TIMELINE coming soon

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by CrazyRobot, Aug 12, 2009.

1. CrazyRobot

CrazyRobot New Member

Aug 11, 2009
    #1 CrazyRobot, Aug 12, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
    Hello,

I'm JL Calouro of Crazy Robot Games,

We have been working on a First Person Shooter game which we will submit to the App Store in a few weeks and should be released in September, it has been tested and optimized to run smoothly on an iPhone 3G.

"TIMELINE" is a FPS with an exciting story line. It's set in the year 2248 on a space station called Infinity station, a research and development station developing controversial technologies and military weapons. The problem is, Earth has lost contact with the station and sends you to investigate.

The game will feature multiple weapons to choose from, to include grenades and rocket launchers. The player's heath will slowly regenerate after getting hit, and we have included a bunch of different enemies as well as end level bosses. The player will progress through checkpoints that automatically save progression as they complete 5 levels of game play.

The player can adjust the sensitivity of the controls, choose between 3 different fire button positions, and select between Easy, Med, and Hard game play. We have also included a stat screen that counts deaths and kills. In the future, one of our updates will be to post your stats on an on-line leader board.

We are working on a video trailer that will be viewable on our website www.crazyrobotgames.com The video should be up by this weekend. We will also keep adding screenshots to the site.

Comments, suggestions, and questions are always welcome!

Players can also keep informed of our progress via our Facebook account www.facebook.com/pages/Crazy-Robot-Games/250789015542

Thanks,

JL Calouro,
    Crazy Robot Games

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. brypan

brypan Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    The characters look Tron-like, with some very big guns :eek:!

3. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Looks really good... The 5th and 6th pictures are awesome :D

4. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
  5. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    You should have put "Timeline, a FPS game" or something like that, I thought this was going to be some history game or something lol! Anyways, it looks like FPS games are finially arriving fast...

6. CrazyRobot

CrazyRobot New Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Thanks, New screenshots are on the way with Anisotropic Filtering!

7. PacSun4dc

PacSun4dc Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Atlanta,GA
    lol i was thinking about the samething (thought it was goign to be on app history or somethin:p)

but it looks awesome
    the price?

8. CrazyRobot

CrazyRobot New Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Thanks, we are going to post new screenshots in a new thread what a better description. We will post a link to the new thread!

We are leaning toward $1.99...

9. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    Cool, that should make it look a bit hipper ;)

If I were you, I'd put some serious work into the control scheme. Placing the fire button directly above a single digital-style pad makes little sense... perhaps consider a dual-stick solution like Dropship?

I'm also a big advocate for auto-fire (on a mobile device without buttons) when the crosshairs hover over an enemy, though many disagree on that point.

If the game is good, you should be able to get away with 3 dollars or more. Your best bet would be launching before Ngmoco's shooter - I think that game is going to overshadow a lot of other releases.

Good luck on your game! :)

10. CrazyRobot

CrazyRobot New Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Thanks for the advice!

You can select three different positions for the fire button, left (My fav because I place the crosshairs on a target then use my left thumb to fire and my right thumb to get really steady aim, it gives me more control over aiming), you can also have it on the right and center bottom. I'll make some screenshots of all three so people see there is an option. I'll try to get an auto-fire option in one of my next few updates. I have so much to do as it is right now!!

The controls are left stick to walk fwd, back, side step left and right, while the right thumb is used to look around and direct your when you are walking!

11. sundance kid

sundance kid Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    eehhh
    BFE,AZ
    on the last picture the guy to the right looks like killface from frisky dingo

anyhow game looks pretty fun,looks polished.hopefully it will turn out well :)