Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-07-2014, 09:13 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbsicle View Post
I've been enjoying it so far. It is surprisingly difficult, but just because it takes a while for your brain to parse the different attributes (color, shape, fill pattern, and symbol).

Basically, you're set up with a number of shapes, and your goal is to find all the possible "groops". A groop is a set of three shapes that either all share a common attribute, or all have different attributes. So you could have three circles (same) that all have a stripe pattern (same), but all have different symbols (different) and are red, blue, and yellow (different), and that would be a groop. If they were red, blue, and blue, it would not be a group, because they have neither all the same color nor all different. It gives your brain a workout trying to analyze all those attributes, but since you have unlimited time, I found it fun and relaxing as opposed to frustrating.

There are 100 untimed puzzle levels (4 sets of 25), then some time attack stuff that I would probably be terrible at.

You explained the attribute thing much better than I could lol, I kept typing and deleting Lol.

In time attack mode you earn little coloured bit things that can then be used to buy shuffles and hints, I've only had two shirt plays in time attack and have enough a to purchase hints so it's generous. You can't buy anything with real money. I'm unsure to if the purchased hints and shuffles can be used in normal mode or only time attack.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:34 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbsicle View Post
I've been enjoying it so far. It is surprisingly difficult, but just because it takes a while for your brain to parse the different attributes (color, shape, fill pattern, and symbol).

Basically, you're set up with a number of shapes, and your goal is to find all the possible "groops". A groop is a set of three shapes that either all share a common attribute, or all have different attributes. So you could have three circles (same) that all have a stripe pattern (same), but all have different symbols (different) and are red, blue, and yellow (different), and that would be a groop. If they were red, blue, and blue, it would not be a group, because they have neither all the same color nor all different. It gives your brain a workout trying to analyze all those attributes, but since you have unlimited time, I found it fun and relaxing as opposed to frustrating.

There are 100 untimed puzzle levels (4 sets of 25), then some time attack stuff that I would probably be terrible at.
Hobbsicle, you mind if we use that for future explanations?

Honestly the hardest part of the entirely development process was figuring out how to explain the rules. That's probably the best explanation I've seen.

We're working on a gameplay video, some new level packs, and IAP for quickly getting more shuffles and hints - stay tuned! Thanks for playing!
Old 01-07-2014, 10:44 PM

This game seems really familiar. Wasn't there another game released this past year with the exact same gameplay formula? I remember playing it for a while. Can't remember the name.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:23 PM
Developer
iPhone 3GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by raede View Post
Hobbsicle, you mind if we use that for future explanations?

Honestly the hardest part of the entirely development process was figuring out how to explain the rules. That's probably the best explanation I've seen.

We're working on a gameplay video, some new level packs, and IAP for quickly getting more shuffles and hints - stay tuned! Thanks for playing!
Heh, glad it made sense, it's definitely a bit slippery to explain. And of course you can use it however you want if you like
Old 01-08-2014, 01:17 AM

Thanks for recommend. Will have a try.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:16 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Gameplay video done by @TheAppInsider:

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v1oOeedfTs[/url]