Universal Bike Baron - (by Mountain Sheep & Qwiboo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TimoVihola, Oct 19, 2011.

1. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I eventually gave up and deleted it and it reinstalled OK - I'm not happy about it though I must admit, I'll be thinking twice about buying anything from these guys again - Over a week to fix a broken update and then after all that I end up losing all my progress - Not good......

2. TurboK

TurboK Member

Jan 3, 2012
    I can't speak on behalf of those who have finished it the only way possible nowadays (in <6mins), but it sounds fair. The motherland could then be reintroduced as "grandmotherland" or something. This solution isn't fair to those who have already got <6min result, they need extra work to do it again. But I also did a lot of work to get Domotown <34.250s, which is now useless (sure I got some points, though).

Dito wrote earlier that "Those few who needed to cheat to get through it are not a competition for the better players, if you (anyone) did cheat just to get better jump at the top spots, you should be ashamed of yourself." I felt the need to point out that by the time it was possible, finishing the level in <2mins was NOT CHEATING, as it didn't brake any rules of the game. It only became unfair after the route was closed. Using routes that even the maker hasn't thought of is one thing that makes the game fun altogether (has anyone else finished Easy #15 "Spinning around" rocketing over the circles? My record is 11.986s).

3. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    Here are my campaign statistics (Baron & Domovoi) :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. VovaFashion

VovaFashion New Member

Jan 30, 2012
    #1124 VovaFashion, Feb 2, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
    Can you show video about this "ride". Please

5. sellar

sellar Active Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Russia
    Dear all, did the app icon change for you after the last update? On iTunes store as well as in my iTunes app library the "correct" snowy icon is shown (Bike Baron riding from left to right on a light blue background), however after the synchronization the app icon shown on my iPod Touch is different - in fact it's the old icon (Baron's head on green background). I've tried reinstalling, redownloading, rebooting - nothing changes, the old icon is here.
    So I wonder why it happened.
    Mountain Sheep, could you please make the situation clear?

6. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    The icon changed because the app icon is again the old one.Can't do anything about it.

About the Dragon's Teeth level.I got to the last 3 ramps (at 0:58),but can't get past them to get 1:48 and 3:48 :(

Can someone help me out.

[​IMG]

7. Halotla

Halotla Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Got 10.115 on spinning around. Totally agreed on motherland. Its not about "cheating" or "exploiting bug", but making the leaderboard competitive. The solution proposed wont remove any fun from the game, except for people not liking spending time on hard levels ( not liking the game i meant).

By the way, here are some ideas for future updates :
    - Leaderboard to see everyone Times on each level
    - More exotic achievements (Collect all coins + 3 backflip + beat a Time in the same run for example)
    - player vs player online (league ? Championship? Competition on a specific track)
    - i also Like ideas i ve read earlier Like custom level explorer in game with vote system.
    - More+++ extreme levels
    - Some More buyable facultative content Like santa suit (or new colors for building tracks in editor) to keep you motivated in updating the game :)
    - motherland "Fix" ;-)
    - bouncing materials for editor
    - air flows for editor
    - reverse gravity
    - reverse biking way (right to left)
    I could imagine More but thats enough !

Cheers to you

8. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    @Qwiboo

As for the motherland level I advise to reignate the easy path,thus you'll avoid the anger of some.Those who finished in 2 min didn't broke any law of game,therefore it wasn't cheating.So after everyone had the chance to finish it.You should close it once and for all.

@Halotla

The time leaderboards is not possible of the 25 cap of GC leaderboards.

9. Halotla

Halotla Member

Dec 18, 2011
    again Its not a matter of law. Finishing under 2 minutes was so easy i dont understand How you could be angry removing that "achievement". I dont see How you can enjoy finishing an extreme level Like that (i did it on a second device).

Opening and reclosing is Not the solution for new players, and the fun of real motherland level.

10. toythatkills

toythatkills Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Thames Ditton, UK
    So I assume at this point that this update is never going to work, then? Couldn't update the last version, still not working with this one either, no matter how many times I hit "retry," it doesn't even try to download anything. It should really be asking me for my password if I'm trying to update it hours later than I last input it, but it doesn't, so I don't think it's even trying. Doesn't work when I have just input my password either.

Dev, have you contacted Apple? Clearly there's some issue with this specific app updating as so many people have this issue and it hasn't happened with any other apps. I can update everything except this. Even if I choose "update all" it updates everything except this. What have Apple said?

If the only solution is to delete the app and reinstall it, losing all my save data, I'm just not going to bother.

11. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Hey, sorry to hear it's still not working for you. Based on the feedback we have 1.6 update solved the downloading problem, so you must be experiencing some other problem. What you can try is to backup your device, delete the game from it and then restore the device using the backup. That way you should not loose any progress and the device may reset whatever is wrong and continue to work normally. Let us know how it goes.

As for the Motherland level, thanks for all the feedback guys. I agree that there is no point in having the shortcut in the level as there is no point to have that level at all then (if you just want to drive on the ground for 2 minutes you're weird ;) We are still deciding on what to do and will keep you updated. I'm sure we will find some good solution, that fits all. We have some more ideas how to do it as well ;)

12. TurboK

TurboK Member

Jan 3, 2012
    #1132 TurboK, Feb 4, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
    I tried my little secondary camera for capturing BB, and it worked, more or less. So I made a video of Way of Sun, and uploaded it to YouTube: See EDIT below

It's not a clean no-crash run (not even close), I have done it once, and I'm not going to try it again. I would never be lucky enough to get it on video ;)
    But it's under 10 mins and shows all the techniques (also the tapping for tunnel, thank you, tinchka, for the tip!) needed for a clean run. You can skip some rockets to be as careful as possible, for example. The first bump got me this time, but they are not as hard as they seem.

In the end I also included clips of two obvious places for speeding things up, if you just want to be as fast as possible (NOT to use when trying a no-crash run).

EDIT: I replaced the video with a version that doesn't have that many glitches, the old link works for now if someone uses it. New video url: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ-d5RcoMqA

Comments?

13. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    I purchased this great game yesterday, I'm really enjoying it. Is the Iap worth getting?

14. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    It's just a skin for the characters. Not much content wise, but it supports the developers :)

15. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    was just playing, and I thought about the motherland shortcut, went and tried it, and....you can still get out. Also, earlier, there was another shortcut around halfway through the track as well, not sure if that's patched.

PS Oh, you can't delete posts. :/

16. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    You can keep the shortcut if you introduce coins on the above path to make the ones who have taken the shortcut take the actual route. Ofcourse that would render efforts of those who have completed the level under 6 min useless... but I don't see how that can be avoided.

17. Halotla

Halotla Member

Dec 18, 2011
    With the solution proposed, people able to do the track under 6 have an advantage on people who Never played it. This is precisely whats intended. If you open the shortcut, this becomes a medium level, and you occult the challenge of making a good time on the upper way

18. Ben909

Ben909 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
    I've got exactly the same problem. It appeared with the previous update, and the latest one didn't fix it either. Ipad 1 with latest version if iOS.

19. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    thanks

20. toythatkills

toythatkills Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Thames Ditton, UK
    I wasn't experiencing some other problem, I was experiencing the same problem I was the entire time. As far as I can tell, it was still just trying (and failing) to download the previous update, for whatever reason.

Anyway, I didn't have to go through all that. Instead I tried downloading the newest update on my PC and then synced the iPhone to iTunes, and that forced through the latest version to my phone so it's all alright now.