Tetris Monster (By EA)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Jul 22, 2013.

1. ...a Tetris RPG? Well...that is certainly imaginative of EA

2. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    It's awesome! When will it release?

3. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

No info on that yet.

4. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    This summer

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^er... that just looks like a 2 player game where they animate a battle to represent the players.

Anyways, im looking forward to it as i love the puzzle RPG genre to bits.

6. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    The game's out in Japan now:
    https://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/tetorisu-monsuta/id614869983?l=en&mt=8

Since it's free, you can just make a JP account and get it if you want. Basically, it's identical to Puzzle & Dragons and the recent Dragon's Dogma Quest, except you play Tetris. The menus are scarily similar, and nothing about it -- aside from the actual Tetris part -- feels like Tetris.

The thing is, I think it might be better than Tetris Blitz. I know that game gets a lot of flack, but I think it's basically the Tetris the world of touchscreen gaming needs. But while that game has absolutely no depth, Tetris Monsters has at least some RPG elements to it. Plus, it hasn't bothered me to connect any social networks yet, hasn't tried to get me to buy anything yet, and seems to load/play faster.

7. shining jade

shining jade Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Hi and thanks for that update/info that may be useful to many people!

8. metroidvictim

metroidvictim Well-Known Member

so is this launching in the US soon? is the japan release just a soft launch till then?

9. putermcgee

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    It's very much the same as a lot if popular games here, so it probably isn't just a "soft launch." Whether it not they're working on localizing it is anyone's guess, but it seems like a worldwide brand like Tetris would be ideal for translation. Just don't hold your breath.

10. metroidvictim

metroidvictim Well-Known Member

well the game is damn fun! the gameplay is perfect, and the character designs are pretty sweet! if only it werent japan only at the moment... i have figured out how to swap party members and a little bit of how the battle system works, but there looks to be way more at play here when/if localization hits

11. bluspacecow

bluspacecow Well-Known Member

May 3, 2012
    Dumb question tiem!

The menus and the game text. Is it all Japanese or is selecting English an option ?

Is Puzzles & Dragons all Japanese as well ?

12. putermcgee

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    Tetris Monsters is only Japanese. Puzzle & Dragons has been localized to many languages, including English. If you have played Tetris -- especially Tetris Blitz -- and have any experience with games like P&D, figuring out what's going on in this game is no problem.