Universal Super Snake - Coming by Jun-24

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by antony.thai, Jun 6, 2014.

1. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

#1 antony.thai, Jun 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  2. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

So it's Snake with levels? Any hazards to avoid?

3. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    There are a lot of levels to play in this game, and you have many hazards to avoid, Bronxsta. :D

4. antony.thai

It's still in the development Bronxsta, do you have sometime to help us with some feedback? I love to see your fingure on controling him the Snake.

Antony

5. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Sound cool
    Sure, this kind of game is right up my alley

6. antony.thai

Awesome! I'm shipping the release to you right now!

7. antony.thai

Update Jun-7

We've complete the gameplay now, it's some screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Awesome, I always loved the Snake-like games, Reminds me of my trusty old Nokia ;)
    Great job with the graphics and the 'levels' idea, also it comes out on my birthday! :D

9. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    #9 Andre, Jun 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
    Do you have some ideas for this game? It will help us to improve the game more. :D

By the way, maybe it's a special gift from God to you on your birthday, TheOutlander. :D

10. TheOutlander

Apr 15, 2014
    Thanks Andre!
    Something that, from the videos that I would personaly change the speed of the game and that also goes for the music
    (I love frantic pace games) but other than that I absoultely love the game :D

11. antony.thai

Do you want to try this now?

12. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Yes please, this looks completely amazing.

13. antony.thai

I'm very sorry for my late reply on this.

I've just pm-ed you a code.

Cheers,
    Antony

14. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Getting a sneak peek at this one I can confirm it is a pretty decent Snaker.

-Intuitive swipe controls
    -Randomized levels
    -Power-ups, once unlocked, are permanently part of your game (no need to ever reputchase them).
    -Semi-persistent scoring (clear all stars from a level to go to the next level and when you die restart on last level with the score you had starting the last level)

15. TheOutlander

Apr 15, 2014
    Sure, why not.
    Im really curious about this one :)

16. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Thanks, LordGek. Do you have some more ideas for the game? We always wait for them to improve the games, because we are only the newbies. :D

17. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    #17 coolpepper43, Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
    Thank you dev for letting me play this game. Here are my impressions.
    At first I was very frustrated with the controls and I kept dieing instantly. After 5 minutes I really got used to the controls. This game is very fun, its a mix of snake and pacman. It's mostly PAC MAN with a hint of snake. As far as I can tell other than the looks of the character and your tail gets bigger when you get more lives but that's where it stops. This game is very fun and I love the graphics unfortunately for me it's looks free to play with iap and ads. Can you get rid of the ads if you purchase an iap?

Also, there were some grammatical errors in the tutorial you might want to get fixed before release.

18. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    I agree it's like a blend of PAC Man and Snake and it's quite good, it takes a minute to get into the controls which are pretty simple and responsive and if you've ever played snake you'll feel right at home with some cool features added to it

Just like th old snake it has a very addictive quality to it ......... Gotta run more stars to collect

19. antony.thai

I did send you a code for pre-release build.

Please note that it's still not the final one so it's buggy sometime.

But I love to hear your feedback.

Cheers,
    Antony

20. antony.thai

Hmm.. I think that I need more work in the control to make it a little bit better.

In fact, is iAP in this game feel optional for you? During the design, we really don't want to give a user a feeling that they will need iAP at all. In the other side, all power-ups are also optional as well. Without them, user can still push their score and level up with higher skill after each play times.

Since the game is not focusing on iAP at all but for the joy of users, we build an little ads to make our living. It will be turned off once we're have more people love Super Snake I swear. However, even with the ads, we still keep the screen and UI design as clean as we can.

Can you guide us a little more on tutorial English text?

Thank you a lot my friend!

I am definitely right when sending you one of my valued promote code for prerelease build.

Antony