Universal Star Warfare: Alien Invasion - (by Freyr Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Temporary boost of speed... run right out of a crowd... completely surrounded... huh, sounds oddly similar to another game...;):D

BTW guys, full disclosure on the bad and the good, right?

Did 9-10 runs last night, assisted in the deaths of a few swordsmen, aaaaaaand...

Got max Mithril payouts on Mantis (within 3 runs), PP (within 2 runs), and Serpent (within 2 runs).:eek::rolleyes::p;):D

Siegfried skunked me on 2 runs, but then, we've come to expect that, right?:rolleyes:;):D

I couldn't run the Rages because I couldn't find a team with high enough Rank to survive it...:rolleyes::p;):D

DBC

2. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    #3922 undead.exe, Jul 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
    Sheinfell: I'd suggest making two or three blank posts right now on the other SW group thread, to "reserve" them for later -- you can go back and edit them as you need to add more info, so the posts will be the first thing new players see.

DBC: Where do you think I learnt that tactic from? :p
    Granted, I could still use a little bit of work herding enemies who move significantly faster relative to your own speed, but some of the principles still apply :p

Also, congrats on more mithril! I just realised that part of the reason I could put up with this game's rather low mithril drop is because I already have quite a few nasty little toys sitting in my storage box... >.>

3. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    ;):D

I realize I'm repeating myself, but remember, I don't even want anything else. Perseus, Level 8 WB & M-27, Rank 12... there's really nothing I'm interested in achieving at this point, aside from getting in a few runs with decent, co-operative players. That's pretty much all the game is anyway, right? Kill stuff, get stuff, kill more stuff, get more stuff... nothing wrong with that, buuuuuut...

As I've said before, if Freyr's going to promise something, it's in their best interest to deliver it, and not make it so frustrating that they lose players faster than they gain them in the process... just sayin'.:rolleyes:;):D

DBC

4. Darthguy

Darthguy Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Earth

I realize I'm repeating myself, but remember, I don't even want anything else. Perseus, Level 8 WB & M-27&Trinity, Rank 10... there's really nothing I'm interested in achieving at this point, aside from getting in a few runs with decent, co-operative players. That's pretty much all the game is anyway, right? Kill stuff, get stuff, kill more stuff, get more stuff... nothing wrong with that, buuuuuut...

As I've said before, if Freyr's going to promise something, it's in their best interest to deliver it, and not make it so frustrating that they lose players faster than they gain them in the process... just sayin'.:rolleyes:;):D
    Muahaha and :(

5. Darthguy

Jun 19, 2012
    Earth
    I like the laser cannon but, it is unnessecary, and makes it hard to see, for me. I don't know, my eyes are wierd and when the cannon turns on I can't see much...
    Also your setup is odd, why use it, you need not gold... And the power of this is laughable...

6. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    #3926 undead.exe, Jul 19, 2012
    The laser cannon is more a gimmick weapon for me: it's not something I usually use on bosses unless I want to help someone kill something especially fast -- which is usually when I start frying the poor critter with a hyper clip and the Thunder Armour's ability.

Remember that I'm also playing to collect weapons that even mildly interest me, and to budget for when new weapons and armours come out. I'm still upgrading the Morpheus, the RPG-31, and the LIT07, and trust me, I need a LOT of gold to get them all up to Level 8.

Statistically speaking, the armour set-up is COMPLETELY inferior to the full Perseus suit: speed, power and HP are all lower than the Perseus. To fight with this set-up, you need some patience as well as exceptional understanding of how to dodge attacks. The gold pay-off is absolutely immense though, if you can put up with it.

7. SuperionEXE

SuperionEXE Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    EXCUSE ME? As you fully well know, it is not a gimmick. (Coming from the cannon master here :3) I don't really know if I'm just really good with the cannon, or I'm just average but everyone doesn't like it. From what I have heard from my angry teammates, though, I'll have to assume the former. Oh, and undead, I realize that those calculations may vary due to the unknown way they calculate damage, but I'm sure that no matter what number it is, it's definitely going to be a huge damage output on my end.

8. Darthguy

Jun 19, 2012
    Earth
    With fully upgraded cannon or M-2781 you can destroy aliens VERY QUICKLY. So the cannon just wastes more ammo, haha;):p
    But if you like it, go ahead, the laser cannon isn't very enertaining anymore, it kills like the M-2781 from a far distance, whereas a fun weapon is close range like the windblade or trinity, therefore the cannon isn't as good as the trinity, speaking in terms of funness.
    *waits for Superion to shout at me* *thinks about it, covers ears* :p:eek::D

9. Darthguy

Jun 19, 2012
    Earth
    At this point I care not about gold or anything, even when armor with 100,000+ hp comes out, I won't get it, unless it looks REALLY COOL:D things are unnessecary, the only thing I will spend my money on is a flamethrower which I doubt is actually coming soon...

10. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Newsflash of the day:
    Just made my first Siegfried kill, thanks to two great teammates.
    Geez, that took long, definitely need to focus on upgrading my machinegun.

11. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    It's a gimmick for me personally, just as the M-27B1 is likely a gimmick for you too -- neither of us tend to use the other weapon much because of how our playstyles are optimised. Take it as a compliment that you know how to use a weapon that I don't like, rather than getting too fired up about it :p

12. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Congratulations! The gold you just earnt should help a bit :p

13. Darthguy

Jun 19, 2012
    Earth
    Personally, my primary weapon is now a trinity, except for the actual boss part. In Mantis, PP, siegefried, and double rages, the weapob is SO MUCH funner to use... Than either weapon, when playing with noobs on poison pit and up I use M-2781 but isn't half as fun when they take less than a second to die... The trinity is the same, but you have to do close range which needs more skill and prctice. Thus, I am better thqn both you and Superion.:D;)I'm kidding... Ish...

14. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    I'm more a sword-swinging moron myself, but hey, to each their own :p

15. Darthguy

Jun 19, 2012
    Earth
    Never SEEN you use a sword... LIAR!!! Just kidding but I have never seeen you use it...

16. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Wellll, perhaps remind me the next time I play you. I usually pull it out on Mantis, but it's usually the M-27B1 or the mithril railgun for me -- remember how I'm farming gold? The sword won't let me kill things before other chaingunners >.>

17. Darthguy

Jun 19, 2012
    Earth
    #3937 Darthguy, Jul 19, 2012
    Talk to the hand...Only on mantis? Ughh so unskilled Kidding, Kidding, calm down... I can pull out a trinity on Double rages also known as two harder versions of mantis, who da man? (answer: me)

18. SuperionEXE

Jul 1, 2012
    I object.

19. Darthguy

Jun 19, 2012
    Earth
    Talk to the hand

20. SuperionEXE

Jul 1, 2012