Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 10-25-2013, 03:10 AM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I believe RetroArch is an all-in-one emulator. Also out for iOS via jailbreak. It can play many consoles, without having several apps. More and more are getting included into the system.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:06 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

I'm NOT talking about piracy here. I just mean in the future (10 years or so) i cant believe these old apps will be dead and redundant. Sure there'll be a tool/device (Apple perhaps) where you can still play classic old apps.

I mean physical games on tape or cartridge from the 80's and 90's are still being played today. As Apples games are all digital there wont be a problem in the future when the ipad 10 comes out etc
Old 10-25-2013, 04:44 AM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Well, there could be a problem with digital copies too. Say the dev doesn't update the app often, the game could become broken just like an old cartridge. So really.. nothing is better physical or digital. Both are prone to breaking.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:24 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gov View Post
I believe ... is an ... Also ... It can ...
Someone might want to edit that post before we get a bunch of would-be-pirates telling all their friends, "Look what I found on TA!"

DBC
Old 10-25-2013, 12:40 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldar View Post
I value the games I have more than to blindly update and throw anything aside that turns it into garbage. There's nothing bad in preserving games as they are.
I don't blindly update things anymore, as I've been burnt before too. I have 62 that want to be updated right now, and I go through 'em to see if it's something I want or not. So after updating 'em, there's the 62 that I can't see any reason to bother with. Had like 88, so I did update some. Also, there's space issues involved with updating. And some games seem to get little updates all the time, and that irritates me a bit. Little things that don't mean anything to me. So, yeah, I do scrutinize the update aspect on my devices--especially on my phone where I don't have much extra storage space to play with.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:35 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
I'll be interested to see what happens in the future. I'm sure there'll be some sort of iOS emulator at some point
Not that I support it, but that would be interesting from a piracy viewpoint. The ideal iOS emulator would presumably be able to emulate any version of iOS, so ROM collectors would be scrambling to track down the optimal update versions of each popular app. They kinda do the same thing with SNES/Genesis/etc ROMs already, but the task for iOS would be chaotic.