Announcing Pro Beach Volleyball by iBall Games!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by iballgames, Aug 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello all! In keeping with the rules, we wanted to announce the upcoming iBall Games Pro Beach Volleyball game for the iPhone / iPod Touch. We are in beta 7 now and hope to be sending to Apple for review by later today or tomorrow.

A really early beta video is on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN5SSUS_rPs

This is the Lite version which is coming out first. It includes:

Description of the lite game:

Choose from two courts: Mexico or California. The later version (full game) will have all four courts.

Females only. Full version for all of the females and male athletes.

Offline play only . Full game for online play.

Play to 7. Full version will let you choose your points.

Screen Shots of the court:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Nice looking graphics, if the gameplay is good, could be a big game!

3. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    Looks great, but this was not your best choice if you want people to upgrade to the full version.

I imagine most guys with an iPhone would prefer just the female version anyhow.

Michael

4. Maybe so, the females are not all bouncy and such like some guys might be looking for. Its really moe focused around trying to actually re-create the game play of real beach volleyball. There will be spiking, diving, etc.

5. Coral

Coral Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    The video looked like the gameplay was very slowly paced. Are there intenser modes or is that an easy match?

6. #7 iballgames, Aug 20, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
    That is an easy match and an early beta video -- that is v1, v7 is out today and should be the final one. There are two modes, amatuer and pro, that video and the lite version will feature amatuer.

7. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    Been waiting for a game like this for ages, only to be disappointed by a number of volley games that have been released so far...

I hope your lite isn't too good, 'cos you'd have lost one sale already.;) I'll buy this just because of how the players move. Great job. What's the price of the full version?

Male/female, amateur/pro, 4 locations... Career mode, online tournaments, any more gameplay details? Big enough for me, wish you good luck with the launch, hope you've got some proper launch strategy ready!

8. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Will it have real players? like the champs from USA Phil Dalhausser and todd rogers, Misty may-treanor and kerri walsh?

9. We will have a new video of version 8 out later today or maybe in the morning. It is the final version from what the developer has told me. I'll post it up on YouTube and let you know when its there.

I'll also post full description of the Lite and the Full (Special) Edition features.

We have a pretty good strategy I think, getting some momentum and interest way up front and some good feedback.

10. Not for now, that would involve negotiations and probably a large finacial commitment with the AVP. Never know about future versions. Most of the leagues are aware of our game.

11. colorsound

colorsound Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Video Game Developer / Photographer / Graphic Arti
    Detroit, MI
    Just for the record, anytime I play a Tennis, Bowling, Table Tennis, Volleyball game (etc) I ALWAYS choose a female for my player (I am a guy)

I don't care about the sexual nature of it, but if I have a choice between looking at a girl or boy for my character, I choose girl - Even if stats are lower.

There is nothing worse than playing a volleyball game within a sausage-fest.

I get so mad when I play a Tennis game on 'Quick Play' and the computer picks some sort of Chach - Douchebag.

Oh yeah, awesome looking game by the way!
    I Love Sports Games with many Locations / Venues / Themes. Great move on that part. I also love Weather and time of day (for future reference!)

If buying the full version only adds guys...well, You know very well where I stand I think.

12. The Lite (or as it is going to be called Special Edition) game has only female players. The features in the SE are just amazing, I should have a video of it within the next day to post -- there are shadows (which most iphone games don't have), and the Mexico court is really a sight to see. This game is going for realistic play and console quality. And as someone mentioned, it does get harder.

Good suggestions by the way! I'll pass on to the dev team!

13. AttackOfThePwned

AttackOfThePwned Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Photographer
    San Francisco, CA
    Hmm would love a good volleyball game but your choice of controls seems very dull to me.

So you don't move your players around at all? You just select between four move buttons depending on which side the ball falls on and then watch the player perform the move?

Of course I have not played with it yet but that to me just seems all of one minute fascinating and then I'd move on to something else.

Was the beta feedback positive for the control scheme? Is it faster game play with your latest version than what was in the video? Tournament/Career mode? Quick play mode? Does it auto save if something happens while playing a game? How many venues/backgrounds total? Online multiplayer?

14. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Make the girls topless........PLEASE! :)

15. AttackOfThePwned

AttackOfThePwned Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Photographer
    San Francisco, CA
    Idea

Just curious but is that your request for all games with female characters in them? ;)

16. #17 iballgames, Aug 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2009
    LOL, sorry -- not going to happen. Game is more about the recreation of a real match as opposed to being sexy. The characters are so small given the size of the iPhone screen that color of the suits is about as detailed as we will get, but the players do look great.

Controls are different on the final version as opposed to the video that was posted, they are actually simplified but we found that makes the play more fun. Most of beta users have gotten comfortable with the game play fairly quickly. I personally sat down and played it for an hour and worked on my skills -- that is a huge change from how I interact with most iPhone games which keep my attention for about 5 minutes. The beta users seem to love playing it. I don't think its a play one time and its over like a lot of games, it really keeps your attention!

Mod: Release thread at http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=26769