Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-11-2014, 05:13 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default Polygon Evolution (by Alex Dantis)

Quote:
NZ Release info:

The Game is out in New Zealand. Size of the app is 9.8 MB.

Price in NZ is Free.

Requirements:

Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Polygon Evolution is a difficult, abstract, combative, puzzle game in which you place cells and try to combine them to stave off an opponent whose only goals are to spread and evolve. It’s an other-worldly experience of sounds, shapes and colours mixed with a challenging reinterpretation of match-3 game mechanics.

Features:

- Challenging gameplay that will test your ability to plan ahead and control your opponent
- Local and Online Multiplayer
- Colourful, abstract design
- 12 Color Themes
- Procedurally generated soundscape based on the cells on the grid
- Free to play and fair

iPhone Screenshots:

Last edited by PeteOzzy; 06-11-2014 at 05:40 AM..
Old 06-11-2014, 05:15 AM

Looks like a lot of Free Games launching this Week.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:16 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

during E3, still gets a lot of free games

Last edited by Chaos_u; 06-11-2014 at 10:12 AM..
Old 06-11-2014, 07:32 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

This is looking quite interesting; it's a competitive multiplayer take on Triple Town's matching and merging mechanic played out on a hexagonal board. You take turns placing one basic tile of your team colour and compete in a Connect-4 style, trying to mess up each others plans. Furthermore, you can make links using the other players tiles so it gets pretty strategic.

Definitely worth trying out for free, I'm yet to see how you can spend money beyond a special bomb boost that literally feels like cheating. The presentation is fantastic too, considering the static nature of the game, it never looks boring.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:01 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 06-11-2014, 10:23 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Hello, I'm the developer of the game. Thank you for the wonderful description and for the gameplay video. I just wanted to add that buying triangle cells (the bomb boost) is only available during single-player and you can do this only once per game (think of it as a "one last chance" option) so it shouldn't affect the high-scores too much.

I hope everyone will enjoy the game and please let me know what you think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
This is looking quite interesting; it's a competitive multiplayer take on Triple Town's matching and merging mechanic played out on a hexagonal board. You take turns placing one basic tile of your team colour and compete in a Connect-4 style, trying to mess up each others plans. Furthermore, you can make links using the other players tiles so it gets pretty strategic.

Definitely worth trying out for free, I'm yet to see how you can spend money beyond a special bomb boost that literally feels like cheating. The presentation is fantastic too, considering the static nature of the game, it never looks boring.
Old 06-14-2014, 03:32 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
I'm yet to see how you can spend money beyond a special bomb boost that literally feels like cheating.
The single player mode has a 999 moves limit. Once you reach the limit, you can wait for the timer to recharge or unlock full unlimited mode for $3. Very fair F2P formula here. I played for 1h before I ran out of moves. I'm going to buy the full version as soon as I finish writing this. Very nice game indeed