Greedy Bankers!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Alistair Aitcheson, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Alistair Aitcheson

Alistair Aitcheson Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2011
    Game Developer
    Wiltshire, UK
    I have just submitted my game, Greedy Bankers, to the App Store and am awaiting approval.

Greedy Bankers is a fast-paced arcade puzzle game about making big money! Match like-coloured gems into squares to increase their value, but watch out - sneaky robbers are in your vault and they're after your jewels! Rubble falls from the roof and blocks your path, and the greedy bank manager demands higher and higher targets!

Some screenshots:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

More information can be found on the Greedy Bankers website. Please let me know what you think!

2. Alistair Aitcheson

Jan 30, 2011
    Game Developer
    Wiltshire, UK
  3. Sxethang

Sxethang Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Looks awesome! Can't wait to try it out! :D

4. Alistair Aitcheson

Jan 30, 2011
    Game Developer
    Wiltshire, UK
    Thanks, Sxethang :)

5. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Very curious.

6. Alistair Aitcheson

Jan 30, 2011
    Game Developer
    Wiltshire, UK
    The game launches today at midnight! Here's a couple of promo codes for anyone who wants to try it out :)

4N7YJPJF66PR
    7YL46H3YE3NR

If you could give me your feedback that would be awesome, and I hope you have fun playing it :)

7. warcrack

warcrack Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Electrical Engineer
    TA

8. Alistair Aitcheson

Jan 30, 2011
    Game Developer
    Wiltshire, UK
    Looks like those two have been taken :) I'll put up another couple a bit later. Hope you enjoy!

9. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Are you sure that Apple will allow a game with such a dirty word as "Banker" in the title? I can hardly thing of a more offensive insult to someone than to call them a banker. :p

10. Alistair Aitcheson

Jan 30, 2011
    Game Developer
    Wiltshire, UK
    Haha, Apple doesn't seem to mind, and I'm sure their accounts department won't either ;)

Another promo code :)

F3F7MP63WJMJ

11. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Game Impressions

I played a bit last night and enjoyed it.

From what I saw so far the game play is pretty straight forward.

Move colored squares into solid square/rectangular shapes to form a gem (the bigger the dimensions the much huger the points) to reach the level's target score. Once the gem is big enough to your liking you tap on it to collect it...which then makes one of the game's big risk reward elements all about how big do you want to make your gem before popping it? To make things difficult you only have a limited time to accomplish this and new pieces are constantly dropping onto the field in random locations which can often interfere with your juggling of pieces about.

Later on in the game the concepts of rubble (nasty immovable pieces that can only be cleared by forming a square or rectangle adjacent to them) and thieves (obnoxious characters that run about the field randomly snagging any individual pieces they run across).

Play continues until you are unable to accomplish a level's stated monetary goal for a level.

I like the graphical style and would give it a 4/5 at this point (it's good but I think I personally would have liked to see some sort of special bonus pieces...but then again maybe they come into play later and I just haven't gotten that far yet).

12. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Used F3F7MP63WJMJ, thanks. Weird how one can use a promo code to download a game that's not even officially released yet.

13. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    This kid of stuff used to confuse me as well but I think I get it now.

While most devs want to get their games out there ASAP and want their games publicly available the second they are approved, there are some who want to plan their release a bit.

I believe in the case here Apple has already approved the game and it is available via promo codes but not officially out until a set date or (not as sure on this) when the dev tells Apple to lift the cloaking device.

Whenever you see the ol' "Out already in NZ!" it is a case of this kind of timed release (which means, if lucky, you could already use promocodes to access the game even if not out in your region yet).

14. Alistair Aitcheson

Jan 30, 2011
    Game Developer
    Wiltshire, UK
    That is correct in this case. There were a few little promotional things I wanted to sort out before launch, so I decided to hold back releasing the game until a couple of days until Thursday 24th.

It's nice that I can send out promo copies before then though :)

15. Sxethang

Sxethang Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Are you going to have any promo contest upon release?

16. Alistair Aitcheson

Jan 30, 2011
    Game Developer
    Wiltshire, UK