Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-13-2014, 02:10 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosww View Post
We added the option to remove ads via the Credit Doubler IAP at the same time we introduced them, in 1.0.1, released mid-May. Anyway, apart from how good/bad the monetization is in the game, the real problem is the lack of promotion. We have learned a lot about it in the past month and we are working to do it much better job for 2.0, which is going to be a reboot of the game anyway, and will be promoted as such.
Sorry I haven't followed the whole thread. Is version 2.0 going to be a completely new game or just an upgrade to the current game? Also I personally always feel like I'm cheating if I buy any sort of doubler. I guess I'm a gaming purist in that way.

Regardsless, best of luck with your 2.0 release!
Old 06-13-2014, 02:22 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

The core gameplay is going to be the same: build a space station, take care of your officers, explore planets, blow up some stuff in the process. But we are going to expand every area with new content (the station will support NPC visitors for example), and we will remove or simplify stuff that now is not very fun or clear (the passive items for example). The base of the game will be 1.0 for sure, same screens, art, menus, just loaded with more stuff to do and (we hope) more fun gameplay.

As for the actual iPad app, we still don't know if we are going to release 2.0 as a new, separate app, or if we are going to do it as an update to the current one. We want to completely redo the monetization in 2.0 so it's going to be difficult to support the previous version at the same time. But, by releasing a new app, we lose the current install base, that while not very big it's better than 0. Decisions, decisions.

If you are interested in 2.0 you can read the last two blog posts about it here: http://thespatials.com/blog.html

Thanks for your wishes!
Old 06-14-2014, 09:02 PM

Carlosww.

I do hope it will be an update, since i paid for the add removal.
Or the iap is transferable then there is no problem

I also noticed and i know this is mentioned earlier in this thread. That some gathering missions are missing the required objects to complete. Currently im on Detic an astriod (see file yes it's an old shot, still had adds ) and need to gather 14 seeds, but there are only 6 loot crates and no lifeforms to get seeds from. and no enviremental object to blowup or take seeds from.vI'm guessing this will be solved in 2.0 which i'm currently checking out on the pc.

Further nice to see that you keep getting involved and listen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (281.7 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by mutts; 06-14-2014 at 09:06 PM..
Old 06-15-2014, 12:39 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

This is happening because at level 3 the game won't spawn hostile mobs in bounty planets (to not overwhelm a newbie player). This is OK in other kinds of planets, where peaceful mobs are allowed to spawn, but in asteroids and gas planets the only allowed mobs are hostiles. So the end result is a bounty that cannot be completed. Try to skip this planet and just do the level 4 campaign mission, you will open up a lot more planets and real combat will start. For 2.0 we are going to revamp the bounty/campaign system and we will fix this situation. We are also thinking about a 1.0.3 version to fix the lingering 1.0 issues like this one.
Old 06-15-2014, 01:53 PM
iPad Air

Quote:
The core gameplay is going to be the same: build a space station, take care of your officers, explore planets, blow up some stuff in the process. But we are going to expand every area with new content (the station will support NPC visitors for example), and we will remove or simplify stuff that now is not very fun or clear (the passive items for example). The base of the game will be 1.0 for sure, same screens, art, menus, just loaded with more stuff to do and (we hope) more fun gameplay.

As for the actual iPad app, we still don't know if we are going to release 2.0 as a new, separate app, or if we are going to do it as an update to the current one. We want to completely redo the monetization in 2.0 so it's going to be difficult to support the previous version at the same time. But, by releasing a new app, we lose the current install base, that while not very big it's better than 0. Decisions, decisions.

If you are interested in 2.0 you can read the last two blog posts about it here: http://thespatials.com/blog.html

Thanks for your wishes!
I don't envy developers trying to find a way to get paid for their work these days. With the rush toward F2P, it seems that gamers are losing sight of the fact that paying up front for a game is always a better deal. I will always seek to support developers who wrestle with this issue rather than simply jumping on the bandwagon; which would be far, far easier.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:11 PM

Quote:
This is happening because at level 3 the game won't spawn hostile mobs in bounty planets (to not overwhelm a newbie player). This is OK in other kinds of planets, where peaceful mobs are allowed to spawn, but in asteroids and gas planets the only allowed mobs are hostiles. So the end result is a bounty that cannot be completed. Try to skip this planet and just do the level 4 campaign mission, you will open up a lot more planets and real combat will start. For 2.0 we are going to revamp the bounty/campaign system and we will fix this situation. We are also thinking about a 1.0.3 version to fix the lingering 1.0 issues like this one.

Thnx for the answer, keep it up.