Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 06-28-2013, 02:38 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
If you took 95% of Google Play games and put them on a console with a physical controller, they would be unplayable, or at the best, play poorly. It might be that OUYA is hampered by being Android-based. If it was it's own unique hardware/software it wouldn't get people complaining that they can't play their Android copy of Candy Crush Saga on it.
Not really you can hook up a controller up to most Android phones and play basically everything you can even hook a mouse/keyboard up.

I think Ouya are purposefully cutting themselves off to make more profit which makes some sense but ultimately it will probably prevent it from ever taking off in light of the alternatives. Saying that I've no interest in f2p stuff in fact I basicly hate it so the ouya definitely isn't for me .
Old 06-28-2013, 06:23 PM
iPhone 3GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
i lost interest in the Ouya when I read you couldn't download games from Google play, it's hard enough to get good games on Android never mind limited that selection further I think people would be better off hooking their phone up to the Tv and a controller.

The early reviews I read pretty much slated it as well
Mad Catz is coming out with a console for this exact thing, and the restrictions OUYA enforces is something I resonate with more. So every game developer must test and program their game to work with the gamepad so you can't basically get a half hearted attempt on a game that plays poorly because a dev didn't want to optimize it for the console. Most of the games look optimized for 1080p and blown up android games on the big screen won't look so great.

The other big appeal about the console is that OUYA only allows games with a free element allowed in the store, so everything is try before you buy. Everything is risk free and you can either play a game up to a point or have a time limit (one of the games was 1 hour) on how much you play can before you are forced to purchase the app.

Now i've burned through so many IOS apps without being a chance to try them out. It's not so bad for many people because the apps are only around a dollar or so but I've been apps since the app store came out on a regular basis so I finally learned to stop buying everything that looks good and play more of what I already owned. This is why I love the try before you buy element on all OUYA games even though many game developers won't agree with this requirement.

I am a little worried that people will only ever try out free apps and buy very few of them, and/or the OUYA gets littered with "disposable" apps. I basically mean an app was basically quickly put together with little value or fun factor for a quick profit VS the ones that were created out of passion packed with tons of fun gameplay and creativity. I will say though that if I like a game that much, I'll gladly buy the game on my IOS devices too since I got a chance to try it out for free and enjoy them
Old 06-28-2013, 06:58 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

The ratio of disposable F2P games to worthwhile F2P games has gotta be about 100:1 minimum, so this revelation doesn't excite me very much.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:33 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Old 06-29-2013, 02:53 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.D. CrAzY View Post
Haha, very funny.