iPhone UHR-Warlords

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Slem, Jan 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slem

Slem Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2013
    Bergen, Norway
    #1 Slem, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2014

[​IMG]

Hi!

I'm very proud to show you our next game, UHR-Warlords. It has been in development for a year and is very close to completion.

UHR-Warlords is a turn-based tactical boardgame. It takes place in Noordh where the Warlords and in constant fight for supremacy.

[​IMG]

The game features 2 campaigns each having 6 chapters. We also have local(pass and play) and online multiplayer.

UHR-Warlord is a game made in co-operation with Demonaz, a black metal musician from Norway. Demonaz has made 6 music tracks, one to each of the Battlegrounds you see on the map above.

I'll be updating this thread with news about development and screenshots as we go into the dreaded last 10% ;)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your attention.

Website
    Facebook
    Twitter

Blog posts:
    Announcement
    The World of Uhr
    The history of the gamplay in UHR-Warlords. PART 1
    The history of the gamplay in UHR-Warlords. PART 2
    The Art of UHR-Warlords

UPDATE: Submitted to App Store. Awaiting approval!

Espen
    Turbo Tape Games

2. returnity

returnity Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2013
    Looks good, looking forward to see it in action..

3. Slem

Slem Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2013
    Bergen, Norway
    #3 Slem, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
    Thanks! Here's a new screenshot. This one is from a place called Villfahrd:

[​IMG]

4. Slem

Slem Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2013
    Bergen, Norway
    New blog post about the World of Uhr. A quick introduction into the different locations in the game, the Battlegrounds.

5. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    I personally don't like the theme of it, it's too dark - devilish and I'm not a kid. I would prefer to have a normal theme with gladiators, fighters, simple fantasy creatures and not horns, pentagrams, etc.

Look for example the Hearthstone which is a normal game with normal graphics for all the audience. It's not too childish but it's not too dark either..

I hope it will have a depth in the gameplay.

6. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    This looks interesting but is this going to be a premium game or a freemium game?

7. Slem

Slem Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2013
    Bergen, Norway
    #7 Slem, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
    The theme is the brainchild of the co-creator on the project, Demonaz. His day job is being a black metal musician. So the theme is pretty dark, yes, but not devilish I would hope. We live in Norway and a lot of us are used to winters with no sun for months.

The game will be pure premium. No in-app purchases. As well as being developers, we are consumers and we prefer buying premium products.

8. Bleau

Bleau Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2013
    One half of MoWOW Studios, an mobile indie game st
    Koblenz, Germany
    Looks really good. Reminds me of the Heroes of Might and Magic battles :) Will the heroes level up and gain skills? Do the terrains alter the battle conditions?

9. kurtalb1

kurtalb1 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Michigan
    Looks interesting. Looking forward to more updates and information.

10. kikemenendez

kikemenendez Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Looks really nice. Looking forward.

11. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    I like darker themes, so color me interested.
    Do you have an estimate for a release date already, as you write "close to completion"?

12. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
  13. Slem

Slem Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2013
    Bergen, Norway
    Thanks for the interest, people! The Battlegrounds (terrains) do have variations in what we call Uhrkraft Springs. These are control points in which you can hold for increased Uhrkraft (the force used in all actions).

There are no upgrades available. We designed it to be a game of skill and thusly decided that equal opportunity was imperative in competitive multiplayer. But the Runes(spells of which you select two for each battle) are player chosen before combat.

We've announced today that the game will be released in February, but our target date I won't disclose just yet ;-) Stay tuned.

May the Urhgods be with you ;-)

14. rittchard

rittchard Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2011
    This looks fantastic, hopefully it will be in early February ;-)

15. Slem

Slem Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2013
    Bergen, Norway
    Here's Part 1 of a series on the history of the gameplay I've written. Hope you like it!

16. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Interesting read,thanks a lot!
    I especially liked the movement patterns and the boardgame approach. Quite looking forward to how it will play.

17. expleo

expleo Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Computer Guy
    Norway
    Looks cool, kind of game I just buy regardless of price point and how long I actually gonna play it.

Gotta laugh of your company's name, get me back to the c64 days. I think I saw one of your other games on levelUp, some naval warfare battle was it ?

18. returnity

returnity Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2013
    There are thousands of cute ponies and fairies game on the AppStore. So, please let us have just a handful darker themed games.

I hope the game mechanics live up to the quality of the art. I have a feeling that this is gonna be the first surprise hit of 2014! February can't come soon enough!

19. Slem

Slem Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2013
    Bergen, Norway
    Glad you like it, guys! I am of course obscenely biased, but it think you will love UHR-Warlords.

20. Bleau

Bleau Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2013
    One half of MoWOW Studios, an mobile indie game st
    Koblenz, Germany
    *chuckles* "Obscenely biased". Liked the gameplay history article. Looking forward to the next ones :)