Universal Dungeon Defense : The Invasion of Heroes (by GameCoaster)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by GameCoaster, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I also went with water because of the slowing and cjwddxlb's comment about speed death. It's crazy to have 80,000 hp now with the orc :) And that's only with the 100% bonus, that 400% is a ways away...wish I could use rebirth stones to buy talents.

There's also a reset in the hellstore which doesn't cost anything, which really invites you to play around, I'm happy with that.

I'm not sure how you got the water and nature active at the same time, because after choosing water I can't activate anything else, until, as the directions...well the english isn't so good but my read on it is you have to get access to everything or at least +1 everything to activate another dungeon...but if you can have all 5 of these active, holy cow...that's probably too OP, I bet you can only have one active at a time, but maybe you get some of the benefits from those characters you unlock?

2. ntice

ntice Active Member

Feb 21, 2017
    @solareclipse I believe I was wrong on with different elements working which aren't active. The animation for being frozen is white and enemies also turn white when they are damaged. I do believe it is one element at a time.

The reset is nice but having to redo your +20 mod enhancements will be a nuisance every time you reset.

I am impressed you are getting to day 1000 on Hell 2. I get to 950ish and it just takes too long to keep moving forward. Doesn't feel efficient. I can do Hell 3 with nameless but only getting to 750. My lineup is still Mr Blade as main with living sword, wealth, Mr eye and orc. Towards the end I switch out wealth for sunstar. I've tried switching living sword out for for nameless but doesn't work. I think Mr death would work as a good replacement though.

3. Solarclipse

Jul 30, 2012
    #203 Solarclipse, Mar 19, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    I'm impressed you can do hell3 at all! I tried a few different hellstone combos and could get past day one with Mr. Blade, but didn't feel quite ready. **I think the number of resets you have is limited in some way, I'm not sure how yet so be careful.**

Once you have your level 20 weapons, you don't need the feature anymore. You can inherit them and they don't change. But Who knows what kind of weapons the elementals use? I figure by the time I am ready to use one of those I will have earned back those hellstones.

I got Mrs. Love and have replaced Mr. Eye with her. With maxed out research from the rebirth store and the research necklace, you Don't really need the scientist bonus if you do your research tree right—get your statues, then 20% experience, bonus statues and then auction...after that, the rest doesn't really matter when you get it. She still has the mutant skill, but also halves melee damage. And anyway, she is AMAZING, especially with her necklace and ring. Her attack will chain and hit whatever it can and is more likely to kill than Mr. Eye, which is better as far as damage haste mutations go.

I started with Love, snake, ogre, wraith, and living sword to maximize income (and chance of getting a 100% weapon). About day 950 I switched out sword with Blade, and snake with nameless, and ogre for orc. Mr. death doesn't seem as useful with having so many hit points now, does he really help you get that much life back? Same with sunstar...with 250% or 400% hp—I don't see how it will be enough. I am noticing that I get a lot further when I take the care to get exp bonus maxed out as early as possible, rather than just letting AI build take care of it.

I don't quite get how experience is earned for the elemental dungeons—on his facebook page the dev says every 100 days, but that doesn't seem to be how it works after all. I'm wondering how long it will take to get to 33...I just earned the 250% hp but it doesn't seem to be activated, maybe I have to open up a talent in the tier above it?

4. ntice

ntice Active Member

Feb 21, 2017
    #204 ntice, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    Thanks. I'm doing Hell 3 with Mr. Blade now and getting to 820ish. I haven't messed with resets now and I probably won't until I need to move some stones to elemental blast. I'm guessing that is at least 2 to 3 weeks away. Thanks for the warning.

I can see how beneficial the build can be earlier on with enhance and maxing statues and bank first and then switching to health. I've gone a bit of the lazy route and just use ai build and then forget about the game pretty early on. I get more rounds in but don't get as far.

As for your 250% hp increase. Once it is unlocked, you need to add a point to that talent to activate it. If you did that then it should be good. My hp is getting to 135k with so build on Hell 3. Also, I believe he mentioned you get more xp at harder difficulty levels but not sure if more xp is given the farther you get in increments of 100. All I know is lvl33 is really far away. Haha

Your team is definitely different than mine. I feel like you lose some of the defense bonuses for a stronger offense. I don't have the patience to wait for Mr. Love. I may reset later once I know I can still do Hell 3. I bet she is a stronger leader than Mr. Blade. While Mr. Death's heal isn't great, it is more beneficial to use him over living sword for the slow regen. The heal for Sunstar does help though.

Note- you can see the skills and weapons of the elemental heroes by starting a new game and scrolling over to them as if you were going to choose them. You can then see which weapons they use. I know it is a bow, wand, later and axe off the top of my head. Forget the 5th.

5. mrcrinkle

mrcrinkle New Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Anyone figured out the math on talent points? Reincarnated at ~1200 waves on Hell I twice; got a single point each time, which doesn't bode well for filling out these trees any time soon.

Prior to this patch, Hell II was cruise control and I was just on the cusp of being able to get through day 1 of Hell III. Post-patch I can't even get through day 1 of Hell II any more. Obviously the difficulty was re-tuned with the expectation that the talent trees will be boosting you, but sure seems like it's going to take a while to get back to where I was.

Anyone tried doing a day 100 reincarnation on any difficulty and seeing what the talent award is?

6. ntice

ntice Active Member

Feb 21, 2017
    I really can't answer all of the questions here but in terms of difficulty, there was an issue with the original release where skills/talents were not working as intended. There was an update a few hours after the main update to fix it. Did you download the update? I believe it is 1.9.1 or something similar to that.

As of element experience, I haven't messed around with different difficulties to see how much more you get at harder difficulties. I'm doing hell3 and getting to mid 800s which doesn't even yield a full xp level. I am however at level 15 for water so I wouldn't expect a full xp level increase. It is going to be a slow grind.

7. Solarclipse

Jul 30, 2012
    Yeah some of the hell mutations are crazy. I wrote to GC about it on facebook and sent him some screenshots, as some bosses after day 950 or so are nearly impossible to kill. There's the bosses that are invulnerable for 6 seconds every 4 seconds (which means you have a 2 second chance to hit every 8 seconds...which is a long time) and some other bosses have shields even though they don't have a mutation for it. I'm seeing these golden cubes around them sometimes, but I wondered if that was an effect of chain lightning or something, because I got Mrs. Love after at about the same time. He's working on fixing the mutations.

It doesn't seem to make much difference in elemental dungeon exp between hell2 and 3, and I can get about the same number of rubies out of them, actually, so I've been running hell 2 more since I can pretty much put it on autopilot at day 30, whereas on hell3 I don't use auto build until I have the experience bonus maxed out. Makes it a little less of a grind. But my phones been getting hot, lol.

Because of these crazy mutants, I've been running Mrs. Love, Mr Blade, Mr. Death, Magic Girl, and Orc. Magic girl actually gets about 10,000 health back—I wonder if the 250% multiplier for the dungeon health applies to her heal? I kind of wish I had gone with nature 1st, with that build cost reduction up to 40%, that will get a much stronger start especially, even if I don't stick with it for endless.

8. Solarclipse

Jul 30, 2012
    #208 Solarclipse, Mar 25, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner, but if you have your main character start at level 100, you can research a guild, fire everyone who is at level 3 or whatever, and then rehire them at level 102.

I'm not sure if this is best for my ogre, because it would mean slower leveling up without a priority on the builder skill, but this could be handy in general.

EDIT: Yeah, your characters don't level up much so as far as prioritizing moneymaking/saving skills, it's better to keep them at their starting levels.

9. ntice

ntice Active Member

Feb 21, 2017
    That's funny. I started doing that about a week ago. Figured others were doing it and I just missed it.

Sounds like a good team. I really hope the new characters are worth the grind and will help with new levels when they are released. I'm guessing no one has released them yet.

The jump from Hell 3 to Hell 4 is quite a leap. I've decided to not go for Ms Love as I'm gambling that the new characters will be better. They seem to work well when you have more of them since they have a percent increase the more elemental characters you have.

I'd be nice to hear from gamecoaster soon to answer some of our questions.

10. Solarclipse

Jul 30, 2012
    He responds more on his facebook page, although he hasn't said anything in a while. I know he's working on some fixes because some of the mutations/bosses are nearly invulnerable now. But as for Mrs. Love, she owns Mr. Blade in terms of sheer damage—Blade is better for single targets (bosses), but they are highly complementary. He has bash, she has eagle eye. Also, she ALWAYS hits something because of chaining. She can nearly light up the whole screen.

As far as doing the first 1000 days or so, earning gold is really important because you can cruise with 1 or 2 major damage dealers, so your other characters can be whoever you want. For example, with living sword I am getting 22 million from battle, and without him, less than 2 million. Wraith is invaluable for banks—the difference between getting 90 million and 40 million (I'm rounding here, don't remember exact numbers). Ogre or orc you gotta have for reducing building costs. Goblin and snake can help get you some more money because of the scavenger, but its not a big deal/hard to quantify. Slime's reduction of hero fees is pretty weak.

I also have 5 rings now with the 65% gold bonus in battles—that's great for the first 900 days or so; then I need to put Mrs. Love's ring on.

Mr. Death, especially with his ring, is really good at healing, although with the crazy bosses right now I find sunstar to be helpful at buying more time against them, when you've already killed everything and you have to spend another 20 or 30 seconds to kill the boss. It seems like that elemental dungeon bonus applies to their healing too...I should be able to test that by inactivating the dungeon and seeing how their healing does.

11. Machiknight

Machiknight Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Quick question for you pros:

Getting close to finishing my second run, (hard almost day 500) and will have enough blue stones to get a new character, which one would be the best to start with? I bought a small red gem bundle and inherit a 100% bow thats been a huge help, so will probably stick with skeleton again.

12. ntice

ntice Active Member

Feb 21, 2017
    The 3 top heroes to purchase are Mr. Eye, Mr. Blade and Nameless. Obviously some people might feel differently but I'm using Nameless as main hero and getting to 900+ in Hell 3. Sunstar has some benefits for healing but isn't a necessity.

The heroes above don't include Ms Love. She is a late game hero so I wouldn't worry about her for now.

13. ntice

ntice Active Member

Feb 21, 2017
    I don't have Mr. Death's ring so haven't seen his healing. I just got my second 65% gold ring so will start using that. Going back to Nameless as my main has helped a good amount.

I agree with the hero selections to maximize bonuses. I'd like to try Ms Love in place of Mr. Eye but saving in Hell 3 would take too long and I don't plan on resetting as I don't want to lose the free features I purchased. I'm stuck with what I have for now.

As for elemental progress, I just hit water level 18. How is everyone else progressing.

14. Mookmonster

Mookmonster Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    I have really grown attached to this game and its a ton of fun. However I am confused as to how to raise my elemental level. I picked the green one, and have never been able to level it up. I just awakened my wraith, and have not restarted. On level 365 or so. How does elemental progression work? Thank you!

15. ntice

ntice Active Member

Feb 21, 2017
    You don't get elemental experience until you reincarnate. You will see your progress once you load your new game.

16. Machiknight

Machiknight Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    So I fear I may have made a mistake selecting my elemental kingdom all willy nilly like I did, I selected Dark and didnt really look to closely at the others when I feel like nature might have been better, is there anyway to fix this?

17. Solarclipse

Jul 30, 2012
    Pretty much, no. There's at least a warning that says you won't be able to change until you get level 33, but yeah, that's kind of annoying.

The other way out of it would be the IAP in the rebirth store to unlock all of the elemental dungeons and seeds. (Which I did) I was on Hell 2, day 1300 with water, then switched to nature before reincarnating. Nature went to level 8 and the others went to 6 (and water, at level 18, went up maybe 2/3 of the experience bar.) I Wonder how high you can level up...I think fire might be the strongest choice, but I'm not sure if the talents that damage attackers will work on shielded bosses...hopefully the next update takes them down a notch because they are a bit ridiculous right now imho.

as an aside, Gamecoaster said on his fb page that the next update will be fixing something with the hell store resets, but the translation is awkward, so I'm not sure if it will address the problem of hell store feature IAP's not getting their hellstone value when you reset.

18. KyneTarse

KyneTarse Member

Aug 8, 2016
    Cloud saves

Hi,

Is anyone else having issues with cloud saving? I would like to play the same file on both of my devices (iphone and ipad) but they each seem to have independent saves even though they're associated with same apple id.

This game is amazing, btw. Sad that I missed it on initial release - it just happened to show up briefly in the hot games on TA the other day and the icon caught my eye :)

19. Solarclipse

Jul 30, 2012
    The dev posted on this forum a long time ago about that; it uses the icloud keychain, so make sure that's turned on in all your devices settings. If that doesn't work, search the thread for "keychain" and you should find the original post in case I missed something. The sync works pretty well and I appreciate that it is at my discretion. Sometimes I put the game on my ipad to run on auto when I go to work, or will load up just before doing my endless wave battle on both devices, and see if I do better on one over the other :) Or restart the day 2 battle to make sure my ogre gets the builder skill, and I can make more use of my starting $.

20. KyneTarse

KyneTarse Member

Aug 8, 2016
    Awesome, thanks for the response. Didn't know about that feature but got it working. Thanks!