iPhone Sky Hero - Kokonut Studio

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Kokonut, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Kokonut

Kokonut Member

Dec 30, 2011
    Mexico City
    Hi guys, i'm an indie developer from Mexico, i want to know how you see our first iPhone and iPad Game, in our site www.kokonutstudio.com we have a banner with a little of the art. Please let me know how do you think about this.

We are finishing the game, we have some troubles because of the textures for the 3GS and 3G devices, in the iPhone 4, 4S and the iPad run incredible.

If you want to know more about us, you can follow in twitter.com/kokonutstudio and Facebook.

Here are 2 images of the gameplay in the attachments.

In a few days we are uploading the trailer on YouTube, please, it's very important your feedback about the art of the game, and then the gameplay, power ups, etc.

Thanks! :D

Attached Files:

2. reec0X

reec0X Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Computer Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Another jumping & flying edition...welcome onboard! Hope to see a trailer soon.

3. Kokonut

Kokonut Member

Dec 30, 2011
    Mexico City
    Thanks reec0X, hope you like it when it's out in the App Store. The trailer will be available in a few days! :D

4. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

I guess we all will have to wait till the Trailer is Online to see more about the Game itself. Looking forward to see it in the upcoming Weeks.

5. reec0X

reec0X Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Computer Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    #5 reec0X, Dec 31, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
    add if there is a gameplay demo...much appreciated!

6. Kokonut

Kokonut Member

Dec 30, 2011
    Mexico City
    More feedback

C'mon guys, we need more feedback about the art of the game or doubts that you have about it.

Happy New Year to everyone!

7. karlth

karlth Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Iceland
    The graphics look ok, a moving demo would though be more telling I think.

8. AP9TV1

AP9TV1 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2010
    YouTube
    The art looks nice. Really looking forward to the trailer though!

9. Kokonut

Kokonut Member

Dec 30, 2011
    Mexico City
    More feedback

Thanks AP9TV1 and karlth, we are working polishing the gameplay and the trailer. So, in the art department i guess the art it's great.

But, i have a doubt, you liked these type of games? I don't know if you noticed that are a free fall game, you will have missions to accomplish, a survival mode with multiplier and a few power ups in the beginning. In the next update we put another stage with new enemies, new power ups and new missions.

What dou you think about this?

10. reec0X

reec0X Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Computer Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Is it FREEmium? any additional in app buying game-in packs ie. powerup, hero customise?

11. Kokonut

Kokonut Member

Dec 30, 2011
    Mexico City
    Freemium model o Paid Model?

No, it's a paid game ($0.99), but in like a month to the release we are uploading the "lite version" of the game.

There will be in app purchase packs with coins for the game, so you can buy the power ups, or other items in the shop.

The hero customize will depend the power ups, because, the hero change outfit in each power up, and in the next stage the hero will be in the "mood" depends on the location.

Do you like it? and other question, Do you prefer a FREEmium model?

:)

12. karlth

karlth Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Iceland
    Have been playing a few of these quick pickup games recently and I think you should definitively take a look at Temple Run. Not because of the graphics (they are 3d) but rather its pace and playability. It is an extremely well thought out game.

13. reec0X

reec0X Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Computer Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    @Kokonut, glad if you release two diff version - lite & paid...

14. Kokonut

Kokonut Member

Dec 30, 2011
    Mexico City
    Quick Pickup Game

Yes Karlth, i already played Temple Run, the graphics are good, but like you said the pace and playability are great. Our game have these kind of dynamic, with the missions, power ups, and the style of quick pickup game, i like the gender "Quick Pickup Game" jeje.

So, if you are playing often these games, are very easy to play, you need concentration and agility to avoid the enemies or something else.

So, do you like this dinamyc? Or what other things you put on the game?

15. Kokonut

Kokonut Member

Dec 30, 2011
    Mexico City
    Thanks reec0X, we think is the best for the gamers, if you have the lite version & paid, for you to choose if you want more or not. And do not forget that will be Universal App :)

What other things do you like to put in the game? or something else

16. Kokonut

Kokonut Member

Dec 30, 2011
    Mexico City
    Test, Trailer and Webpage

Hi guys, if any want to test the game, is a Beta mostly finished game, only you need to contact me for private message and you need to have a Test Flight account.

We make a few changes, and integrated a really cool feature.

You can check the trailer in http://www.youtube.com/kokonutstudio and the webpage http://www.skyherogame.com

Any feedback are really grateful for us, so please let me know.

And if you can make Fan or Follow us in social networks, that will be great.

http://www.facebook.com/skyherogame

http://www.twitter.com/skyherogame

Thank you all :)

17. Kokonut

Kokonut Member

Dec 30, 2011
    Mexico City
  18. reec0X

reec0X Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Computer Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    #18 reec0X, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
    Yeah :). Nice...I'll be honoured to test it tonight using my 4S...yay! Haha...sweet dreams!

19. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    The game looks great from the trailer; looking forward to trying this one out. :) Does the game require a live wireless connection to add/adjust the location-based weather effects in the game, or how is that handled?

20. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#20 Sanuku, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
    Will show the Video later ;)