the combat but the lore and choices,No doubt combat gets pretty good as you progress but it's a game worth buying even if you don't dig the combat.Buy it now.

10. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    The Ace Attorney trilogy is excellent in a very Japanese sort of way, by the team behind Ghost Trick.
    The Chaos Rings series is an excellent, underrated iOS RPG series.
    The GTA games are always great, and are surprisingly playable with a touch screen.

Those are hundreds of hours of great games right there ;)

11. spader623

Jan 18, 2014
    Problem with KOTOR is that I think I didn't save it to the cloud right, so I have at least rescuing whoever the special lady is in the begining

12. goodboyback

Mar 30, 2014
    #32 goodboyback, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
    It picks up right after you meet her,Her name is 'bastilla' and she plays the most important part in the game.I would suggest you stick to the game a little longer once you get off the planet everything picks up,you can consider it as a prologue to the game it's slow and boring but rest of the game js probably one of the most entertaining and engaging experiences I've ever had in gaming.

Also THE KING OF DRAGON PASS is EXACTLY the game for you,it's all about choices and grandfather of games like ace attorney.I suggest you definitely take a look at it and Don't worry about the price it's well worth it.Also don't judge it from videos or anything it can only be experienced first hand,Imo It's the greatest text adventure game on any platform PERIOD.

13. spader623

Jan 18, 2014

Problem is, if I'm right, I gotta go through the entire game up until that point again, and I really don't think it's worth it. Also, nah, but thanks for the advice. And i don't have much space left either. Stupid 'other' folder is way too much space and I can't get rid of it

14. goodboyback

Mar 30, 2014
    #34 goodboyback, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
    Well the 'other' folder is certainly a big annoyance I'm shocked ad to why it hasn't been fixed till now.Anyway Kodp doesn't really take up much space at all,I strongly suggest you look at it.I'm not a fan of text/puzzle games I hate them but KODP is not what you think it is,Imagine having your very own lord of the rings/game of thrones on your phone in which you get to decide the whole thing.It plays totally different every time you play it,If you like story/choice based games it's a must have.

15. spader623

Jan 18, 2014
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll put it on my wish list: AKA, list of games I want eventually. Do you have any idea of how to get rid of other? It's literally at LEAST 13 GB. Plus, the only good solution seems to be restarting the entire phone...

16. goodboyback

Mar 30, 2014
    Hell! 13gb is all I get on my 16gb device in the first place!I don't think anyone found a solution to it.It just keeps on mounting for some reason,A sync is sometimes able to negate it but I guess you've already done that.Sorry I don't think anything apart from a restore is going to fix the issue.

17. spader623

Jan 18, 2014
    Damn. We'll, I guess I can try that. Thanks.

18. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    I usually bite the bullet and manually back up then restore in iTunes. It's time consuming but always works.

19. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    Try this
    www.igeeksblog.com/how-to-remove-other-data-from-iphone/

20. spader623

Jan 18, 2014
    The only solution is restoring it. Sigh. How long would that take probably? To erase everything and put it all back?